Jump to content

Car In the Shop 2, no, 3 Weeks, no 4 weeks, no 7 weeks For Warranty Repair - GOT HER BACK, Ford Customer Service is useless


Recommended Posts

I’ve had ignition coils for my vw on order since june 25th, still nothing, about to go to autozone. Apparently vw is only providing parts to factory for new cars and select dealers until supply problems get fixed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was years ago, but my sister had an Explorer with a fantom electrical draw. This was at Drew Ford. They went a week without a rental, even though the warranty says rental. Then by week 3 of no answers. My brother in law called Ford Corp. that lit a fire and made things happen.

The Drew’s tech could not figure it out and it was later found out the car was sitting more time then being worked on. Ford sent a specialist out to the dealership to figure it out. It was later found out it was a combo of a bad battery and the stereo / nav head unit was drawing more power when off then it should and this was the electrical issues . 
 

After some serious talks with Ford Corp, they got money for not having a rental for a week when they should have been given a car once it was known they would not get it back within 24 hours. And because it was financed through  Ford they offered to defer on months payments, which was not accepted, but what was is they reduced the loan amount owed by one months payments as they lost one months use and ownership of the vehicle. After this that Explore was a solid vehicle until they sold it years later. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a call from the Service Director at Penske.  Very apologetic for the communications issues and will personally give me status updates every other day.  All I could really ask for, as I understand that sometimes sheeyit happens.  

Problem itself: apparently is when the shock is removed (already replaced), the sound goes away, so either a problem with spot welds on the body, or the shock adds juuuuust enough load to the knuckle to tweak a suspect bushing into knocking.  Either way, it's not a simple swap a part and voila! done.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2021 at 8:32 AM, Mac said:

Just a thought...

If they offer to buy it back, they are using this time to frustrate you into selling it because they will make more money taking it back.

I receive legitimate calls offering me more for my truck than I paid for it.  The industry is playing their schemes to keep making money.

This is what I was thinking as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MWB said:

This is what I was thinking as well.

Based on the list of things that the techs have tried to resolve, I doubt this is what's happening.  Just turns out to be an overworked employee not communicating well.  Communications are now perfect, so I'll be patient again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the 70s I had a teacher who was a Ford assembly line worker in the 60s. He told us that none of the employees gave an eff and left out bolts in hard to reach places, or put empty soda bottles inside the door panel then welded the inner door panel. He said he'd average 4 bottles per day, and they were impossible to find unless you cut the inner panel out. Thousands of cars were out there with a door rattle that couldn't be found. He said they were all bored, underpaid and just didn't give a sh1t.

Ever since then, I've always felt Ford QA lagged behind other brands and my personal experiences have always been bad with Ford, not much better with Chevy. 

I've seen some YT videos of some really sharp independent techs who use unorthodox methods to find difficult problems, like that guy did with the Gopro while he was driving. In some cases, that's what it takes to find the real problem without throwing a bunch of random parts at it like most techs do. That's part of the problem, some of the sharpest guys go independent to make more money and that leaves the dealer techs who can barely follow a simple flow chart.

Hopefully they fix it soon! Good luck!

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

In the 70s I had a teacher who was a Ford assembly line worker in the 60s. He told us that none of the employees gave an eff and left out bolts in hard to reach places, or put empty soda bottles inside the door panel then welded the inner door panel. He said he'd average 4 bottles per day, and they were impossible to find unless you cut the inner panel out. Thousands of cars were out there with a door rattle that couldn't be found. He said they were all bored, underpaid and just didn't give a sh1t.

Ever since then, I've always felt Ford QA lagged behind other brands and my personal experiences have always been bad with Ford, not much better with Chevy. 

I've seen some YT videos of some really sharp independent techs who use unorthodox methods to find difficult problems, like that guy did with the Gopro while he was driving. In some cases, that's what it takes to find the real problem without throwing a bunch of random parts at it like most techs do. That's part of the problem, some of the sharpest guys go independent to make more money and that leaves the dealer techs who can barely follow a simple flow chart.

Hopefully they fix it soon! Good luck!

Damn…

Though at least every part is serialized these days, so you know who did it. Plus, Michigan is practically a third world country these days, so they can probably execute the employee. :biggrin:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rockwood~ Why do you hate Indians? 

Lord OTD~ Why do you disparage the Point, Pull and Pray method of troubleshooting? 

 

This sucks, and I know how frustrating it can be. The no call back is easily handled, by moving the call upwards like you have done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, WLD_OTZ said:

Rockwood~ Why do you hate Indians? 

Lord OTD~ Why do you disparage the Point, Pull and Pray method of troubleshooting? 

 

This sucks, and I know how frustrating it can be. The no call back is easily handled, by moving the call upwards like you have done. 

Dots or feathers?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, WLD_OTZ said:

which threw up in yore new to you rental?

All of them.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rockwood said:

All of them.

so yore saying, racist, that a dotfeather threw up in your new to you ford edge? well, at least it was only a Ford.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WLD_OTZ said:

so yore saying, racist, that a dotfeather threw up in your new to you ford edge? well, at least it was only a Ford.. 

At least twice.  Daily spraying of odor killers has finally gotten it to be not offensive when you get in in the morning.

The stank did save me a lot of injury: someone ran the bajeezus out of a stop sign on a blind corner.  Had the windows been up, I wouldn't have heard them coming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

At least twice.  Daily spraying of odor killers has finally gotten it to be not offensive when you get in in the morning.

The stank did save me a lot of injury: someone ran the bajeezus out of a stop sign on a blind corner.  Had the windows been up, I wouldn't have heard them coming.

see, it was all done out of love. Donate yore Mustang to cars for kids. You know the song. 

 

Yore welcome.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Board Moderator
1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

All of them.

Kill them all... Let god sort them out - Confucius Say | Meme Generator

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Board Moderator
45 minutes ago, WLD_OTZ said:

see, it was all done out of love. Donate yore Mustang to cars for kids. You know the song. 

 

Yore welcome.

@WLD_OTZ Why you hate kids?

Everyone knows there is nothing that ca get the stank off a Ford.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Crusty said:

@WLD_OTZ Why you hate kids?

Everyone knows there is nothing that ca get the stank off a Ford.

shhhh... I was just trying to get the song stuck in his head... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Crusty said:

@WLD_OTZ Why you hate kids?

Everyone knows there is nothing that ca get the stank off a Ford.

Sure there is.  Gasoline fires.

9 minutes ago, WLD_OTZ said:

shhhh... I was just trying to get the song stuck in his head... 

This is cruel and unusual.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Sure there is.  Gasoline fires.

This is cruel and unusual.

 

Good thing I am not the .gov then!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ford's ears must've been burning: got a call from their rep, who isn't getting a call back from the Service Advisor at Penske either.  LOL

Supposed to get a call back tomorrow on this, laid the groundwork for some sort of credit as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Ford's ears must've been burning: got a call from their rep, who isn't getting a call back from the Service Advisor at Penske either.  LOL

Supposed to get a call back tomorrow on this, laid the groundwork for some sort of credit as well.

It truly is all about the CSI. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, WLD_OTZ said:

It truly is all about the CSI. 

Crime Scene Investigation?

Chinese Signals Intelligence?

CanAm Suspension Idiocy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, WLD_OTZ said:

Computer Science Instigator

Is that your pet name for me? :biggrin:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Rockwood changed the title to Car In the Shop 2, no, 3 Weeks, no 4 weeks, no 7 weeks For Warranty Repair - GOT HER BACK, Ford Customer Service is useless

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Shout Box

Shout Box

You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    Terms of Use Privacy Policy