Something is happening that I thought would never happen! I'm retiring!!!

Bigsammy

It's time for me to call it a day and move on! 

I've been working since I was around 12...I'm 62 now...so I think 50 years is enough!

We bought a new motor home and we plan to wear it out!! LOL!! We're gong to see the country and beyond!

Here's to the next adventure!!

20210802_174714.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Moderator

Damn congratulations.  I’m a year behind you.  Good luck with new life. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hot darn congratulations BigSammy, the road ahead is an adventure waiting for you. Enjoy this new life, and smile as you travel. You are retired.

• Like 1

Congrats –

It has to be hugely gratifying being able to afford to retire . . .

Doing the Americas tour and a never ending vacation with no worries about "getting back to work" sounds like paradise ... ENJOY!!!

• Like 1

Congratulations! Always excited to hear when someone retires. Looking forward to my turn someday. 

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator

It's all down hill from here BigSammy. Enjoy the ride. Peace

• Like 1

Congratulations! I am trying to retire in the next year. How do you flip the switch from saving money to spending the money that you saved. Mentally that is going to be a tough one for me. 

• Like 2

• Board Moderator

Well deserved, congrats to you and the Mrs.......enjoy the best days ahead.

1 hour ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

Congratulations! I am trying to retire in the next year. How do you flip the switch from saving money to spending the money that you saved. Mentally that is going to be a tough one for me. 

With your thoughts of money you will do just fine. Takes a little adjustment but if you are a saver, you still will be in retirement. My wife and I have been really lucky and have gotten to do so much since retiring, 21 years ago, yet the nest egg continues to grow. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good for you, I am 6 years away.  Watching love ones passing in their mid 70's has motivated me to retire sooner than later....................

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Good for you, I am 6 years away.  Watching love ones passing in their mid 70's has motivated me to retire sooner than later....................

Totally agree with this.

After seeing what happened to my parents, decided years ago that I was going to live life like I want and enjoy.  Trips, toys, dunes, vacation time etc.  Doing it all now.  Might be broke in retirement, but money does no good if you can't spend it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bigsammy said:

It's time for me to call it a day and move on! 

I've been working since I was around 12...I'm 62 now...so I think 50 years is enough!

We bought a new motor home and we plan to wear it out!! LOL!! We're gong to see the country and beyond!

Here's to the next adventure!!

20210802_174714.jpg

Congrats!  Maybe start a thread for all of your travels and adventures.

-TJ

• Like 1

Congrats, nicely done ! Enjoy the next decade and see/do all that you can while health is with you and your wife 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard h said:

With your thoughts of money you will do just fine. Takes a little adjustment but if you are a saver, you still will be in retirement. My wife and I have been really lucky and have gotten to do so much since retiring, 21 years ago, yet the nest egg continues to grow. 

I retired 3 years ago and this description is spot on in my experience.

Love to hear of others that finally get to enjoy the fruits of many years of hard work.

Congrats Bigsammy!

• Like 1