WaPaWeKkA

Rv Do's And Don't

So how is parking on wood any better for your tires than concrete or asphalt?

So how is parking on wood any better for your tires than concrete or asphalt?

I was going to ask the same question. I had a set of Chines Goodyear tires last maybe 5-6 years before they came apart parked on asphalt and concrete. I don't think there is anything you can do to get trailer tires (ST) to stay together for more then 5-6 years. I believe they are designed to fall apart. If they didn't they would last almost the life of the trailer with the little bit of mileage they see. Look at classic cars that are forty years old sitting on original tires. I had a ST tire on the spear tire carrier blow out. It looked like it was running on the ground at 80 mph when it came apart. All it ever did was spend 3 years sitting on the spear tire carrier inflated with it exploded.

Had a Goodyear Marathon (Chines, as if they make tires here) that never hit the ground, looked like new, was the replacement to the other exploding spear It was 5-6 years old when i tried to run it. It blew out after 200 miles and did several hundred dollars worth of damage to my 5th wheel.

I'm going with LT's from now on.

Edited by SANDPSYCHO

Concrete will literally suck the moisture outta the tires is what I've been told, same with storing metal fuel containers on concrete.

Ever sat your ass on concrete for 30/45 min before and get up and see a wet spot??

100% agree trailer tires don't last for shit but every little bit helps when you gotta replace tires every few years and there's plenty of tread but the tires are cracking from drying out... Just sayin

Edited by HDGasser