6 minutes ago, Weekend camper said:

That makes sense I never heard of a mounting bracket standard for all off-road lights

I am not sure if RG was only talking about the bumper tabs or if it was the cage too.  I guess the cage must come with tabs from the factory.   

10 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

I am not sure if RG was only talking about the bumper tabs or if it was the cage too.  I guess the cage must come with tabs from the factory.   

I'm pretty sure the winch is the same way buy a RG winch and it will Bolt right in by somebody else's and do a little fabricating

Posted (edited)

@Sand Shark I think you might be the most excited of us all to see this thing come to life!!  😜Just get in line already and order one, you know it’s killing you.  Here’s a few more shots of production parts. #theroadto200pages

DCC456B5-AB55-4245-98E7-B6D1079666FA.jpeg

6A6BE3AB-CDE8-487C-BAF6-03BCC7DD9A88.jpeg

1AEE1704-7695-4BA7-AE9F-445AA6B699EC.jpeg

Edited by CampfiresNbrews
  • Haha 1

That posting reminded me of the steering chatter issue RG had spoken about. Was there a resolution?

9 hours ago, CampfiresNbrews said:

@Sand Shark I think you might be the most excited of us all to see this thing come to life!!  😜Just get in line already and order one, you know it’s killing you.  Here’s a few more shots of production parts. #theroadto200pages

Lame! This is a Kung Flu junk clutch! All new parts are shiney! Build the dam car already!

• Site Sponsor
On 5/6/2021 at 11:53 AM, Kat-A-Tonic said:

Which lights are you talking about?  The head lights, or the light bars?  I would rather have no lights, than chineesium crap.

Light bar, mirror lights, chase bar. :ez:

On 5/6/2021 at 9:13 PM, CampfiresNbrews said:

Those are some shiny parts.   Now those parts need a home in an actual production car that is going to a customer.  Has any of the 20 pre-production cars rolled off the assembly line yet?

Sand Shark, the luster is gone! Or all the Speed lovers are at Robby & Todds wedding.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, buff said:

Sand Shark, the luster is gone! Or all the Speed lovers are at Robby & Todds wedding.

I think you are right.  I was hoping for 200 pages, but 20 at this point would be a miracle.  LOL!

Speed had to reduce cost of this clutch due to the increase in metal costs. They added a few breakable parts, can anyone guess what parts? This car will end up being nothing like the test vehicle, with the rising costs they have made many value engineering changes to keep there cost down. The sad part they don't report all this info in there videos.They just talk about how proud there are. I am a fan of the good, bad and the ugly. We get none of that from Speed!

52 minutes ago, buff said:

Speed had to reduce cost of this clutch due to the increase in metal costs. They added a few breakable parts, can anyone guess what parts? This car will end up being nothing like the test vehicle, with the rising costs they have made many value engineering changes to keep there cost down. The sad part they don't report all this info in there videos.They just talk about how proud there are. I am a fan of the good, bad and the ugly. We get none of that from Speed!

And your source is? 

1 minute ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

Why do you say that?

I just dont believe they will ever be produced. But for the sake of everyone that has spent money on them, I hope they do!!

Just now, Snap-On Chris said:

I just dont believe they will ever be produced. But for the sake of everyone that has spent money on them, I hope they do!!

It looks like they're on the verge of final testing. They'll start testing 10 production vehicles this month and will probably start production in July or August. They could easily have the first 400 of these delivered in 10 days of production at 40 per day. 

What makes you think they won't ever be produced? Is it some sort of Ponzi scheme?

• Haha 1

Hate to say this but buff might be right about the first set of clutches. BUT if you pay attention to the video @Banshee2001 posted, this is now their second clutch kit forged and fully machined that they’re going to send back to TAPP for analysis. 

Still don’t understand all the hate from buff maybe he wasn’t invited to the wedding? Oh well. #roadto200

6 hours ago, CampfiresNbrews said:

Hate to say this but buff might be right about the first set of clutches. BUT if you pay attention to the video @Banshee2001 posted, this is now their second clutch kit forged and fully machined that they’re going to send back to TAPP for analysis. 

Still don’t understand all the hate from buff maybe he wasn’t invited to the wedding? Oh well. #roadto200

I am just trying to share what I know....I am really disappointed in Speed, but honestly with everything going on in the macro economy I am not sure they have a choice but to find the cheapest Chinese part/manufacturers available. This new enviroment will be tough on all the manufacturers, let alone a start up. I believe there holding you tube videos to update customers. Why are they not disclosing none of the challenges/changes? I do hope all you guys get your car and it of good quality. 

14 hours ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

It looks like they're on the verge of final testing. They'll start testing 10 production vehicles this month and will probably start production in July or August. They could easily have the first 400 of these delivered in 10 days of production at 40 per day. 

What makes you think they won't ever be produced? Is it some sort of Ponzi scheme?

From what I have seen testing was maybe 2,000 miles on the pre-production car.   Not sure how much more testing they plan on doing with the other 10 or so pre-production cars they are rolling off the assembly line in the next few weeks.   

I hope they have the final CARB certification done as that could slow production down.  I believe they still have to pass the roll test.  If they actually start production on customers cars in July or August I will be very impressed. 

I sure hope we some Speed UTVs in Glamis next season. 

The shortage in raw materials is going to hurt them. Everything from the resin to make the plastics to the steel and aluminum to make hard parts, We won't even talk about if they need anything with a computer chip, Is in short supply and what is out there is costing a lot more.  He is going to have a difficult time getting the car promised for the price promised with commodities jumping 30-60% sense January.  Either the customer will pay, they will delay the release or they will have to find cheaper options. These are hard facts of life right now, so what he does should be interestingly entertaining to say the least.  

• Like 4

What was the original date you guys expected to get your cars?  Sounds like next season is in jeopardy.

Just now, SLIM said:

What was the original date you guys expected to get your cars?  Sounds like next season is in jeopardy.

It's not just them, It's going to trickle into all of the Side by Sides. Try getting a new one right now. They are asking a premium and the supply is limited.  Some spare parts are becoming difficult to find.

Hell I have a Side by Side for sale by owner on Craigslist and I have gotten calls / Offers from more Ride Now Dealerships than anything else.  Tells me something is up and they know something if they are trying to buy up used inventory.  

30 minutes ago, MWB said:

It's not just them, It's going to trickle into all of the Side by Sides. Try getting a new one right now. They are asking a premium and the supply is limited.  Some spare parts are becoming difficult to find.

Hell I have a Side by Side for sale by owner on Craigslist and I have gotten calls / Offers from more Ride Now Dealerships than anything else.  Tells me something is up and they know something if they are trying to buy up used inventory.  

I am flipping Harley's to my local dealer. I had a bike listed last month and the dealer called me. They can't get used bikes fast enough. I've sold 4 already and have 3 in my garage currently. This shortage is impacting all forms of recreation and the markets are insane.  

• Like 1