Speed UTV

• Board Moderator
6 minutes ago, NIKAL said:

Base model is the best bang for your buck for what you get at that price. Especially if you did not get in under the original LE & RG pricing and free Speed Key. 

The car is identical to the LE & RG in performance. The LE & RG have some nice features that are super convenient right off the show room floor, but not mandatory. 

If I bought a base model Diablo, and I might do that in a few years for me & my daughter to do some local D38 racing and maybe NORRA. The only must have for me is the roof. Then again I could just skin it with aluminum. The rest like radios I would just buy & install myself. 

With a base vs LE you lose the custom graphics, & chassis suspension color change. The choice of wheels & beadlocks, the roof, and the carbon fiber seats. Additional things lost compared to the RG trim are the LE trim plus Suede seats & steering wheel. Race radio & intercom, window nets and RG edition graphics. 

Thank you @NIKAL

That was exactly what I thought....bells and whistles are the only items lost. The most important things are exactly the same. I'm not a fan of MFG's that put out multiple versions with items like the suspension all being different.

So last question, what was the initial price of this same model at the start....how much difference in total cost from today?

Base Model Price day 1 vs now

What are they charging for the speed key now? vs free back then.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crusty said:

Thank you @NIKAL

That was exactly what I thought....bells and whistles are the only items lost. The most important things are exactly the same. I'm not a fan of MFG's that put out multiple versions with items like the suspension all being different.

So last question, what was the initial price of this same model at the start....how much difference in total cost from today?

Base model was not offered on Day 1.

Day 1 you could get an LE for $32k. Including the speed key. $3000 upgrade to RG.

Edited by DTA
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, URCLEVER said:

So how many do you think they deliver by sand show? I say 50 tops.

The way production is currently looking, I would say 10-20.  

20 minutes ago, Crusty said:

Thank you @NIKAL

16 minutes ago, DTA said:

Base model was not offered on Day 1.

Day 1 you could get an LE for $32k. Including the speed key. $3000 upgrade to RG.

DTA is exactly right. Day 1, the base model was not offered, but you got the LE for base pricing, which was $30K & 32K. Since day 1 the base price has not increased and both Robby & Todd told me they are doing there best to not increase the base price. I’m assuming just due to inflation they will have to increase the base trim pricing soon, plus they don’t price control their dealers, so the dealer can mark up as they want or consumer demands. 

What has gone up since day 1 is the LE & RG trims. I believe there has been 3 price increase? Plus after the initial round of pricing, the Speed key was no longer a free option. That was an addition perk for being in the first round of pricing that ended on Dec 1, 2020. The Speed key is now a $1250 option. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, NIKAL said:

DTA is exactly right. Day 1, the base model was not offered, but you got the LE for base pricing, which was $30K & 32K. Since day 1 the base price has not increased and both Robby & Todd told me they are doing there best to not increase the base price. I’m assuming just due to inflation they will have to increase the base trim pricing soon, plus they don’t price control their dealers, so the dealer can mark up as they want or consumer demands. 

What has gone up since day 1 is the LE & RG trims. I believe there has been 3 price increase? Plus after the initial round of pricing, the Speed key was no longer a free option. That was an addition perk for being in the first round of pricing that ended on Dec 1, 2020. The Speed key is now a $1250 option. 

Actually 2 seater original pricing was $29k.

9 minutes ago, michael.gonzalez said:

That was like day -1.

Just before day 0 and day 1.

I ordered on Sep 19 2019 and that was a few days after sand show. Master 148 and it was $29k. 

Heres a screenshot from Oct 11 2019.

Capture11111.JPG

Edited by DTA

Are you still honored at the 29k price or bumped to 30k when plans changed to a full ground-up production build?

That screenshot also says Q2 2021 delivery expected, and that was for a stretched wildcat!

Why on earth did Robby ever hint at Thanksgiving 2021 for the ground-up build. *Facepalm*

Oh well. 3 years for a ground-up new UTV isn't bad at all!

Edited by michael.gonzalez
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, michael.gonzalez said:

Are you still honored at the 29k price or bumped to 30k when plans changed to a full ground-up production build?

That screenshot also says Q2 2021 delivery expected, and that was for a stretched wildcat!

Why on earth did Robby ever hint at Thanksgiving 2021 for the ground-up build. *Facepalm*

Oh well. 3 years for a ground-up new UTV isn't bad at all!

Well I switched to the 4 seater, but yes, I was locked in at the $29k until I did so, then I retained my lock in at the original 4 seater price of $32k.

• Like 3

• Board Moderator

Base Model at $32k and the Speed key for $1250 is still a hell of a deal.

Is there that much HP hidden in their CPU configuration? The change is from 220HP to 300HP right? Where else can you unlock 80HP without any mechanical modifications or extra parts bought or labor?

Unless you HAD to have the bells and whistles, the same great deal (pretty damn close) is available today, that was offered 3 years ago.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 1:15 PM, Dunegod said:

I’ll jump in. Master #1685 and it’s an El Diablo. I haven’t been able to find out if it is in the first production run of Diablos or not. 

Damn Brada, you got it a few hundred before me (El Jefe 1950).  Gonna be at least 2 in our circle and from what Im hearing possibly 2 more!    gonna be like the old Wildcat days with a camp full of them LMAO!

2 hours ago, JBL said:

Damn Brada, you got it a few hundred before me (El Jefe 1950).  Gonna be at least 2 in our circle and from what Im hearing possibly 2 more!    gonna be like the old Wildcat days with a camp full of them LMAO!

Can’t wait !!

On 6/26/2022 at 10:00 PM, NIKAL said:

Hope your friend does not get mad at you for calling him stupid, and costing him thousands of dollars if he still wants to buy one. Because he’s not going to get one for the price he could have. 

He is not mad mite cost more but will get a better car in the ling run. Besides look how many people have sold of their deposits because they dont know when or if they will get a car. Im willing to bet they dont deliver as they say their gonna. If companys like polaris and can am cant deliver cars what makes them think they can. I still think will be a great car they just need time and with how long their taken i can make more with the deposit money than the car is gonna go up

1 hour ago, CampfiresNbrews said:

Looks like we will have a show tomorrow night. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfZXNBDJ6i1/?hl=en

More parts to show off.  

• Like 1

Well looks like RG did not have enough money to get good Wi-Fi in China.  lol!

No show tonight.  

I was looking forward to seeing a huuuge pile of parts.    

• Like 1

For a while I’ve convinced myself that I don’t need 35s then Robby shows us 35s and I got the craving again damn it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Board Moderator
11 hours ago, Sand Shark said:

Well looks like RG did not have enough money to get good Wi-Fi in China.  lol!

No show tonight.  

I was looking forward to seeing a huuuge pile of parts.    

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why is RG still in China?

Are there issues that he needs to resolve?

11 minutes ago, FOG said:

Robby & team are there because there is tens of thousands of parts being made and he and the engineering team are inspecting, testing and more inspecting of every part they can. They have been assembling engines, putting them in cars and then tearing them apart. They are randomly grabbing a trans or dif from the assembly area and tearing it apart. They are testing Rockwell and tolerances. They were actually putting parts in a test car and testing it on the facility track. I’m sure they have found little issues, and being on site means they fix them right infront of him. 

Not sure why they did not have the show last night? But today they were spending the day at another factory that was producing the parts for the shocks. Robby said they have hundreds of shocks to go through to make sure they meet Speed standards. 

I think last week a engineer from a Korean factory met up with them in China to inspect and work through the parts they are supplying Speed. 

Robby and crew are checking each part they can. If you have not figured out, Robby is the most hands on person you will ever meet. His saying is he only works half days. That’s 12 of 24 hours a day 6 days a week minimum. He never expects his employees to work harder them him. But he expects you to keep up. Not a life for me and why when offered a job with RGM many, many years ago I did not accept. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, FOG said:

Because if he wasn't in China you would be asking why is he NOT in China doing QC.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

I love the fact that he’s trying to make the cars as perfect as he reasonably can. Like adding some baffles on site after watching how the sxsblog guys ruined their pro r after doing many donuts or cyclones. I’ll never do that but some love it I guess? Or last minute changes to try and quiet the transmission noises.

Robby is a different kind of beast. He’s passionate about his job. He loves to work and get dirty. I remember seeing him at last years sand show and he was all hands. Rolling cars in stacking tires setting up some last minute stuff and talking to the crowds. I wanted to help cause that’s the type of guy I am when I see someone working. But he said he had it. My impression form seeing it all was nothing but respect. I can’t image seeing CEO’s of other  Mfg’s doing all that. So for him to be in Asia hands on at least for the start up is absolutely fine and impressive for me. Get it right RG!!

• Like 5

• Forum Moderator

I like what he’s doing and he’s definitely hands on.  What’s sad is when something breaks everyone will jump on him for not working hard enough to prevent it. 

New Speed UTV accessory package. 

380925BD-AD02-4BD6-93D3-DB44850BE2FE.thumb.jpeg.2c8d110053af20cf1487e7708d6cc3e6.jpeg

Cool accessory, but a bit pricier then I would have guessed. I would have thought this would have been around $800? 

Am I wrong and do you think $1300 is fairly priced for front & rear cameras, belt temp and tire pressure monitors? 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Latest live from Todd  3500-4000 cars by end of year  🤞🏽And some by Sand show  

Part 1 and 2

Edited by CampfiresNbrews
  • Like 1