any news on the release of a 4 seat Kawasaki KRX1000?

For those in the know (NIKAL?) Is there any news on the release of a 4 seat Kawasaki KRX1000? I stopped by my local dealer today, sales guy had no idea when. The car is epic, I just need a couple more seats 😃 

Been waiting myself.  Kawi's were the work horses of the moab rental fleets.  The 2 seaters are very impressive for the cost.  Like you just waiting for the 4 seater!

I'm in this boat, too. The Speed UTV would be nice but is north of my budget. I figure a 4 seat KRX with 35s would be just about right for my needs and my budget.

Sorry, Nothing solid as to when, but I’ve been assured it’s coming, by a few that know way more then me! My best guess is it will be a 2023 model, so released mid 2022. I honestly thought we would have seen it this year. No one has said, but my speculation is that Covid, supply shortages and transit logistics are playing a roll in its release. 

Also no info what’s so ever if any power changes are coming for it? While compared to a turbo the KRX is way down on power, but overall it does very well for the N/A category it’s in. It has 3 more HP then a RZR N/A, but the dual clutching and overall weight makes it feel less peppy. So with that said I think they will need to improve the HP for a 4 seat version. They vehicle is going to gain a few hundred lbs, but then you added another few hundred in passengers, and now you just added 500 lbs. it’s going to need more power. If they could bump up to 130 hp, which is a 17hp gain. I think it would be more comforting to the consumer, and in reality it’s going to need it. 150hp would be awesome, but I just don’t see Kawi doing that. 

Also I don’t think the 4 seater it’s going to be as big as some might think it’s going to be. For one, they already have allot of room behind the seats that will be used and not replaced. The current WB is 98.8 so even if they added 20 inches to the car, the WB would still be under 120. The Turbo S 4 is 117, Speed is 120, Pro4 is 125. Can Am is stupid long! They are going to want the KXR4 to be able to do most of what the 2 seat model can do. 

Edited by NIKAL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Misterkidd said:

I'm in this boat, too. The Speed UTV would be nice but is north of my budget. I figure a 4 seat KRX with 35s would be just about right for my needs and my budget.

the 2 seater at the dealer today had 35s on it, looked epic!

Thx fellas. I spoke with Bill Nash at the off road show here in Phoenix, he loves the KRX1000 and races it here locally. I asked him about a bench seat in the two seater, he said they looked into it but it interferes with the E Brake handle, that and he didnt want to remove the handle because its too fun to e brake it and slide! As NIKAL said, theres a chit ton of room behind the seats, I'm sure the WB will be spot on for the 4 seater

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

Thx fellas. I spoke with Bill Nash at the off road show here in Phoenix, he loves the KRX1000 and races it here locally. I asked him about a bench seat in the two seater, he said they looked into it but it interferes with the E Brake handle, that and he didnt want to remove the handle because its too fun to e brake it and slide! As NIKAL said, theres a chit ton of room behind the seats, I'm sure the WB will be spot on for the 4 seater

We had a booth at the Offroad show as well, and I spent some time talking to Bill there also..He shared a couple scenarios that happened while racing the KRX, that demonstrated the durability of the KRX. I really like the feel of the car in the cabin, as well as the overall look of the car. As previously stated, IMO the power output of the car is an issue they are going to need to address to gain significant market share though.  Looking forward to doing more with Bill in the future, as he is a very cool guy.. We have his personal 2 seat Yamaha RMAX in our shop right now getting the full shock makover..And will be getting a few other cars to work on from him as well.

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

Schmidty, whats your shop called? And I concur, Bill was a super cool guy and I'll buy my rig from Nash 

Schmidty Racing Suspension. We had  a 2 seat X3, and a 4 seat Talon in our booth.