flashpoint

Well The Bastards Did It.....open Up Your Wallets Californians

you know...

Many countries think americans, as a whole, are idiots.

I think they have a few good reasons.

Oh and by the way, the room full of idiots I'm sitting with who think reality TV is the most important thing in life...yeah they're going to be the majority of votes soon.

Edited by nosocks

SPENDING CAPS:

---Allows adjustment of the spending limit to accommodate new tax increases.

WHAT! THIS IS UNBELEIVABLE!

In other words if we get more money from higher taxes we no longer need to abid by the spending limits.........This is a travisty!!!!!! WHO AGREED TO THIS TOTAL BULLSHIOT SELLOUT OF THE PEOPLE OF CALIFORNIA! I am ashamed to be a registered Republican!

The Republicans stood their ground......all but one actually. His name is Senator Abel Maldonado (R-San Luis Obispo).

Republicans don't have the majority.....we're stuck with the Dems holding the control.

Edited by AFamilyof4

SPENDING CAPS:

In other words if we get more money from higher taxes we no longer need to abid by the spending limits.........This is a travisty!!!!!! WHO AGREED TO THIS TOTAL BULLSHIOT SELLOUT OF THE PEOPLE OF CALIFORNIA! I am ashamed to be a registered Republican!

The Republicans stood their ground......all but one actually. His name is Senator Abel Maldonado (R-San Luis Obispo).

Republicans don't have the majority.....we're stuck with the Dems holding the control.

It takes a 2/3 vote to raise taxes......without the Republicans vote they can do NOTHING!

The Republicans would love it that you think they held their ground. Basically what they did is put up a smoke screen and let their Republican pansies fall on the sword for them. They had a chance to remove Villines{ the republican Assembleyman who brokered the deal with Arnold} and start over, NOT ONE OF THEM SECOND THE MOTION TO REMOVE HIM! The Senate removed their guy because he agreed to tax increases. Why not the assembly?

I believe it took a total of three or four Republicans to flop.........Able was the last one to flop and sell us down the road for his own personal deal!.............see my above posts on how to contact the traitor!

Jesus H Christ this state is jacked up

Edited by julian633

what exactly is Jesus Christ's middle name?

Harold

Guest DDivaGirl

The tax calculator is back up, Click HERE to find out how much the tax increase is going to cost you and your family!

:nag:

In PSALM 69 it says his middle name is Henry

:hmm:

Edited by rbjcampi

Just when i thought it couldn't get any worse.

If ever there was a way to ruin your states economy this recent bill was it. Every year we are loosing tax paying citizens due to malicious taxes that make it impossible to succeed in this state. What do we get? We get more taxes, less tax payers, and more illegals and bums with their hands-out. They get to suckle the teat of the Californian system and what do us tax payers get? We get a giant load in the face and an empty wallet.

There is no way to get our state out of debt if we keep scaring away honest hardworking tax payers. There are about 15 things we could easily do to raise the billions we need without adding taxes. They will all offend those opposed to off-shore drilling, illegal immigrants, Welfare recipients, those who have 14 kids and can't pay for them, and state workers.

So according to the calculator, I am going to get hit with well over $1000 a year more, and that doesn't even include what the feds are gonna do next year to cover their little stimulus package, geesh, what a joke!

VOTE OUT ALL THE LIBS IN 2010!!!!!!

Here's the list of Republicans that voted in favor (remember...they did their fair share of 'horse-trading')

Assembly:

Republican Leader Mike Villines, District 29 (Central Valley)

Roger Niello, District 5 (Northern California) (Sacramento suburbs and eastward)

Anthony Adams, District 59 (Southern California - LA & SB County)

Senate:

Dave Cogdill, District 14 (Central Valley)

Roy Ashburn, District 18 (Tulare, Bishop, Bakersfield, High Desert to the Nevada/Arizona statelines)

Abel Maldonado, District 15 (Central Coast)

Here's another article: Click me!

Edited by AFamilyof4

Between the 10% pay cut Dana and I took starting this mounth and the new taxes, were out an extra $1,800 a mounth.

I will loose my house, and be moving into a apartment and will also need to get rid of one of my cars to make the payments on the rest of my bills.

Were kinda stuck here because we both work for the state. Also, found out yesterday they are giving out pink slips to 20% of the state workers, who will be layed off in the comming year. I'm clear on that one but my wife is not.

That's Cali...those of you that are familier with the Ports Long Beach and Los Angeles, well they they started a new program for the Trucks that go in and out of the Ports, it's called "My Clean Truck" Every Truck is required to have a Sticker or a temp. permit, for the sticker it's a 250 buck reg. fee and a 100 bucks a year (Long Beach) L A is the 250 and 2,500 bucks a year or you can do the 100 buck a trip deal on the web. They want to raise over 2 Billion dollars in two years to HELP replace all the older trucks that go in and out of there...Yes the state of Cali. is going to buy all these container jockys 2007 or newer Trucks to help keep the Air Clean claims the ARB :nag:

Harold

That's Cali...those of you that are familier with the Ports Long Beach and Los Angeles, well they they started a new program for the Trucks that go in and out of the Ports, it's called "My Clean Truck" Every Truck is required to have a Sticker or a temp. permit, for the sticker it's a 250 buck reg. fee and a 100 bucks a year (Long Beach) L A is the 250 and 2,500 bucks a year or you can do the 100 buck a trip deal on the web. They want to raise over 2 Billion dollars in two years to HELP replace all the older trucks that go in and out of there...Yes the state of Cali. is going to buy all these container jockys 2007 or newer Trucks to help keep the Air Clean claims the ARB :nag:

No, from my understanding of it, they are going to help the medium size companies buy helping them put new engines in thier trucks depending on where the trucks run. The large companies don't care because thier trucks are always going to be newer anyway. Us little guys with 1 or 2 older (less than 2003) trucks that don't haul in the "right" counties, will be put out of business. Maybe Obama will buy me a new $250k transfer. Also, the trucks age changes through the years. Not EXACTLY sure on the dates but something like 2003 or newer until 2010, then 2009 or newer after that, etc

One good thing about the new budget is there is a stipulation in it to extend the deadlines for AB32

BS. That money will go to the prisons or hospitals or something else like that. Fat Chance they will buy you guys new trucks. They need to make it cheaper for the truckers to do business and then mabye they can buy their own new truck.

Cali SUX the BIG one!!!!!

I was there yesterday they were saying that it cost more to retro fit them than to buy new ones, either way I call BS!

They just passed the Budget with a total of 70 BILLION in new taxes. It doesnt matter that we are already the highest taxed State in the Union. It doesnt matter that the Senate and Assembly got us into this mess by years of out of control spending! How could the Republicans let this happen,especialy when they all signed a "NO NEW TAXES PLEDGE" not that long ago?

Well it came down to one Senator that decided to flip and give them the last vote the Democrates needed to start raping our wallets. His name............ABLE MALDONADO Rep 12th district of California. He basicaly SOLD his vote to the Dems for his own personal gain. They met his demands and he gave them his vote!

Why dont you drop him an email and let him know how happy your are that your taxes just got raised by 70 billion dollars!!!!!! :nag:

http://cssrc.us/web/15/contact_us.aspx use zip 93401 or 93940

calling that rat bastard isnt going to do any good...look where his constituents are....the farkin central coast!! how the effe a R got elected in neo-marxist territory is beyond me (unless he is a neo-marxist...which he proved over the last few days).. nothing but illegal aliens and "friends of dorothy" living in Santa Maria

btw...the crap he pushed on the dems....has to go to a vote in june, which isnt going to pass, so basically that bastard gave away his vote

Since most dumb A**'s just double the tax

glad i dont go to bjs, id rather go somewhere where people appreciate tips. tips, not a mandatory bonus. and i tip more than 15% by the way.

Then this obviously doesn't apply to you. However for the most part, that is what people tip, since they see it as a "bonus." The truth of the matter is we make minimum wage, even the bussers and dish washers make more on their pay checks then servers, and we still have to tip out a minimum 2% of our sales, not our tips to those that help us serve our guests. It is apparent you have not worked in the service industry which explains your oppinion of those who handle your food before you get it. And while any "bonus" is appreciated, it is widely accepted that 15% gratuity is the standard tip, however since the economy has regressed, people still choose to eat out, but forget that an extra 15% of the bill is "supposed" to go to the server but many see it as superfluous assuming we are already paid well which as pointed out above is not the case. Please also keep in mind that most servers are doing this job to put themselves through college since we don't have mommy and daddy supporting us anymore. There are few jobs that work with school schedules that allow you to make $15-$30, and allow us to be taking 12+units at school. I hope the economy is treating you better then those of us in the service industry

i understand your point...to a point, BUT...if i get horrible service...a fuggin seat by the bathroom...an empty water glass ALL meal long...and the only time i see my service person is when i order, and when the food and bill come..the EFFE that..they get NOTHING... i dont care if you are charged on taxes what you sold me.....i have seen some service people who act like its EXPECTED...like a BJ's restaurant i went to not too long ago

did call ahead seating for 4, was told 30 minutes...which ended up turning into a 2 hour ordeal BEFORE we even got seated...went to the freekin bar and asked for a tuxedo...guiness and bass ale, and the freekin bar tender hands me a 16 oz glass half of foam. i asked him about it, to which he replied, " guess you havent had too many of them, because thats the way they come." I informed jackass i used to be a bar tender while i was going to college, and if he let me step back there, i would show him wrong, which he denied...i never paid for it NOR did i pick it up off the bar.

then, we are finally seated, and the jackass wait staff goes on his effin break and leaves us in limbo for 30 minutes

needless to say, i wont go back to THAT BJ's again....

im just sick of poopty service...if i did that in my job, i wouldnt have a job period

I have felt this way for sometime and this only cements it. The day I retire is the day I leave this shathole state.

Arnold is as bad a governor as he was an actor.

:joe::yarder::321: California :Eff U: :bird::tpw:

Borrowing:

-$5.4 billion:

-$5 billion from lottery securitization (requires voter approval in special election in May or June).

-$400 million in loans and transfers from various special funds

Looks like we have a say about it..... A BIG say if you ask me.

SPENDING CAPS:

Complete bullchit :nag::nag: .........there shouldn't be any cap adjustments whatsoever. Try banking it like us po-folks attempt to do, cuz we don't want no IOU's.

We are seriously thinking about Idaho!!!!! Sux!

I'm right there with you. The police department is laying off 30 at the end of March. I know I'm in the clear from that group but what if there are more. I am the bottom of the list there. Idaho might be the place to close.

Andy

Since most dumb A**'s just double the tax

glad i dont go to bjs, id rather go somewhere where people appreciate tips. tips, not a mandatory bonus. and i tip more than 15% by the way.

Then this obviously doesn't apply to you. However for the most part, that is what people tip, since they see it as a "bonus." The truth of the matter is we make minimum wage, even the bussers and dish washers make more on their pay checks then servers, and we still have to tip out a minimum 2% of our sales, not our tips to those that help us serve our guests. It is apparent you have not worked in the service industry which explains your oppinion of those who handle your food before you get it. And while any "bonus" is appreciated, it is widely accepted that 15% gratuity is the standard tip, however since the economy has regressed, people still choose to eat out, but forget that an extra 15% of the bill is "supposed" to go to the server but many see it as superfluous assuming we are already paid well which as pointed out above is not the case. Please also keep in mind that most servers are doing this job to put themselves through college since we don't have mommy and daddy supporting us anymore. There are few jobs that work with school schedules that allow you to make $15-$30, and allow us to be taking 12+units at school. I hope the economy is treating you better then those of us in the service industry

I hope you do well and college so you can get out of the service industry and don't have to deal with all the dumb-arses any more. When a server shows attitude like that, their "mandatory" tip just went bye-bye. I usually won't return to the restaurant either and I am sure to tell everyone I know about the crappy service.

surf-n-sand nailed it. The state just keeps running off the tax base, revenues go down, budget shortages get spread out amongst those who remain, running off more tax payer, the circle continues.

We're all cutting our budgets to live within our means yet the e'ffn state can't do the same and now we will all have to cut more so they don't have to. Makes we wanna just puke.

So glad I live in Arizona

I don't know about Arizona either, with all the new speed cameras everywhere. I just got popped on the 51 going 67 in a 55mph zone, 1 mph over the 10 mph leeway. The ticket is $181 dollars, and they want the money in 2 weeks! It even says on the ticket if you try and protest the ticket more cost could be incurred, just to let you know the state has all the control here. You know they're making a butt load of money of that scam! Watch out coming of the 85 to I-10 there are two sets of speed cameras right there, I just noticed them coming back from the dunes. It never fails when the economy is in the tank the state always seems to find it's way into our pockets, whether it's here or California.