BeachHead

Can Anyone Beat A Funco?

:funny: def none taken.

Let me say something, when I get out there I'm in it to win. Yeah, I probably won't but making the top ten would ROCK! So am I driving to win? HELL YEAH I AM! Do I know there are better drivers and better cars out there racing? Yup. Do I care? Nope. On any given Sunday people...sometimes shait happens and I would love to make it happen! :mes:

And that's my point exactly. Does each driver honestly feel they have a legit shot at winning? No. Are they going to give it their all anyway? maybe. But they are still limited by their car and their abilities...and their pocket book.

If you believe every driver honestly believes they have a legit shot at winning, your nuts. They may not admit it, but you know when you don't have a chance.

You go to win, I blew up my engine on the first EPO, first Driver, let it all hang out.

Funny thing about all those Funco's, all using technology from 2004, except maybe John's engine.

so to answer your question..................NO! :sha:

i think an epo race on the same course they set up for the s.a. shoot out would be interesting......................

I heard that funco did win the SA shootout. They must have built the course for Funcos. Crap, it happens everywhere.

Seems no one but the winners drive their cars to the limits..

Maybe this poster should read - "People who drive their cars to their limits".. :lol:

epo_screen.JPG

These drivers take it to the limit

Let me say something, when I get out there I'm in it to win. Yeah, I probably won't but making the top ten would ROCK! So am I driving to win? HELL YEAH I AM! Do I know there are better drivers and better cars out there racing? Yup. Do I care? Nope. On any given Sunday people...sometimes shait happens and I would love to make it happen! :mes:

And that's my point exactly. Does each driver honestly feel they have a legit shot at winning? No. Are they going to give it their all anyway? maybe. But they are still limited by their car and their abilities...and their pocket book.

If you believe every driver honestly believes they have a legit shot at winning, your nuts. They may not admit it, but you know when you don't have a chance.

And there you have it.. From the guy who can ruin a wet dream mid drift.

Thanks for your professional insight Tom. I heard the FUN police had a recruiting siminar next week. I hope you booked your seat early.. :rolleyes:

So what your saying is that when you finished 17th second to last, You knew you didn't have a chance and probaly didn't even try.....................You did what you accuse Junebug of doing on so many occasions, Well now I have a better idea of where you get your insight into racing.

So what your saying is that when you finished 17th second to last, You knew you didn't have a chance and probaly didn't even try.....................You did what you accuse Junebug of doing on so many occasions, Well now I have a better idea of where you get your insight into racing.

Are you talking to me? :dunno:

post-4441-1222386387_thumb.jpg

sometimes you gota sack up.....or end up with the fat chic.. Dude if your not there to win,stay home!!!!

sometimes you gota sack up.....or end up with the fat chic.. Dude if your not there to win,stay home!!!!

And this coming from the guy who went all out on the warm up lap.......You rock !!!! :rtd:

Correct me if I'm wrong but did'nt 9 out of the 10 funcos in the GNC get beat...... :td:

If you believe some magazine articles, there ought to be a new champ...Do you believe them? Is it you? Do you think you can beat a funco?

Funcos can be beat if you have the MEAT!!! :D

Now this is gettin good.

At the end of the day the proof is in the pudding.

Can Anyone beat a FUNCO ... Of Coarse , you never win them all .

But you damn well show up to win them all !!

i think an epo race on the same course they set up for the s.a. shoot out would be interesting......................

I heard that funco did win the SA shootout. They must have built the course for Funcos. Crap, it happens everywhere.

bad news sampler funco didnt. scu did. more bad news, eyeball scored higher marks in the dune category than funco. so i think it would be interesting to see an epo run on that course. so they must have not biult it for funcos. i think it would be interesting is all i am saying..............................

bad news sampler funco didnt. scu did. more bad news, eyeball scored higher marks in the dune category than funco. so i think it would be interesting to see an epo run on that course. so they must have not biult it for funcos. i think it would be interesting is all i am saying..............................

Sounds good to me , any coarse , anytime anywhere . As long as the playing field is even for everyone .... Lets Race !!!!

Here ya go.. I know the perfect solution..

Set up your own track and dont invite any funcos.. :funny: easy win!!!

Actually - any of you doubters - set up a track - Let me know the when and where -

Im challenging you folks that think the track is set up for funcos to DO IT..

Ill privide you all the cones and the people. Hell, Ill even provide you an invite list with only 5 funcos invited..

MAKE IT HAPPEN.. or like they all say - All talk, no GO..

FYI - this is on my own and has nothing to do with GD.com.. Insurance. permits, etc would be that reason..

GET IT DONE!!

wow what part of it would be interesting could be misconstrued to mean anything more than what i said???

sampler was incorrect and i pointed that out. ( funco did not win the sa shoot out) << dont blame me i had nothing to do with it

i didnt infer that a track was biased i infered that the course sa used would be interesting to run an epo on.<<<<Thats called an opinion

you guys are way to sensative somebody feed the oversensative fish....................................... :chum:

so quit circling your wagons im not going to play cowboys and indians with you guys.......................................... :sha:

wow what part of it would be interesting could be misconstrued to mean anything more than what i said???

sampler was incorrect and i pointed that out. ( funco did not win the sa shoot out) << dont blame me i had nothing to do with it

i didnt infer that a track was biased i infered that the course sa used would be interesting to run an epo on.<<<<Thats called an opinion

you guys are way to sensative somebody feed the oversensative fish....................................... :chum:

so quit circling your wagons im not going to play cowboys and indians with you guys.......................................... :sha:

You missed my point.. The EPO folks have heard day and night that the track was a funco track since the first race (tack was built before anyone was invited).. Pretty simple solution -

Someone find a track that isnt gonna favor funco. lets do this..

Peronally, I dont give an eff, but the results point to FUNCO. Add all the baby crys of Driver, HP, and track -

I employ ANYONE to build a tack in Glamis. I mean the true ULTIMATE SAND CAR CHALLENGE really should be held in the sand..

If you have the balls to do so - do it. if not, join the rest in the green room watching the monitors..

What is a 'Funco track'? A tight turning track? No long straightaways?

Well it seems no one wants to talk about when and where the EPO is, so people like myself arent going to become interested in something that seems to be some mystery anytime someone wants info on it.... secrets dont make friends ya know. The more people know about the EPO the more cars will want to compete and the more input you will get on this whole thing.......... Funcos will be dethroned quickly if you had more than just a few cars there... HINT HINT i have a certain sandlimo that would love to "punish" a few funcos

Well it seems no one wants to talk about when and where the EPO is, so people like myself arent going to become interested in something that seems to be some mystery anytime someone wants info on it.... secrets dont make friends ya know. The more people know about the EPO the more cars will want to compete and the more input you will get on this whole thing.......... Funcos will be dethroned quickly if you had more than just a few cars there... HINT HINT i have a certain sandlimo that would love to "punish" a few funcos

Are you effin new or what?? You think you have what it takes to run with the big dogs?? Sign your ass up then.. :D

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index....howtopic=150633

Oh, dont get mad at me.. My job is to find you folks outside the usuall crowd.. :D

Sounds good to me , any coarse , anytime anywhere . As long as the playing field is even for everyone .... Lets Race !!!!

The SA shootout was just the opinions of three people and no timing was involved as far as I know. It may be that other buggies might "feel" better to the drivers but has no bearing on a stopwatch. It would seem a longer course with more high speed whooped sections might favor other buggies like SCU or eyeball. Maybe a tighter course would favor a funco. Maybe a balanced course that has a little of everything so no one can argue that it was the course design that affected the outcome....epo course designer...are you listening? :D

As for any epo race, I don't know much about since it's an invite only deal. :rolleyes: It does appear that many other buggies participate other than funco. Could it be that the fast duners choose to own funcos? Is it a coincidence that those fast duners with funcos are invited?...who knows. Are there fast duners out there not driving funcos?....absolutely. Are those drivers invited to the epo?...who knows. Fast duners that I've duned with that don't drive funcos...for example Duneflyer, Josh@danzio, FlyinRyan. IMHO, they are all very fast duners and they don't have funcos. Have they been invited to the epo?...I don't know.

To say that buggy A or buggy B is the fastest because of an EPO or a SA shootout is premature...but I don't race, hence my board name. ;):lol:

Glamis - Can you do it?

Are you effin new or what?? You think you have what it takes to run with the big dogs?? Sign your ass up then.. :D

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index....howtopic=150633

Oh, dont get mad at me.. My job is to find you folks outside the usuall crowd.. :D

I think you've seen FlyinRyan's V8rail...huge monster with lots of HP! I know Big K and Crowdog back in the day was invited to represent and you know how that turned out. :bangin: I'm pretty sure Ryan would love to show up to an EPO...third times a charm, right. He doesn't post too often and is definitely outside the usual crowd, so I'm speaking for him. (I would nominate myself but I'm slow as hell and don't dune to win.) He swears his car is dialed and ready to rumble. He dunes mainly at Dumont but always said he'll make the trip to Glamis to run with the big dogs. Why don' the powers that be PM him and give him an invite. I personally would love to see a 4000lb, front engine buggy tear it up at an EPO. :rtd:

So I've been going to Glamis since 1978, and out of all the great sand car builders, have just found out Funco is the "Big Dog" of this fine sport? I think I just threw up a little!