BeachHead

Can Anyone Beat A Funco?

Funco still TOPs

Can they be beat? Yes. Will they be beat? Not likely. Chad can drive almost anything fast but in a Funco, he will be faster than anything out there at the EPO. Don't believe me? Call him out and see for yourself. And put him in any brand car and he will still kick @ss, but faster still in his Funco.

One thing I have noticed personally, if you try "too hard" you will be slower than if you just drive "steady." Every time I thought I was slow a drying paint, I had my fastest lap. When I thought I was flying... It was my slowest lap. And if you hit two or three cones... Forget about it. :D The Funco are fast because they can drive those cars with one foot mashed on the gas, while steering it with one hand on the wheel and one hand on the turning break... I have no idea what they do with the other foot but it's not on the break peddle. :lol: And until brand "X" can be driven like that, it will not be at the top of the EPO.

I've duned with all those George boys and I loved every second of it. They dune very fast, but they will tell you I was right there with them pushing them all the way. But I wasn't leading and that takes more effort and skill. Following someone, even going fast is easy. <(see monkey do monkey) Be leading fast takes years of experience, and the George boys have that in spades! If you ever get invited to go along on a rip run with those guys, take it!... You'll find out real quick if you are as fast as you "think" you are...

JMHO,

Zilla

:yay:

good luck

Good ole thread from 10 years ago.:igar:

17 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

Good ole thread from 10 years ago.:igar:

This halloween season has you bringing up the dead @onanysunday? lol

Ten years later I think the title should be changed to "Can Anyone Afford a New Funco?"  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Glamisduneripper said:

This halloween season has you bringing up the dead @onanysunday? lol

:pmphello:

Still ..........nope

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:58 PM, SANDPSYCHO said:

Ten years later I think the title should be changed to "Can Anyone Afford a New Funco?"  :lol: 

the good thing about a funco, is that the chassis has not changed below the dash so you are buying a 2005 car with 2019 pricing,

I dont think so and willing to bet on it.  min $500 bets....anyone??🤔

On 5/17/2019 at 9:30 PM, John@Outfront Mtrsprts said:

I dont think so and willing to bet on it.  min $500 bets....anyone??🤔

I dont think anyone will take this bet but if they do i am definitely going to watch.  Funco plus John driving is probably unbeatable

36 minutes ago, jordanhiggins2002 said:

I dont think anyone will take this bet but if they do i am definitely going to watch.  Funco plus John driving is probably unbeatable

Drivers who can challenge John are out there.  They are called ringers.  Would love to see a pro level driver hit the course in a well set up car and see how close John can make it.

2 minutes ago, MWB said:

Drivers who can challenge John are out there.  They are called ringers.  Would love to see a pro level driver hit the course in a well set up car and see how close John can make it.

Didn't Tony Stewart wreck one of Pratts cars in Gordon's?  Just saying......  :)

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:27 PM, J Alper said:

the good thing about a funco, is that the chassis has not changed below the dash so you are buying a 2005 car with 2019 pricing,

Thus the reason a Gen 3 and Gen 4 have not come down in price in nearly 8 years.

8 minutes ago, lincster said:

Didn't Tony Stewart wreck one of Pratts cars in Gordon's?  Just saying......  :)

Stewart on his first trip to the dunes got separated from the group and flat landed pretty hard.  You put a guy with the last mane of Biffle, Busch, Johnson, Baldwin, Ragland, or  Renezeder and the results will be different.

That would be awesome and an honor,  Who can set this up^^^^^?:point:

3 hours ago, MWB said:

Stewart on his first trip to the dunes got separated from the group and flat landed pretty hard.  You put a guy with the last mane of Biffle, Busch, Johnson, Baldwin, Ragland, or  Renezeder and the results will be different.

I don't think so. The dunes are different than an oval and unlimited budget.

28 minutes ago, Air450 said:

I don't think so. The dunes are different than an oval and unlimited budget.

:1cheff:

Again, if you really want to determine who the best driver is, you need to eliminate variations in vehicles and engines. They all need to be driving identical vehicles with identical engines and then we'd have a real ROC.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:46 AM, MWB said:

I’m in to see it😁

On 6/17/2019 at 7:40 PM, socaldmax said:

Again, if you really want to determine who the best driver is, you need to eliminate variations in vehicles and engines. They all need to be driving identical vehicles with identical engines and then we'd have a real ROC.

That's what's killing NASCAR..

Gordon... mic drop