Extra Gun Carrying case...what to do with it...???

dbart

Well, you turn it into a cool Bluetooth portable stereo that runs off the Milwaukee 18V rechargeable battery's.

This is the brain child of my brother...he's made 2 of these and in the process of making one for his daughter in pink :lmao:

I told him I want to make one and he said he'll order the parts, I PayPal'd him and then I went over today to make it!

It's freaking awesome...I'm just waiting for my battery's and charger to come this evening.

Ordered a JBL speaker, Amp, Power Switch, Voltage meter and 2 pack of Milwaukee Batterys with charger.

We turned it on using one of my brothers battery's and it rocks! Power and Voltage meter both light up in Blue...looks cool!

When I get the battery's and it gets charged...I'll shoot a video of it playing.

Fun stuff!

My niece Breanna wanted Pink...hers is almost done too.

:dbart:

IMG_20210916_094339096.jpg

IMG_20210916_094318989.jpg

IMG_20210916_094325632.jpg

IMG_20210925_103557324.jpg

IMG_20210925_193815115.jpg

IMG_20210925_120358379.jpg

IMG_20210925_120402797.jpg

IMG_20210925_120352872.jpg

IMG_20210925_193721423.jpg

IMG_20210925_193734715.jpg

IMG_20210925_193759281.jpg

IMG_20210925_120407508.jpg

51307.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grease Monkey said:

How's it sound with one speaker?

With the amp it sounds really good! I was surprised.

I'll have this for trips...in my trailer, mount it to a sxs I think would work too.

• Like 1

Cool!  I have a big a$$ Pelican double rifle case that's heavy as hell without anything in it, I could add a couple 6x9's, a subwoofer and tweeters and still have room!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlpineFunco said:

I bet there would be a pretty good sized market if he could get cases big enough to hold a gun as well. Either way looks cool. 

Not sure, considering how much cases are and what you have to spend for the speaker...they usually only come in pairs and cost of the components, battery's/charger, it's kind of ridiculous. All my tools are Ryobi but Ryobi doesn't make a receptacle that can be bolted without altering or drilling into it.

So I just bought A Milwaukee set up. I figure I'll have Milwaukee for my trailer and Ryobi for home. 

But for my brother and I, this was just a fun project and it is something no one else has!

:lmao:

• Like 1

• Board Moderator
3 minutes ago, dbart said:

Not sure, considering how much cases are and what you have to spend for the speaker...they usually only come in pairs and cost of the components, battery's/charger, it's kind of ridiculous. All my tools are Ryobi but Ryobi doesn't make a receptacle that can be bolted without altering or drilling into it.

So I just bought A Milwaukee set up. I figure I'll have Milwaukee for my trailer and Ryobi for home. 

But for my brother and I, this was just a fun project and it is something no one else has!

Be cool if you could bridge both of them together. Make them expandable.

• Like 1

today's fun will be cutting the foam to better fit around the speaker and the battery, then I'll still use another layer of foam to go between both sides.

On 9/26/2021 at 9:48 AM, dbart said:

A 90* bent piece of flat bar with two bolts would work. 883BB819-031C-4A14-9A52-0D095F536DDA.thumb.png.b352e9cccffecd7e59c3f3398173c497.png

1 hour ago, Readster said:

A 90* bent piece of flat bar with two bolts would work. 883BB819-031C-4A14-9A52-0D095F536DDA.thumb.png.b352e9cccffecd7e59c3f3398173c497.png

Yeah, saw that but there is not good way to mount that to where it is usable in the case. The Milwaukee sits flat where the battery just slides over it and there were already holes and hardware for it to be mounted.

• Board Moderator

Cool stuff man.

Thank God for Amazon right? Because Radioshack is long gone...

Like A Boss 80S GIF

1 hour ago, Kraut_n_Rice said:

Extra gun case, sounds like a case that needs a gun bought for it.

Actually there's still room for a gun in it.

My Glock will fit just perfect. Just need to cut out extra foam for it.

:dbart:

On 9/26/2021 at 8:37 AM, HozayKwarvo said:

Very cool :cheers:

I am thinking a bow case and two speakers would be a cool set up.

• Like 2

• Board Moderator
3 hours ago, MWB said:

I am thinking a bow case and two speakers would be a cool set up.

Deer like it when yore blasting AC/DC or you hunting people? :lol:

16 minutes ago, Crusty said:

Deer like it when yore blasting AC/DC or you hunting people? :lol:

A hard shell bow case from Walmart for cheap fits on the rear deck of a Can-Am X3 as good if not better then the $400 cooler/ storage Can-Am sells.  Are you picking up the groove I am putting down? Because I can turn it up for you to 11

rob reiner lol GIF by Maudit 

Edited by MWB
  • Haha 1