RV Quiters……. Already?

RK Racing

I think once the newbies find out how much work and expense is involved in owning an RV the romance is quick to fade.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, ehall said:

I think once the newbies find out how much work and expense is involved in owning an RV the romance is quick to fade.

1,000,000% agreed.

I am guessing it is combo.   1)Not liking the work involved in getting ready for trips and the work involved in owning a RV; 2) the fact many employers have asked their workers to return to the office; and 3) many can get what they paid for them a year ago and walk away with not big financial loss. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

I am guessing it is combo.   1)Not liking the work involved in getting ready for trips and the work involved in owning a RV; 2) the fact many employers have asked their workers to return to the office; and 3) many can get what they paid for them a year ago and walk away with not big financial loss. 

I could see many new rookie RV’ers quitting after the first tire blows and Jack’s up everything  on their new trailer.

3 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

I could see many new rookie RV’ers quitting after the first tire blows and Jack’s up everything  on their new trailer.

That pisses off seasoned RVers.  LOL!

Another factor is kids sports are in full effect.  So many families that had all that free time no longer have that time.  They see an RV sitting in the driveway or paying storage every month for it to sit with no immediate plans to use it. 

• Like 1

My buddy works at a campground.  It was booked almost 100%, 7 days a week last summer.  This summer has almost got back to normal.  30% during the weekdays.

Looks like it's time to start looking for that rig you've been dreaming about... I'd give it about 6 - 12 months and the market will be FLOODED with RV's for sale... cheap[er]

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

Or the first time things don’t go as planned when dumping the sh!tter. 

• Haha 4

This is great news to all who have been doing the rv life style for some time. The new group just didn't fit in well.

I would be scared of there units after watching them use them. Watched one kid hook the city water hose to the flush inlet. It flushed it ok, water flowing out the doors.

4 hours ago, Bansh88 said:

My buddy works at a campground.  It was booked almost 100%, 7 days a week last summer.  This summer has almost got back to normal.  30% during the weekdays.

Bout time lol glad to hear something is getting better. Thanx for the update 

3 hours ago, Journeyman said:

Looks like it's time to start looking for that rig you've been dreaming about... I'd give it about 6 - 12 months and the market will be FLOODED with RV's for sale... cheap[er]

Man I hope so…. Waiting on that full body painted DP 

They saw a TV show where a family finds the perfect RV and looks so happy.  That starts a people dream of owning an RV. Driving across country seeing the sights with their mate and wonderful offspring, working form a National Parks spending every waking moment in 280 square feet.  

Then they did it and after the first time they got to a National Park with there crappy kids and their mate who hasn't to get more than 30 feet away in five days and said this may not be what they advertised on that show that looked so happy.......

The final straw was when the got to that one campground when they had..........

To back the RV in.

Now the RV is for sale divorce papers have been filed and the fight of who actually has to keep the kids has started.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, MWB said:

They saw a TV show where a family finds the perfect RV and looks so happy.  That starts a people dream of owning an RV. Driving across country seeing the sights with their mate and wonderful offspring, working form a National Parks spending every waking moment in 280 square feet.  

Then they did it and after the first time they got to a National Park with there crappy kids and their mate who hasn't to get more than 30 feet away in five days and said this may not be what they advertised on that show that looked so happy.......

To back the RV in.

Now the RV is for sale divorce papers have been filed and the fight of who actually has to keep the kids has started.

Just the backing up a trailer or RV is grounds for divorce.   My favorite thing is to get to a campground a day before the crowds get there and on the day they arrive just park my chair in front of my RV and watch the fireworks of couples trying to get into their RV space.   Only thing that is comparable is the husband/boyfriend yelling at the boat ramp as they expect some miracle back up job from their mate that has never done it before. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MWB said:

To back the RV in.

To add insult to injury, fast forward a week after they get home when the Mr. went to dump the holding tank and the sh!t shoot and stinky slinky got clogged with non-RV TP and feminine products.  Now the wife has gone missing and the husband went to his parents' house and lawyered up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Sand Shark said:

Just the backing up a trailer or RV is grounds for divorce.   My favorite thing is to get to a campground a day before the crowds get there and on the day they arrive just park my chair in front of my RV and watch the fireworks of couples trying to get into their RV space.   Only thing that is comparable is the husband/boyfriend yelling at the boat ramp as they expect some miracle back up job from their mate that has never done it before. 

When we first got the trailer my ex and I would arrive at the dunes and after two laps around camp of her telling me where I should park and where I shouldn't. She would just be pissed off the rest of the weekend because I didn't park exactly like she told me. Towards the end of the marriage I would pull up to the camp she would get out and walk to the fire and let me just park, same results. Just more relaxing for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, MWB said:

When we first got the trailer my ex and I would arrive at the dunes and after two laps around camp of her telling me where I should park and where I shouldn't. She would just be pissed off the rest of the weekend because I didn't park exactly like she told me. Towards the end of the marriage I would pull up to the camp she would get out and walk to the fire and let me just park, same results. Just more relaxing for me. 

Funny my wife likes to have the RV parked a certain way when we camp in Glamis.   Most of the time we are the first to arrive so it is pretty easy to accomplish.  If it does not happen she does not make a big deal about it.   

1 minute ago, Sand Shark said:

Funny my wife likes to have the RV parked a certain way when we camp in Glamis.   Most of the time we are the first to arrive so it is pretty easy to accomplish.  If it does not happen she does not make a big deal about it.   

Oh it had to be exactly like she wanted. The door must face Southeast or what she thought was southeast.  Teaching her ( rule #6 to a happy married life, never teach your wife anything) the directions on a compass was almost impossible. Trying to explain to her that just because the compass on the truck says southeast doesn't mean the door will be in the direction you want took an entire season. If I wasn't afraid of her just driving off without me I would of been the one who got out of the truck and let her park.

That was when she finally figured out if we get there first or second you get "that" spot.  If not the later you get there the worse spot you get. Without just parking backwards or in a second row, both not options in her mind.  That was also about the time she lost interest in going and I started enjoying the dunes again :lol: 

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Rockwood said:

To add insult to injury, fast forward a week after they get home when the Mr. went to dump the holding tank and the sh!t shoot and stinky slinky got clogged with non-RV TP and feminine products.  Now the wife has gone missing and the husband went to his parents' house and lawyered up.

Have the cops been leaking news to you before the media?