monday night steak night.

Brian Machnach

36 minutes ago, aceisback said:

Everybody got jokes! For Christ’s sake, I would jab a fork into any of that meat pictured and be damn appreciative. I ain’t too uppity to go Choice.

Haha! I'd eat it too! A hole in the wall in the desert, steak, beer and ish talking. What more could you ask for? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Surf and Dune said:

Sorry guys, I forgot its 2021. Sometimes I forget we have to think about other peoples feelings first. While I must admit, I do miss the days when men could talk a little smack, (or just be honest) without worrying about offending anyone's feelings. This is in fact a site dedicated to a sport that even though is based in California, and was traditionally geared toward men that had a thick skin, it like everything else needs to adapt to todays atmosphere. Yesterdays election results prove that. Again, I apologize. Its high time I accept the fact that to some "men", a blood red Porterhouse loaded with garlic, backed potato, wedge salad, and washed down with a couple Modelos, bring gay thoughts and man buns. Especially to guys that idolize other men that wear makeup.  While I will never subscribe to that way of thinking, I'll do my best not to offend those that have grown a little sensitive in their old age. 

No offense taken........At All............The common folk were just talking about a destination when you go to the dunes and saying it was a fun night out. Not sure if you have been to the Glamis / Brawley area but there are limited things to do......This place is a fun thing to do. Its like going to Boardmanville and eating some bar food at the bar and some ........... "patron" like yourself starts talking about the goat cheese pizza he made in his new backyard pizza oven while scrolling thru his new Iphone 15 with pictures of the culinary delights soo everyone can see  and the stuff you are eating at the bar is Supermarket crap............I 100% understand.... I really do.

Please do not confuse someone "responding" with heartfelt advise about you staying home WITH someone who is thin skined.....ALL good here........I was actualy looking out for you soo you wouldn't need to dream of the finer things while sliumming it with a bunch of us non safisicados who dont know the difference. THAT is what gd.com is......duners looking out for other duners.....see.....I was looking out for you........My man bun comment was NEVER to offend but only describe an atmosphere where you would be comfortable........... If man buns offend you I apoligize.

As far as worshiping men with make up please know Alice Cooper, Posion, Green Day, Queen, OZZY, Bob Dylan, Peter Gabriel are all bands with guys who wear make up that I happen to listen to. Its OK if you don't like that.....The world is your oyster....... "Life is your Garden......GO DIG IT !"

Sincerely

A 100% non offended Simple thick skinned smartazz Bald White Guy who LOVES Steak with toothpicks in Brawley on Monday Nights

:poule:

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!!!!!!!

Edited by Poule43
  • Haha 2

On 9/15/2021 at 7:29 AM, Surf and Dune said:

No offense guys, but that looks like your basic Choice supermarket steak. Almost no marbling and a giant piece of fat that should of been trimmed. And toothpicks? These are some steaks I've made lately. A ribeye and a porterhouse with some proper marbling. 

If you don't know, then you don't know... and that's fine.  I don't care what it looks like in a pic on the internet, I care what it's like when I have one there.  And they're amazing.  The atmosphere and whole experience is just a blast too.  I sort of agree with the not publicizing it thing, but that ship has now sailed with this thread.  I first went years and years ago with RippinRick.  I remember thinking "why the effe would I deal with driving out there to cook my own steak when I can do that at camp????"   I was wrong.  If you spend a LOT of time in G, and I mean a LOT (of course, never more than 14 days in any contiguous 30) you look for fun stuff like this to do on the weekdays when most of your group goes home.  If you've ever done a 90-120+ day season in G, you get it... and if you haven't, you don't.  I think it's pretty clear in this thread who has, and who hasn't. 

-TJ

Edited by tjZ06

• Board Moderator

Cool looking place, never knew.

"On the list".

Bunch of temperamental meat gazing going on in here :hah:

:lmao:

36 minutes ago, tjZ06 said:

If you don't know, then you don't know... and that's fine.  I don't care what it looks like in a pic on the internet, I care what it's like when I have one there.  And they're amazing.  The atmosphere and whole experience is just a blast too.  I sort of agree with the not publicizing it thing, but that ship has now sailed with this thread.  I first went years and years ago with RippinRick.  I remember thinking "why the effe would I deal with driving out there to cook my own steak when I can do that at camp????"   I was wrong.  If you spend a LOT of time in G, and I mean a LOT (of course, never more than 14 days in any contiguous 30) you look for fun stuff like this to do on the weekdays when most of your group goes home.  If you've ever done a 90-120+ day season in G, you get it... and if you haven't, you don't.  I think it's pretty clear in this thread who has, and who hasn't. 

-TJ

this thread aint got nothin on all the IG posts that were made about it last season and the season before.

• Haha 1

OMFG. Looks too good to be true.  This is a dream restaurant, seriously! (Yeah, I'm fat) I'm telling no one, but thanks for telling me. Damn, I hate towing at night, need airbags!

Edited by Smokeat

18 minutes ago, Kevin said:

this thread aint got nothin on all the IG posts that were made about it last season and the season before.

True, true.

-TJ

• Like 1

• Board Moderator
39 minutes ago, Kevin said:

21 minutes ago, tjZ06 said:

True, true.

-TJ

You know yore old :ex: when yore preferred Social Media platform is no longer the source of the latest, greatest or gossipy, most drama filled type postings. :sad:

McDonald's serves millions, but some prefer slow cooked steak   :js: .....everyone slums sometimes, is it McRib season yet?

:add:

13 hours ago, Surf and Dune said:

Haha! I'd eat it too! A hole in the wall in the desert, steak, beer and ish talking. What more could you ask for? 

Grey Poupon in your Rolls Royce?

3 hours ago, Poule43 said:

No offense taken........At All............The common folk were just talking about a destination when you go to the dunes and saying it was a fun night out. Not sure if you have been to the Glamis / Brawley area but there are limited things to do......This place is a fun thing to do. Its like going to Boardmanville and eating some bar food at the bar and some ........... "patron" like yourself starts talking about the goat cheese pizza he made in his new backyard pizza oven while scrolling thru his new Iphone 15 with pictures of the culinary delights soo everyone can see  and the stuff you are eating at the bar is Supermarket crap............I 100% understand.... I really do.

Please do not confuse someone "responding" with heartfelt advise about you staying home WITH someone who is thin skined.....ALL good here........I was actualy looking out for you soo you wouldn't need to dream of the finer things while sliumming it with a bunch of us non safisicados who dont know the difference. THAT is what gd.com is......duners looking out for other duners.....see.....I was looking out for you........My man bun comment was NEVER to offend but only describe an atmosphere where you would be comfortable........... If man buns offend you I apoligize.

As far as worshiping men with make up please know Alice Cooper, Posion, Green Day, Queen, OZZY, Bob Dylan, Peter Gabriel are all bands with guys who wear make up that I happen to listen to. Its OK if you don't like that.....The world is your oyster....... "Life is your Garden......GO DIG IT !"

Sincerely

A 100% non offended Simple thick skinned smartazz Bald White Guy who LOVES Steak with toothpicks in Brawley on Monday Nights

LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!!!!!!!

sandviper11003.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Surf and Dune said:

sandviper11003.jpg

Congrats on your new ride! :smilie_flagge13: I saw at the sand sports super show you can get an optional CA street legal kit for it. You could then drive it to all the hotspots that the typical guys can't access with green stickers.

Looks like you are gonna have some fun this season......Maybe lose the sporty roof fin and order up a surf board rack soo you can SURF and Dune All in the same vehicle.

NICE!!!!

:cheers:

If your idea of some serious gourmet chit is at a place outside Brawley that hands you a raw steak on a paper plate then expects you to grill it yourself needs some culinary help.

If you want to head to a hole in the wall near the dunes and grill up a steak and not have to clean dishes, this might interest you.

If you cook or order a steak well done your opinion is moot and you need to stick with fine dinning experiences where you scream into a clowns face while ordering. 

• Like 1