CRUSTY

2020 Dodgers - Road To The World Series Championship

Dodgers new team motto, “maybe next year”

18 minutes ago, sausage450r said:

Dodgers new team motto, “maybe next year”

Yep 

Good problem to have .

They will win the division by a 10-20 games next year and then we get to see what mystery the playoffs hold. It could be much worse, you could be a fan of the other two so cal teams that finished a combined 71 games back ...Ugh 

Dodger fans get let down every year and they other fans have no hope so why even watch 

58 minutes ago, badgas said:

Yep 

Good problem to have .

They will win the division by a 10-20 games next year and then we get to see what mystery the playoffs hold. It could be much worse, you could be a fan of the other two so cal teams that finished a combined 71 games back ...Ugh 

Dodger fans get let down every year and they other fans have no hope so why even watch 

Padres, best place to begin and end a hall of fame career

I was at the bar screaming at Dave Roberts when he let Kersh start the 8th.  Dude next to me high fived me when he gave up back to back bombs.  Next year . . .

1 hour ago, badgas said:

Yep 

Good problem to have .

Not really,  The Dodgers only won 2 more playoff games than the Padres this year,  and we dont have to Live in LA!   

Best record in the league and get bounced 1st round by the wild card team !! LMAO!!  That was a great game!

Ugh. Hopefully they fire Roberts. 
Good regular season manager, playoffs he becomes a little league team manager. 
I was still fired up from game 4 when he didn’t keep Kenta Maeda in who was pitching lights out and pinch hit AJ Pollock who was 0 for his last 11 with 10 strike outs. 

37 minutes ago, Dune Marshall said:

Not really,  The Dodgers only won 2 more playoff games than the Padres this year,  and we dont have to Live in LA!   

Best record in the league and get bounced 1st round by the wild card team !! LMAO!!  That was a great game!

Washinton and the Dodgers had identical records from the end of May to the end of the regular season. Just sayin . . .

Roberts does a poor job making pitching decisions, always has.  For some reason he thinks Kershaw is Superman, trust your bullpen and if they fail then that is on upper management.  I am a huge Kershaw fan, but having him come out of the bullpen is not his strength, we have seen it before.

That being said, Bellinger and Seager had terrible series, and the team all of sudden became a strike out machine (they weren't like that all year)….why?  Nationals pitching is good, but they were striking out on balls not strikes that tells me they were pressing.

Dodgers do too much switching up the line ups for every game, players need rhythm, you don't get that when you play every other day.  It is great to have flexibility, but to what extent is good when you reach the playoffs.

A couple things to point out, they didn't play particular well in September, offense really started to struggle.  I know they had a good last week, but it was against bad teams.  Then you roll into a short series facing good pitching anything can happen in a short series...…………………..

On to next year.

The Dodgers win on talent, not because of Dave Roberts.

Worst manager I've seen at managing situations.

Come on Joe Maddon !!!!!

Kershaw never should have come back out in the 10th.

He closed out the 9th...done! Thanks for playing.

48 minutes ago, old flatty said:

The Dodgers win on talent, not because of Dave Roberts.

Worst manager I've seen at managing situations.

Come on Joe Maddon !!!!!

Friggen Cubs.. They are going to regret that move!! I read an article that stated it perfectly.. His success was his demise.. When you are that sucessful in your second year, the follow up act is a bearcat.. He one of the most brilliant coaches.. So sad to see him go.. Management made the wrong purchases, which painted the cubs into a salary problem.. Had nothing to do with Madden

Scosia suffered the same fate...won it all too early...but with Joe Madden.

8 hours ago, Dune Marshall said:

Good problem to have .

On 10/10/2019 at 8:21 PM, badgas said:

Good problem to have .

Honestly, its so hard to be a PADRE fan, born and raised.  I hear what your saying

Le Go Doyer, le go...

How about those Houston Asterisks ? ? ?

15 minutes ago, South Bay said:

How about those Houston Asterisks ? ? ?

and also looking like red sox as well....alex cora involved in both

crazy when you look at the difference in the numbers for Houston at home compared to the road..... just went back to yardbarker.com to get the numbers they had posted and all the articles they had related to the astros are gone, it was a big headline article with about 6 other articles below it. now all gone. 

28 minutes ago, JaredDustin said:

and also looking like red sox as well....alex cora involved in both

crazy when you look at the difference in the numbers for Houston at home compared to the road..... just went back to yardbarker.com to get the numbers they had posted and all the articles they had related to the astros are gone, it was a big headline article with about 6 other articles below it. now all gone. 

Yeah, Cora is Effed . . .

Opening day with no baseball.  Took the day off as per usual (I’m “essential “ and still working in my office).  Think I’ll get some Dodger Dogs, some peanuts and  drink a few beers while watching Kershaw go 9 innings and hit a home run against the Giants in 2013  . . .

7 hours ago, South Bay said:

Opening day with no baseball.  Took the day off as per usual (I’m “essential “ and still working in my office).  Think I’ll get some Dodger Dogs, some peanuts and  drink a few beers while watching Kershaw go 9 innings and hit a home run against the Giants in 2013  . . .

I am with you, my kids pooled all their money and bought me Opening Day tickets this year as well, I know it is selfish but I am bummed.

On 3/26/2020 at 5:16 PM, Cookie said:

I am with you, my kids pooled all their money and bought me Opening Day tickets this year as well, I know it is selfish but I am bummed.

Yep. No Mookie Betts debut in blue just yet.