Speed UTV

2 hours ago, Realbadlarry said:

OH snap there it is......

good job!

Now only 100 pages more to go.  LOL!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, onanysunday said:

I had an orange Gremlin in high school. That thing was a blast!  Pretty sure it was the big motor because I could do smokies with it. Power braking of course. Still 80 HP less than the base Speed UTV HP! :classic_tongue:

The Gremlin debuted in April 1970 with AMC's 199 cu in (3.3 L) I6, a seven main bearing design which produced 128 hp (95 kW; 130 PS) as standard equipment, with AMC's 232 cu in (3.8 L) I6 - producing 145 hp (108 kW; 147 PS) - as an option.

Back then, I thought Gremlins were pretty cool. Buddy in high school had a Javelin. Even the Rambler Scramblers had the sleeper thing going on.

My neighbor was part owner of Genuine Suspension when they came up with the AMX-1 in the early days of what became Funny Cars.

• Like 1

Speed needs to step in and donate a Speed RC car to the gent that gets the 200th page started!  I saw lots of those RC cars at Kartek gathering dust.

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator
14 minutes ago, JBL said:

Speed needs to step in and donate a Speed RC car to the gent that gets the 200th page started!  I saw lots of those RC cars at Kartek gathering dust.

NAPA auto parts has a bunch of them also.  I’m not a perfectionist by any means but. I would at least try and get the sticker for the rim in the center.  

• Haha 2

Are the Speed Rc cars worth buying. i bought my kids teh cheap walmart funco Rc cars and they broke 1st trip out. bad trannys. LOL

18 hours ago, 1HasBeen said:

That's like pimpin' in an AMC Pacer🤔

like this?

IMG_7883.JPG

IMG_7886.JPG

• Like 4

Congratulations!  🍾🎈 

Half way there. 

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

It’s NOT a Speed UTV!

• Haha 2

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, URCLEVER said:

Are the Speed Rc cars worth buying. i bought my kids teh cheap walmart funco Rc cars and they broke 1st trip out. bad trannys. LOL

Just get some traxxas  rustlers they work great and simple

• Like 2

1 hour ago, URCLEVER said:

Get you kids a Traxxas Slash or Stampede and watch your money disappear at the hobby shop every time the break something.  LOL!

Seriously stick with Traxxas products as every hobby shop stocks parts for them.  

The rabbit hole that is r/c cars is never ending. Even more so when you kid decides he wants to race them. 

• Like 1

The speed RC car is worth every penny of $150.

I had a much more expensive RC car that always needed work. I think it was an Axial Yeti.

We have 2 of the Speeds and they take some abuse for sure.

Ours have not broken yet.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jtmoney714 said:

This thread needs more Lord of the socal d max in it. 

Let's see if this will work.

LOTD I just did over 420 miles in the AZ desert with a group of 18 UTVs.  Not one Can Am fell apart.  One even slide into a tree and the front end did not fall off.  LMAO!!!!

tree2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, DTA said:

I had a much more expensive RC car that always needed work. I think it was an Axial Yeti.

What scale are the Speed R/C cars?   The Axial Yeti was fun when it was not broken.  Especially if you threw a 3 cell in it at the dunes. 

yeti.jpg

7 minutes ago, DTA said:

May have to order 1. the traxxas always fell apart when I drove it into things. Horrible rc driver. needs a steering wheel.

Asking for a friend, if I put a deposit down do I get a free t-shirt or hat from Speed..........#wanttorepresent

1 hour ago, Sand Shark said:

What scale are the Speed R/C cars?   The Axial Yeti was fun when it was not broken.  Especially if you threw a 3 cell in it at the dunes. 

yeti.jpg

Smaller than the yeti. The yeti was great until it broke. Then it broke 10 things behind that right after another. I dropped like $400 into it and it's still not great. The speed I just throw in the moho when I'm going camping. Always works, fast as chit and like it said not broken yet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

Let's see if this will work.

LOTD I just did over 420 miles in the AZ desert with a group of 18 UTVs.  Not one Can Am fell apart.  One even slide into a tree and the front end did not fall off.  LMAO!!!!

tree2.jpg

Good thing it didn't break the paper machet radiator! LOL

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, 1HasBeen said:

Good thing it didn't break the paper machet radiator! LOL

He managed to wedge the tree perfectly between the bumper and a-arm. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FOG said:

Congratulations!  🍾🎈 

Half way there. 

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

It’s NOT a Speed UTV!

That's a train coming. 

• Haha 1

Traxxas is garbage.  Check out Armma RC worth every penny!  My sons and I all run 1/8 scale 6S and these things are tanks and fast as hell.  A while back 4 friends decided to buy Traxxas 1/8 scale after seeing mine run and every time we played All of theirs would break.  Even the wives who watched us playing laughed at them fixing and praised how I kept going and going and going....They stopped playing with theirs now lol.

23 hours ago, JBL said:

Traxxas is garbage.  Check out Armma RC worth every penny!  My sons and I all run 1/8 scale 6S and these things are tanks and fast as hell.  A while back 4 friends decided to buy Traxxas 1/8 scale after seeing mine run and every time we played All of theirs would break.  Even the wives who watched us playing laughed at them fixing and praised how I kept going and going and going....They stopped playing with theirs now lol.

I have a Armma Typhon 6S and it has been the toughest car so far.  Kiddo launched a good 50' off a jump and it nose dived onto the street.  It took the hit and kept going.  Then we started taking it to the r/c track and my kid started racing.   He did pretty good with it too.  Then the racing go a little more serious.  Now have a 1/10th scale 4wd Team Associated and 1/8th scale Losi for racing.  

• Like 1