• Board Moderator

Yore experience with the YXZ has been no bueno amigo :crusty:

21 minutes ago, MWB said:

Sold mine for the same reason, That and I just kept killing the no belt drive line trying to keep up with the drive lines with the belts. Sure they broke a lot more belts then I broke drive lines but I think I spent more money fixing my drive line in the 3 times I broke it than the rest of the group did replacing belts and clutches.

A longer wheelbase trailing arm version of the YXZ with a turbo would be a good set up. 

The reality is the belts hold up pretty well in the turbo cars.  The clutching guys also have done a better job of getting these cars dialed in. I killed two belts last season and that was due to the clutches being worn out after 7000+ miles.  The two seasons before I had not broken a belt in the dunes, just one on a dry lake bed going over 90mph.  

Even RG figured a belt drive was a better option.  

RG cracks me up every time he tells his viewers in the comments that they have no idea what it takes or how long it takes to design, build and bring something like this into production. I’m like maybe you guys have no idea either. 😳😂 They’re learning now though.
Hopefully they figure out the assembly line process and start pumping out those 80 cars a day sooner than later. 🤞🏽

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CampfiresNbrews said:

RG cracks me up every time he tells his viewers in the comments that they have no idea what it takes or how long it takes to design, build and bring something like this into production. I’m like maybe you guys have no idea either. 😳😂 They’re learning now though.
Hopefully they figure out the assembly line process and start pumping out those 80 cars a day sooner than later. 🤞🏽

LOL!   I think they are realizing why Polaris and Textron were pushing back on RG and some of his ideas.  They knew the production and assembly line issues some of those ideas would cause. 

80 cars a day I do not think we will see for quite a while.  Some production cars we hopefully by the end of the year.  

Imo, RG bit off more than he can chew. Will he pull it off? Idk, he seems determined. I almost put $$$ down at the 2019 SSSS, but they didn't even know what motor they were using. Should have just cloned the Z1 motor in china.  I am not a hater. I applaud him trying to bring a world beating SxS to market and I hope he pulls it off.

• Like 1

So why would RG get defensive when asked to show production cars? I thought this was supposed to be a transparent build/operation? I am hearing some chatter out there that's not sounding so good boys! For all you Bible thumpers out there,say a prayer tonight for the deposit holders. 

I hope he pulls off at least a few hundred of these cars!

Here is 6 days of Can Am production up in flames.  It was over 1000 cars.  They claim there will be no disruption and production will resume.  I bet they get those customers orders filled.

Kinda of puts in perspective the 80 cars a day goal of Speed UTV is really not that many cars a day and should be doable.  

187162A0-B787-4439-8137-89145623C10E.png

9 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

Here is 6 days of Can Am production up in flames.  It was over 1000 cars.  They claim there will be no disruption and production will resume.  I bet they get those customers orders filled.

Kinda of puts in perspective the 80 cars a day goal of Speed UTV is really not that many cars a day and should be doable.  

Sand SSarkisian, I was unaware Speed had a manufacturing facility to match the production of companies like BRP. Are you holding back info on us? 

3 hours ago, buff said:

Sand SSarkisian, I was unaware Speed had a manufacturing facility to match the production of companies like BRP. Are you holding back info on us? 

I doubt the manufacturing set up Speed is using could keep up with BRPs morning production line. They have 3 factories in Mexico LOL!  

On 7/16/2021 at 7:41 AM, 1HasBeen said:

Watched last night's episode. I certainly understand how long it takes to take on such an undertaking, and I said immediately after their announcement at SSSS that there was no way they could meet such a timeline, even without Covid. Optimistic doesn't even begin to describe what was promised. I find it amusing that RG gets so butthurt defensive about folks talking about "delay", when he himself is who set the ridiculous timeline.

Probably the best statement as to why the thread even exist. I would say from what I have seen and read it definitely looks as though what they are producing is a lot more SXS then what any one had in mind almost 2 years ago, and that goes for Robby and all his partners and the dealers and people that put deposits down up to and even just a year ago. This is a tremendous amount amount of work. I hope they get them done and to market this 21/22 dez season. Without a doubt its the only SXS I would by if I was gonna get one. In fact if I knew I could get street plates here in CA I would have one sooner than later. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 10:03 AM, Sand Shark said:

The Yamaha needs help in the suspension department.  My friend is selling his YXZ because the suspension is brutal and he is getting beat up trying to keep up with turbo cars in the group. 

Drove a buddy's YXZ with the Fox shock option through the whoops in the Washes...  Never before have I experienced such a combination of compliancy (no harsh bottoming, good control) and nausea-inducing head toss.  It was surreal how it wasn't at all painful but crazily disorienting.  Friend driving (not the owner) and I fell out of it laughing trying not to puke when we got back to camp.  LOL.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:02 PM, Sand Shark said:

LOL!   I think they are realizing why Polaris and Textron were pushing back on RG and some of his ideas.  They knew the production and assembly line issues some of those ideas would cause. 

80 cars a day I do not think we will see for quite a while.  Some production cars we hopefully by the end of the year.  

Once upon a couple of decades ago, I spent 6 months at Nissan USA.  I spent more time getting shot down by the accountants and manufacturing engineers than I ever did designing anything.  Decided the auto industry wasn't for me.  :biggrin:

On 7/19/2021 at 7:11 PM, Sand Shark said:

Still more RZRs have burned in the dunes alone than Can Ams at the plant. :biggrin:

Edited by Rockwood
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

Drove a buddy's YXZ with the Fox shock option through the whoops in the Washes...  Never before have I experienced such a combination of compliancy (no harsh bottoming, good control) and nausea-inducing head toss.  It was surreal how it wasn't at all painful but crazily disorienting.  Friend driving (not the owner) and I fell out of it laughing trying not to puke when we got back to camp.  LOL.

Once upon a couple of decades ago, I spent 6 months at Nissan USA.  I spent more time getting shot down by the accountants and manufacturing engineers than I ever did designing anything.  Decided the auto industry wasn't for me.  :biggrin:

Still more RZRs have burned in the dunes alone than Can Ams at the plant. :biggrin:

I have been in a few YXZs and it was not a fun ride in the whoops or the rough stuff.  Put at least the YXZ does not catch on fire.  LOL! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Robby is pre releasing SPEEDY the 13th, claiming the movie will be in your hands on or before Halloween!  How many speed die hards have pre ordered it? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

The original thread when all this started sure was fun...........

5231540480.jpeg

LMAO!!!   Well in 2023 those Speed UTV owners will be having the last laugh.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

LMAO!!!   Well in 2043 those Speed UTV owners will be having the last laugh.  

Fixed it for you

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Snap-On Chris said:

Fixed it for you

LOL!   By then everything will be electric and he will be talking about how he is changing the generator game to charge things.  Like double shear electric outlets, double sheared pull start and a lot of cool CAD pictures.  

Edited by Sand Shark
  • Haha 2

Well...  the sit and wait game continues. I guess I better go buy my wife another 4 seater for the season. 🙄

I really wanted one of these, but the prices had risen by the time I talked my wife into yet another big purchase.  For some reason she does not really see the need for another car on top of the rail.  Several months ago I made a deal for a fairly early one at cost only to be screwed by the seller who sold to someone else after we had made a deal.  At least I was not out any money on that deal.  Fast forward to a couple days ago and I passed on another one at cost that was on the early pricing.  Guy had more options on it than I would have wanted, but the main thing was I did not want to have the money tied up for who knows how long.