monday night steak night.

Brian Machnach

how many of y'all duners have pealed out of the dunes and shot down rt78 to the little hole in the wall restaurant I believe called the (alamaro)?you walk in pick your steak go over to the seasoning table to dress it up  then its out back to throw it on the grill.have a bar inside.i have been a few times if I fly out on a Tuesday.havent been there in 2 years.is it still open and who knows anything about it.we have nothing like that back here in New Jersey.there is no way n hell the state of NJ would allow something like that.big wide open flame in the wide open....insurance also would be hard to get on the place.

also any info on the inferno in holtsville? never been there but have herd its not bad.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Poule43 said:

That place is THE BOMB!!!!!  It is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

F8C6925B-39B6-45F9-8FC6-F74FFA1CAD22.jpeg

FA330051-4465-43D5-8EE7-BECC0D6325A1.jpeg

435B0D92-1161-4038-ADDB-B24066BA1C04.jpeg

42B31CE4-6ED6-4D48-959C-F706E33ECE37.jpeg

83539E4E-1990-4EE3-B450-4F658F7006A6.jpeg

8EB96BB3-FA39-4611-A553-FA91F8D8D36F.jpeg

gotta watch them tooth picks as thay burn off and go missing in the meat.you wind up finding them the hard way sometimes on that first bits..lol.

on a side note you post all those pictures....AND not one of the cute skinny bar tender in them tite jeans and belly shirt leaning over the bar serving all those drinks?..lol

From google looks like the Alamorio Store? Little stand alone building on the side of the 78 between the 111 and 115? 

If so I've driven right past how many times and never even noticed it. Looks amazing, definitely gonna have to stop there. 

10 minutes ago, CampfiresNbrews said:

I’ve heard of it, never been always wanted to go. Looks BOMB!! What’s the actual name of the spot? Great pics @Poule43

believe its called the alamaro.thay do rib night and chicken night on other days of the week but monday is steak night.gotta get there early as once the butcher cuts the hole slab and its been given out that's it.and its only open for like 3 or 4 hours for dinner.meat is gone hes already cleaning the kitchen as the rest is all self serve out of the kitchen.small place all local farmers.then you can tell the dunes..just farmers and dunes

• Like 1

Worst thing we can do is avertise this place on social media. 

With that being said, its amazing how may people have been going for years and never knew about it.. Lets keep it that way!!!

The meat is awesome

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Snap-On Chris said:

Worst thing we can do is avertise this place on social media. 

With that being said, its amazing how may people have been going for years and never knew about it.. Lets keep it that way!!!

The meat is awesome

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I could  not agree more..I myself do not even have instagram or Facebook so its not going any father then here from me.i don't get caught up in all that.head down like a zombi on the couch at night tuned into phone.this is really the only site I play around on.i just have not been there in 2 years and with dune season like 6 weeks any just wanted to throw it out there and im shocked how hush hush it really is.

No offense guys, but that looks like your basic Choice supermarket steak. Almost no marbling and a giant piece of fat that should of been trimmed. And toothpicks? These are some steaks I've made lately. A ribeye and a porterhouse with some proper marbling. 

20210508_193457.jpg

20210508_195642.jpg

20210123_184715.jpg

20210123_185236.jpg

20210123_190500.jpg

Edited by Surf and Dune
  • Like 5

58 minutes ago, South Bay said:

What's with the tooth pics ? ?

you cook your own steak at steak night. people use toothpicks to try and remember which one is theirs.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, South Bay said:

What's with the tooth pics ? ?

like others have said you use then to remember your steak.some people make it look like a pin cushion.you can be standing at this giant 3'x6' open table with fire under it and 20 steaks cooking and people drinking and talking then you go to flip you steak and there is 5 more steaks next to yours .i did it once with tooth picks on the side and one burnt off and I cut into it.but I have seen my Buddys bite into the tooth pic.i don't do the tooth pic think no more.used to make it a point to go there but 2019 we left on Sunday nights out of phoneix or gone first thing monday morning to fly out of phoneix  then with covid we skipped the hole year...so im do for sum monday night steaks.ill be there monday nov 1st as I fly back hone Tuesday this time.

Edited by Brian Machnach

• Site Sponsor
46 minutes ago, Brian Machnach said:

... fly out of phoneix...

5 minutes ago, Brian Machnach said:

chit it looks like it it did..lol.i just fixed it

Oh? 

Third time is the charm.  LOL..

9 hours ago, Surf and Dune said:

No offense guys, but that looks like your basic Choice supermarket steak. Almost no marbling and a giant piece of fat that should of been trimmed. And toothpicks? These are some steaks I've made lately. A ribeye and a porterhouse with some proper marbling. 

What a pud post.  Someone brings up a "Hole in the wall" he thinks is cool, close to the dunes, locals only, one-of-kind type place. 

So you have to spam about your expensive meat and gay way of cooking.  You must be a blast at parties.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Bansh88 said:

What a pud post.  Someone brings up a "Hole in the wall" he thinks is cool, close to the dunes, locals only, one-of-kind type place. 

So you have to spam about your expensive meat and gay way of cooking.  You must be a blast at parties.  

Actually I am a blast at parties since I'm the one that usually BBQs the steaks, and I'm pretty damn good at it. That does look like a cool place, just saying that particular cut was choice at best. As far as gay way of cooking, I'm not even going to go there. If you look at those steaks, and gay chit pops into your head, then rock on brother. You're on a totally different vibe that I am. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

12 hours ago, Surf and Dune said:

AGREED 100%....... You should not go there. Head home on Sundays and let the rest of us rednecks enjoy what you know is inferior. You certainly look like you have the steak department handled on your end soo leaving the scraps to us common folk would be the best thing to do. 

The syphisticado culinary artwork you create looks awesome....I mean, the presentation in itself makes any fellow culinary savant sear with appreciation of the man bun style atmosphere......I'd hate to see you dummy it down with toothpicks and draft beer and flanel shirts. :cheers: 

:poule:

Edited by Poule43
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Poule43 said:

AGREED 100%....... You should not go there. Head home on Sundays and let the rest of us rednecks enjoy what you know is inferior. You certainly look like you have the steak department handled on your end soo leaving the scraps to us common folk would be the best thing to do. 

The syphisticado culinary artwork you create looks awesome....I mean, the presentation in itself makes any fellow culinary savant sear with appreciation of the man bun style atmosphere......I'd hate to see you dummy it down with toothpicks and draft beer and flanel shirts. :cheers: 

:poule:

Sorry guys, I forgot its 2021. Sometimes I forget we have to think about other peoples feelings first. While I must admit, I do miss the days when men could talk a little smack, (or just be honest) without worrying about offending anyone's feelings. This is in fact a site dedicated to a sport that even though is based in California, and was traditionally geared toward men that had a thick skin, it like everything else needs to adapt to todays atmosphere. Yesterdays election results prove that. Again, I apologize. Its high time I accept the fact that to some "men", a blood red Porterhouse loaded with garlic, backed potato, wedge salad, and washed down with a couple Modelos, bring gay thoughts and man buns. Especially to guys that idolize other men that wear makeup.  While I will never subscribe to that way of thinking, I'll do my best not to offend those that have grown a little sensitive in their old age. 

• Haha 3