Sign in to follow this  
ANGELMONEY

Tandems

im gonna put a hitch behind my 5er to pull the rhino along also. Any one have any experince pulling two trailers and know the ins and outs? Will the non commercial A license work? how long is too long?

Any input will help . im tired of asking peeps to bring it out and ill need a 50ft toyhauler to carry the buggy and rhino. (thats not happening)

Fire away

thanks

i pull my rzr behind my 5th wheel, i heard the limit in cali is 60 feet, but i see people every trip with trailers longer then mine... i drove past highway patrols that didnt even look at me...

see attached PDF for towing laws in each state

Towing_Laws.pdf

see attached PDF for towing laws in each state

Good info!!!!!!! Thanks.......... :cheers: 40' trailer length in AZ???? Is that true???? Can't be??? I must be reading this wrong...

Edited by CGHitman

Been doing this for about 10 years now. You do need a commercial d/l with the doubles/triples indorsment. I also believe you are limited to a length of 28' per trailer and a 65' overall. I did notice the footnote that states triples (should mean doubles?) with an overall lenth of 70', but not sure if that is totally accurate. The commercial d/l can be a pain to get through but doable. The biannual physical is a pain as well but at least I get a checkup every two years.

Bill

Edited by Glamis Bill

A non commercial lic will NOT work

You will need a comm class A with a doubles/triples endorsement

Max trailer length is 28ft

THX GUYS WILL HAVER DONE BT TURKEY DAY

look into the length limits as I BELIEVE one trailer can be a certain length while the rear trailer has a different limit (IE the front trailer can be 28' but the rear can only be 17' feet. Those are not the numbers just an example)

Edited by rbjcampi

This has been discussed many times and you will get just as many different answers. If you read the law it can be interpreted differently by different people. You need to read the law for yourself and decide what you are comfortable with. I would definitely be sure to obey the basic rules of the road to avoid further investigation by the Kalifornia Highway Patrol.

post-6240-1226125756_thumb.jpg