Sign in to follow this  
Cobra299

Afe Intake Jetting?

2007 660 Rhino with just a dynatec cdi, alba clutch sheave, and AFE intake. What should the jetting be? I know a 205 main jet is way too big. I live in murrieta ca. and prety much run in glamis. I threw a 185 main in it and it seemed to run good but just looking for opinions. Should I adjust anything else besides the main, air screw, etc?

Thanks in advance

2007 660 Rhino with just a dynatec cdi, alba clutch sheave, and AFE intake. What should the jetting be? I know a 205 main jet is way too big. I live in murrieta ca. and prety much run in glamis. I threw a 185 main in it and it seemed to run good but just looking for opinions. Should I adjust anything else besides the main, air screw, etc?

Thanks in advance

I don't have a AFE but 205 does sound big, I remember hearing to jet to 185-190. I think AFE wants everyone to run a 205 to cover there butt so they don't have any lean problems. Let me know what jetting seems to work, I'm going to switch to the afe.

Edited by NORCALRHINO

I do think AFE is covering their ass on jetting and I think the 185 is plenty and I think it could go even lower. I have heard of guys just running the stock jet but I definately dont think that is safe.

post-17354-1199214116.jpgI am running the AFE intake on my 660 at 6500 feet elevation. Had to use a 155 jet. Runs great at this elevation and higher, up to 10,000 feet.

I installed the K&N intake and the company sent a 170 jet with the kit. It runs real good with this jetting.

I really think they are covering there butt. Alot of different variables.

A buddy of mine has an 06 660 and he runs a 180 jet in his. CDI box, DMC exhaust, and aftermarket fuel pump. He takes it to pismo, glamis, dumont, el mirage and ocatillo. She runs great.