Sign in to follow this  
dunerdude781

Fox Shocks Problem On 4 Seater Rhino Help Me Plz

I have a 4 seater rhino that i just bought it has 2.0 remote resevoir shocks in the front and the back with coil overs. the coils are a little more then 50% stiff. and it saggs and bottoms out all the time. When I put 4 ppl in it it saggs ridicoulously low and bottoms out. and when i only have 2 ppl in the front it bottoms out sometimes too. i put 200lbs of nitrogen in them and still no help. Any suggestions??

Edited by dunerdude781

What spring rates do you have?

What spring rates do you have?

there elbach 176610 and then the other number on them is

I had the same shocks and I added 450lbs springs and it took care of all those problems. I sold the shocks to my friend but we put the stock rated spring back in his ride, so we still have those the 450lbs springs. Let me know if you are interested you can have them for $125.00 and they are powter coated blue.

Edited by Qwkrhino

They are real simple to put on. And you only will need 2 of them, you will only wanna do the rear's...

I have a 4 seater rhino that i just bought it has 2.0 remote resevoir shocks in the front and the back with coil overs. the coils are a little more then 50% stiff. and it saggs and bottoms out all the time. When I put 4 ppl in it it saggs ridicoulously low and bottoms out. and when i only have 2 ppl in the front it bottoms out sometimes too. i put 200lbs of nitrogen in them and still no help. Any suggestions??

These are stock replacement fox shocks right? If they are I have the springs you need.

i think im just going to purchase them online thanx for your help and do you think its weird that the previous owner has 400lb springs in the front and 250lbs in the back?? mabe he switched them on accident??

i think im just going to purchase them online thanx for your help and do you think its weird that the previous owner has 400lb springs in the front and 250lbs in the back?? mabe he switched them on accident??

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I think you got it!

so you think i should try and swith them or just buy more 400lbs for the back? cuz i thought they might have had the 400's in the front for jumping or something.

See how it does, you may need 450's in the back for a 4 seater, but drive it and see. It will be night and day difference with the 400's outta the front and where they are supposed to be. :D

what tools wil i need to take he springs off like imnot worried about the wrenches. but what will i need to stiffen th coils? cuz i dont think i will be able to stiffen them by hand.

You will need a spanner wrench. But you should be able to just swap the front shocks to the back with just a 14mm and a 17mm wrench. Wow once you do that it should ride wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

Edited by Qwkrhino

You will need a spanner wrench. But you should be able to just swap the front shocks to the back with just a 14mm and a 17mm wrench. Wow once you do that it should ride wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

Front to rear shocks are different. The rears have a longer bottom shaft of the shock to clear the axles...

Bilstiens get away with it because they run the rears upside down i believe?

That must have been one hell of a weird ride!

hey i got bad new you guys. i switched the shocks. now with 400's in the rear and still a little better

but still will bottom out. mabe i just need to tighten the springs down more? anyoneknow the best way to do that?