BeachHead

Can Anyone Beat A Funco?

Funcos are TOPs

post-3190-1222206736.jpg

sure they can be beat, just need for someone to step up to the plate and give it a try

I'll give it a shot when mine is done...

...and has a turbo kit installed.

So Rodger DeCoster could still beat most people riding a new bike of their choice on one of his antique RM370s, so whats the point? Its driver for the most part and a good portion of balls. :moof:

So Rodger DeCoster could still beat most people riding a new bike of their choice on one of his antique RM370s, so whats the point? Its driver for the most part and a good portion of balls. :moof:

I tend to agree that a great driver can make a mediocre car "quick", but on the other hand, a great car can make a mediocre driver fast. Put the great driver in a great car, and you can't touch 'em. I wish we knew someone who had pockets so deep that they could field 6 or so same exact cars that each driver would get to drive, like the IROC series....My bet is the top drivers would pretty much stay the same, and there would be some real surprising results from the rest of us...both good and bad.

So, is it the car, the driver, or both? And are YOU gonna be the one?

There are as many reason why the winners have won, as there are different winners.

But keep in mind, probably 80-90 % of those who race in any given EPO, are there just for fun and know they have no chance of winning. Only a small handful are actually racing seriously.

I could beat a funco with one of these....

Thor_Hammer_Costume.jpg

dont think the owner would be too pleased. then I'd really have to win a race against a funco :lol:

good cars, good divers all there is too it.

its the mustang vs camaro battle all over again.

I was wondering, were any of the winning Funco's V-8's? running against other V-8 cars? Maybe one of the Funco V-8 cars should give it try. I don't think a bigger V-8 car could run with the Funco with the Subi. Those damn little gnats zipping around the place..... :cheers:

Lots of factors,

Driver

Car

track set-up

Class of car

But looks like fun...and Funco is a good car.

Edited by Roaddog

a good car helps, but you have to have the balls to get the most out of the car at the same time to win.

There are as many reason why the winners have won, as there are different winners.

But keep in mind, probably 80-90 % of those who race in any given EPO, are there just for fun and know they have no chance of winning. Only a small handful are actually racing seriously.

:bs:

You get a bunch of GUYS that enter a RACE and you dont think they are trying to win? Especially if they can be THE ONE that ends the Funco streak. I dont buy it, but its a nice excuse to fall back on.

(No offence Mes Toy)

You get a bunch of GUYS that enter a RACE and you dont think they are trying to win? Especially if they can be THE ONE that ends the Funco streak. I dont buy it, but its a nice excuse to fall back on.

(No offence Mes Toy)

Yea, your right. Even the guy with the carburated 2275 VW standard travel car thinks he has a shot to dethrone the funcos...

Get real.

For most, its about fun. not competition.

I've seen most all the drivers, and I can attest that nearly all of them are there to win, and are about to give 100% when the flag drops. Don't show up to lose.

So,,,,,

Is it car or driver.. Starting to look alot like Driver.. hmmmmmm.

Which one

Grant, Chad, Gary, John ?

They've all won......

in Funcos

Hey hey, dont forget Tom Face :rtd:

If S/U could of gotten a driver who didn't overdrive there cars it would of been alot closer.

Larry, Kevin and I did not drive our cars to their limits...

Hats off to John with the win. He will be tough this season as he has a huge target on his back.

Dont lie...you just drive like a puzzy :Eff U:

Edited by CripKnievel

I'm sorry but this :bs: about fun and not there to win, and not pushing my car to the limits is 99.99% crap! When that adrenaline starts flowing I can all but guaraneffintee that these "men" are trying to win. Hell, some people try to win so bad they go head over heels :lol: So save the excuses and man up people. Fact is the dude has a bad azz car and is also a helluva driver. I can't beleive the excuses you guys come up with, sheesh :moof:

Where do they race so I can see em ? And when??

THX

i think an epo race on the same course they set up for the s.a. shoot out would be interesting......................

Yes, I agree, it would....

Anyone who finishes the course can win.

I've seen many a FAST car not even make it to the course!!!

the question is can anyone beat a Funco.... :blury:[/size]NO

enough said

i think an epo race on the same course they set up for the s.a. shoot out would be interesting......................

Or invite the cars used in the S. A. shoot out and their owners to see if it is the car or the driver? :hmm:

Edited by rippingtrends

(No offence Mes Toy)

:funny: def none taken.

Let me say something, when I get out there I'm in it to win. Yeah, I probably won't but making the top ten would ROCK! So am I driving to win? HELL YEAH I AM! Do I know there are better drivers and better cars out there racing? Yup. Do I care? Nope. On any given Sunday people...sometimes shait happens and I would love to make it happen! :mes:

I'm your Huckleberry!!!!!

:sha:

(No offence Mes Toy)

:funny: def none taken.

Let me say something, when I get out there I'm in it to win. Yeah, I probably won't but making the top ten would ROCK! So am I driving to win? HELL YEAH I AM! Do I know there are better drivers and better cars out there racing? Yup. Do I care? Nope. On any given Sunday people...sometimes shait happens and I would love to make it happen! :mes:

You go girl :igar: