Injection Moulding - Anyone know where / How in SoCal.

fng

• Administrators

Hi Friends,

I'm in need of an injection moulder here in SoCal. Someone I can work through the process on getting my project done. 

Let me know.

Cheers!

FNG

49 minutes ago, fng said:

Hi Friends,

I'm in need of an injection moulder here in SoCal. Someone I can work through the process on getting my project done. 

Let me know.

Cheers!

FNG

This depends largely on quantities, material, and part complexity.  How much are you looking to invest?  I do this for work but typically you don’t necessarily need to have a local vendor.  You can try companies like protomold that can turn out some cost effective parts for lower quantities like ~2000 parts.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Kraut_n_Rice said:

Could it just be printed?

No. What I need to make can be seen at http://teeboxpromos.com

The markers are four pieces. Base, cover, 2 end caps and internal stabilizer. It's patented, so I'm not worried about sharing this.

1 hour ago, D_C said:

This depends largely on quantities, material, and part complexity.  How much are you looking to invest?  I do this for work but typically you don’t necessarily need to have a local vendor.  You can try companies like protomold that can turn out some cost effective parts for lower quantities like ~2000 parts.

Protomold is who we used and they are doing production quantities  for us.  Mind you it's only around 110 a month. 

2 hours ago, Kraut_n_Rice said:

Vacuum form it.  Way cheaper.  You could make the form in your garage out of wood.

X2 Agreed and for low quantities definitely skip the expensive injection tooling. Your parts are a great vacuum formable shape. Plenty of places around that could crank out a hundred of these in an afternoon with some cheap tooling.

They also make extruded plexiglass parts. If one had a large square extrusion and had it sliced corner to corner, it would end up being 2 triangles. I'd call MGM/FRP, he's in the plastics business, and a GD sponsor!