Sign in to follow this  
cdrlbr

Afe Stage 2

[attachmentid=153279]I just purchased a new AFE Stage 2 air system for the Rhino. Anyone else using this system at high altitudes? What is a good jet size to get started in the right direction for tuning. I am also running a dynatec CDI.

Thanks

I just installed my aFe kit last week and im at 5500 ft. elevation. I havent done much jet testing but the 200 I put in the first time around has been running great!!! I would recommend trying that first.

I am also in the process of putting the AFE kit on my 07. I have it on, but like yourself I am trying to figure out the jetting. I think the dealer put a 200 or 205 in it and it ran horrible. We are actually going to dyno it and test it on Tuesday. I live in Utah at about 5300 feet. I will keep you informed or if you find out before me let me know. I will watch this post for the next few days.

[attachmentid=153981]Just replaced the stock jet with a 180 main and the thing really came alive. Good powerfrom bottom to top and no sputtering or backfiring. Headin high in the Nevada hills this weekend, will be at 8500 feet plus. Will see how it does there.

cdrlbr or anyone-

Went and picked up my Rhino today with the AFE Stage 2 on it and I don't know if I really like it. It is a lot louder than the stock air intake (I heard that it was quieter) and I still don't have it jetted correctly (I think). I am taking it back to the dealer tomorrow to put it on the Dyno so I can check and set the correct jetting. By the way I have a 165 jet and I am at 5,350 ft. I am kind of discouraged!!!!! Any recommendations for me.

try a 200 and see how it runs. And who ever told you it was quiter was definitly messing with you. Its much louder!