Speed UTV

If there is any industry that is the epitome of boom and bust it is marine, and Polaris went on a big buying spree, including big luxury stuff. I think they stand to take a huge hit when this phony economy goes bust. Scott Wine flew away on his golden parachute and the current guy is likely to take the fall.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, 1HasBeen said:

If there is any industry that is the epitome of boom and bust it is marine, and Polaris went on a big buying spree, including big luxury stuff. I think they stand to take a huge hit when this phony economy goes bust. Scott Wine flew away on his golden parachute and the current guy is likely to take the fall.

Boat and RV industry take big hits when the economy takes a big hit.  Going to be interesting to see how many people back out of RVs they ordered a year ago.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

Boat and RV industry take big hits when the economy takes a big hit.  Going to be interesting to see how many people back out of RVs they ordered a year ago.   

I foresee a big glut of 1 - 2 yr old luxury RVs for sale in the near future. Between storage costs, huge fuel price increases, campground price increases, campgrounds being full, dispersed camping areas getting closed due to trash and the realization they're paying a house payment for something they use only once every couple of months after the novelty wears off, there's going to be a big group who are going to sh1t their pants when they see how upside down they are when they try to unload the thing in a buyer's market.

I'm sure the boat sales will follow the same pattern.

• Like 4

When you guys are talking about "walking away". Do you think someone would just walk away from their deposit/accessories? Or by walking away, you mean selling their spot? If selling the spot, then it is just replacing a person for another person. No lose to Speed. Other than potently they could of had 2 customers and now only have one.  

I had all my Speed cash invested. Right now, with the market, the Speed is going to cost me $60,000. Hopefully this dip will be over once the cars some out. I really am in no rush now. Unless of course I keep losing money everyday. #thanksJoe

On 5/8/2022 at 9:42 AM, Sand Shark said:

Yet you have never seen one up close or ridden in a Pro R, but yet your engineering degree and keen eye have you making all those conclusions.  LOL!!!

Yes Polaris increased the diameter of the tubing used as well as the wall thickness to strengthen the car.  Yes there are some dead tubes used that add to the weight.  As well as  I believe it was 3" diameter drive shafts (can't remember what the polaris guy said when I saw the Pro R in person, bigger hardware, and bigger everything compared to previous models

The El Jeffe will probably end up weighing very close to what the Pro R 4 seater weighs. They have not given their official weight yet.  

So in your first paragraph you question my ability to tell sh1t from shinola, then in your second paragraph you agree with everything I pointed out.  :lol:

As for the weights, the 4 set Pro R weighs 2600 lbs and I'm predicting the 4 seat Speed will weigh under 2300 lbs with the same amount of fuel. If the El Jefe weighs over 2400 lbs with a 1/2 tank, I'll buy you a beer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

I had all my Speed cash invested. Right now, with the market, the Speed is going to cost me $60,000. Hopefully this dip will be over once the cars some out. I really am in no rush now. Unless of course I keep losing money everyday. #thanksJoe

Don't blame your bad investments on POTUS. :classic_laugh:

All my profits these past few years are what is paying for my Speed! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

So in your first paragraph you question my ability to tell sh1t from shinola, then in your second paragraph you agree with everything I pointed out.  :lol:

As for the weights, the 4 set Pro R weighs 2600 lbs and I'm predicting the 4 seat Speed will weigh under 2300 lbs with the same amount of fuel. If the El Jefe weighs over 2400 lbs with a 1/2 tank, I'll buy you a beer.

No fair putting helium in the Speed tires. 😳

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

Well except for the use of fence post.  LOL!!   Now if you said muffler tubing and Can Am, then I would totally agree.  LOL!

Hopefully in the next 6 months they will throw El Jeffe on the scale to see if it will be El Gordo.  LOL!!!

Edited by Sand Shark
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

I foresee a big glut of 1 - 2 yr old luxury RVs for sale in the near future. Between storage costs, huge fuel price increases, campground price increases, campgrounds being full, dispersed camping areas getting closed due to trash and the realization they're paying a house payment for something they use only once every couple of months after the novelty wears off, there's going to be a big group who are going to sh1t their pants when they see how upside down they are when they try to unload the thing in a buyer's market.

I'm sure the boat sales will follow the same pattern.

I hope so.  I will be in the market for a new RV in the next year or so.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, URCLEVER said:

Any of the `1st 50 customers been contacted yet?

Maybe they have been contacted. It could be like Fight Club and they can not talk about it.  LOL!

31 minutes ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

When you guys are talking about "walking away". Do you think someone would just walk away from their deposit/accessories? Or by walking away, you mean selling their spot? If selling the spot, then it is just replacing a person for another person. No lose to Speed. Other than potently they could of had 2 customers and now only have one.  

That is a good question. I think you would first see people trying to sell their spots.  If they can't sell the spot then maybe they get a refund on the accessories and walk away losing whatever the non-refundable deposit amount they put down.  The latter I think would only occur if the person could not qualify for a loan, which could happen if the banks decide to make it much tougher to get a loan like they did back in 2008-2012.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

At first, no loss.  Sustained sales, definitely a problem if that happens. The person coming in to buy someone out is not only replacing a paying customer, they're buying it for "less" as far as SpeedUTV is concerned. @Fullthrottleguy talked about that a couple dozen pages or more ago. :biggrin:

49 minutes ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

@Sand Shark 

I'd make sure to get one of these before drinking that beer... :biggrin:

https://www.amazon.com/DrinkSafe-Date-Rape-Drug-Detection/dp/B0001ZNZYC

• Haha 5

52 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

That is a good question. I think you would first see people trying to sell their spots.  If they can't sell the spot then maybe they get a refund on the accessories and walk away losing whatever the non-refundable deposit amount they put down.  The latter I think would only occur if the person could not qualify for a loan, which could happen if the banks decide to make it much tougher to get a loan like they did back in 2008-2012.   

Those were my thoughts as well. 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 11:58 PM, onanysunday said:

Speed-UTV-gussets.png

Funny meme from a guy that has gussets on his gussets.  I have seen them...

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Kat-A-Tonic said:

You can never have many gussets. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kat-A-Tonic said:

LMAO

2 hours ago, Kat-A-Tonic said:

• Board Moderator
2 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

You can never have many gussets. 

to, too, two, tu'

:crusty:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Crusty said:

to, too, two, tu'

:crusty:

dos.  LOL!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

Hopefully in the next 6 months they will throw El Jeffe on the scale to see if it will be El Gordo.  LOL!!!

Well it sure won't be El Flaco!

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, 1HasBeen said:

Well it sure won't be El Flaco!

image.jpeg.d7a0ec5d059c9b7c9b786a7cb27970a5.jpeg

• Haha 3

Some birds chirping today. Production past #250 not going to happen until Q-4 delivery Late Q-1 or Q-2 2023. Hopefully this is just a rumor. Would be nice to see them in 6 months out ripping.

• Sad 1