Sogaba2007

Tow Trucks In Glamis Right Now

Just got a call from a friend that is in Glamis, Wednesday PM, and he says there are a line of tow trucks by the vendors and they are going camp to camp and checking every car for proof of ownership and registration. Make sure you have your affairs in order or you will have a problem. They have seen a bunch of cars, quads and bikes get hauled off today already. Imagine next weekend? FYI

Edited by Sogaba2007

holy crap, this is getting rediculous! :thumbdown:

<<<<<<<waiting for the BLM auction of rails date.

welcome to kalifornia comrad :nag:

Is it vendors down by Geko? There aren't any down by vendors row by the store, as a matter of fact we haven't seen any Leo's here today.

Holy poop, I'd better park more than 10 feet from the road this time..... :moof:

I Hope every one has there ducks in a row. If they are going to do this maybe the will catch some sand flee's riding dirty and possibly recover some stolen toys!!!

Thanks for the heads-up...

<<<<<<<waiting for the BLM auction of rails date.

That's what I was thinking..

It sure would be nice if they did catch some thiefs and recover stolen property..

All you have to do is follow the rules and register your vehicles from the state that you live in. The rangers don't know if the vehicle you have really belongs to you or is stolen. If you have it registered and have paperwork to prove you own it you won't have a problem. If you have ever had anything stolen you would definitely agree with what is going on.

When we were there a couple of weeks ago they only checked for green stickers, they never asked for "paperwork". This leads me to believe that they are only after the revenue, not looking at all for anything stolen. You guys better check you chit and check it again, that would sure ruin a trip :sampler:

Snopes says false

So whats the problem here?

thanks for the heads up.... i just made my copy of my reg.

I heard they were towing the pre Thanksgiving abandoned rigs

:moof:

So whats the problem here?

No blempro here ociffer :ifly::wacko:

All this talk of towing got me to get my own paperwork in order. I have my green sticker and registration but was stumped when it came to my VIN. My registration has a VIN but I cannot find on on my rail. I bought it used a few years ago and had no problems transferring ownership. It's a Chenowth 4LW. There's a plate welded on the frame behind the driver's seat that I thought was the VIN...but when I cleaned the grime off it I found that it just says "Chenowth", the serial # and model #.

Any ideas where the VIN would be? Could it be I don't have one because it's so old?

what happened to innocent until proven guilty... rather than them having to have a reason to stop you and having to prove it is stolen, they stop people for NO reason, and you have to prove to them it is yours.. :bs:

Don't call BS, I'm just telling you about the phone call I got from a guy that is there. Don't want to spread a rumor if its not true, but that is what I was told. Like I said its an FYI. It made me make sure all by paperwork is in order, but do what you think, maybe I'll just go put my tin foil hat on and get back in my bunker! :cheers:

Edited by Sogaba2007

Don't call BS, I just telling you about the phone call I got from a guy that is there. Don't want to spread a rumor if its not true, but that is what I was told. Like I said its an FYI. It made me make sure all by paperwork is in order, but do what you think, maybe I'll just go put my tin foil hat on and get back in my bunker! :cheers:

I don't think anyone is calling BS on you, they are calling BS on the Rangers doing that crap...

Don't call BS, I'm just telling you about the phone call I got from a guy that is there. Don't want to spread a rumor if its not true, but that is what I was told. Like I said its an FYI. It made me make sure all by paperwork is in order, but do what you think, maybe I'll just go put my tin foil hat on and get back in my bunker! :cheers:

We thank you for passing the info. I think you may be saving someone from losing a car :cheers:

A: The easter bunny is there too

B: Who cares? Make a copy of your registration for them to check and keep it in the car and they'll go away.

A: The easter bunny is there too

B: Who cares? Make a copy of your registration for them to check and keep it in the car and they'll go away.

sure.. go ahead and leave the toy hauler unlocked for them to search also, hell, why you are at it, go ahead and leave your house unlocked so they can make sure all the TV's are yours also..