Motorhome Life

6 minutes ago, ChEFF said:

All they have done is diagnose the problem. I only filled out Contact Info when I left it with them. Peace

Not sure what the BAR laws in NM are, but the lack of cost means you shouldn't liable for anything there. Sucks you still have to reassemble the motor due to incompetence, but they're probably going "whoa" on everything because you have the leverage and refused to take it in the shorts.

Question is: if they do end up backing down to a reasonable cost, will you still have it repaired there?

11 minutes ago, ChEFF said:

Just talked with Grant @ Corp CAT and he said debris got into the line. "Faulty Spray Jet". And he said 25% was all they were going to cover and HUNG UP on me by the end of the conversation. Maybe I shouldn't have told him the 3216 has a reputation like the PLAGUE! Avoid that engine at all costs! Peace

Seems like the dealer misdiagnosed the problem and should put the head back on for no charge, clear the debris for charge, and let you go on your merry way.

• Like 1

• Site Sponsor
On 11/4/2021 at 12:29 PM, tjZ06 said:

Eric is an awesome dude and a duner too, I'm sure he'd take care of daChEFF if it comes to that.  Of course, depending on route IDK if that RV can be transported, even on a lowboy.  Most Class As are 13-ish feet tall, which is why any you see "brand new" out here on the West Coast have 2k+ miles on them: they drive them out because they're too tall to transport.  This is also why when you see them getting towed, the wrecker grabs under the front axle but lifts it as little as possible and they remove the driveshaft and tow it on the ground.  Now, I'm sure there's SOME way to get a downed RV back on a trailer, perhaps through special permit and careful route planning, but IDK.

-TJ

The stuff we have hauled around is typically over the magic number for highway over passes.  Our guy will just "ramp it", as he calls it.  If the overpass is too low, he'll take the off/on ramp around it.  Takes more time though.

• Forum Moderator
On 11/5/2021 at 1:05 PM, Rockwood said:

Question is: if they do end up backing down to a reasonable cost, will you still have it repaired there?

That's definitely in my mind! Peace

• Like 1

My truck broke one year on way home from Glamis and I had a tow company come out and get it, and me. Truck with cabover and enclosed trailer on a low deck. It was 15' 8" tall. I asked driver and was told that "tow companies do not have to abide  rules and are exempt. You just have to be aware and prepared for what's in your route.

• Forum Moderator

QUOTE to repair arrived today. Went from $24,000 (+tax) to $12,000 (+tax). Asked them to include 6 new injectors. Thats over and above the 12k. Should I let them do the additional injectors?  Poule said it best.....Think of it like this.........It's a "SHIIT SANDWICH!" Eat it. Taste terrible but.......That's why they call it a "SHIIT SANDWICH!"  Peace 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ChEFF said:

QUOTE to repair arrived today. Went from $24,000 (+tax) to $12,000 (+tax). Asked them to include 6 new injectors. Thats over and above the 12k. Should I let them do the additional injectors?  Poule said it best.....Think of it like this.........It's a "SHIIT SANDWICH!" Eat it. Taste terrible but.......That's why they call it a "SHIIT SANDWICH!"  Peace 

Do they then give a 12mo warranty on repairs or any kind of warranty?

• Site Sponsor

You will be hard pressed to duplicate that motor home for 12K / It is dialed in and Beautiful......The taxes / registration and "dial it in $$$ on a new one will be 2X that amount PLUS the cost of the coach........For What? .....

You are NOT rv park campers.....You use it at MX races and Football and Desert......That coach is PERFECT for what you do!!!!

Fix it and enjoy it for another 10 years!!!!

See if they will give you a loaner if you do the repair and head to Glamis tomorrow!!!!

59 minutes ago, ChEFF said:

CheFF, I want to throw up for you....This really sucks.  With that said, I think at this point I would probably do it.  You will be hard pressed to beat that number (I believe), and it will finally be done and you can put it behind you. 

I would only do it with warranty verification, as you will obviously never be back there again.

• Forum Moderator
21 minutes ago, Poule43 said:

head to Glamis tomorrow!!!!

I'm so Tempted! Wish the wife didn't mind sleeping on the trailer. Peace

• Forum Moderator
6 minutes ago, 2dasand said:

obviously never be back there again.

I agree! Peace

• Like 1

$12K you loose that playing Golf with Esco in a weekend.  I would want go over the warranty letter before I wrote the check though.  

I just had to pay 12k to replace my sewer line from my house to the street, that is truly eating a chit sandwich.  Pay it, don't lose sleep and move on with your life, needs to be fixed either way.

• Like 1

• Forum Moderator

Signed the Repair Quote this morning. Had an extensive conversation with the Lead Tech in Colorado. He seems like a good dude with experience. The people in ALB NM aren't set up equipment wise to do the repair. They're going to pull the motor and send it to him to do the repair. He'll knock it out and send it back for them to install. After ll the debacle going on, I felt comfortable talking with Todd@Wagner Equipment. My thoughts are....eventually I'm going to have to trust my fellow Man and let him do his job. CORP CAT offered 25% help on the repair. All said and done.......$11,536.88 (+tax) Not counting the $488.00 rental car and the flight back to pick her up! OH the joys of owning a motorhome. Wouldn't change it. Love it! Peace

• Like 6

• Forum Moderator
3 minutes ago, Punchdrunk Monkey said:

Now back to building a house...............

Headed over there now to meet my IT guy!! TV's / Cameras / Security / Surveillance / Mirrors on the ceiling.......Umm chEFF, not them yet. That's next week. Peace

• Forum Moderator

Called for an update. He says hopefully by the end of the year. Not a fan of my rig being in ALB NM for that period of time. Told them it needs to store inside. Or I'll need to have it winterized. My poor little MoHo is in shock right now. She's not getting pampered by Da chEFF! Peace

• Forum Moderator
18 minutes ago, Drupanddown said:

Dang man i just bought a similar rig this February ya got me nervous. 70k on her now. I guess your thought is “cheaper to keep her”. 

7A5248F6-7B57-4B65-878F-D20B0C6EBB34.jpeg

You're going to love it. They're great coaches! Keep it serviced. And use her! Congrats. Peace

2 hours ago, ChEFF said:

You're going to love it. They're great coaches! Keep it serviced. And use her! Congrats. Peace

Thanks and Copy that

came through your neighborhood (grapevine) during the freeze of the century while driving it back from Alabama. Air ride is night and day from my leaf sprung Southwind gasser. We got snowed in Pecos. 

E9DD7398-30D0-429D-B987-23FCE695EB4B.jpeg

CC5178EA-5310-4253-A924-9E30C4D6B7B7.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

Beautiful. Pecos is officially the middle of no where. Lucky for us, we had to stay in Glamis an extra week cause of the storm. Peace

• Like 2

So you blow your first motor with Tom...

Next you talk Sharon into blowing another motor? 

Your a sick dude!!!!

Edited by RIDERED

• Forum Moderator
On 11/20/2021 at 5:37 AM, RIDERED said:

So you blow your first motor with Tom...

Next you talk Sharon into blowing another motor? 

Your a sick dude!!!!

And they both still Love me! Peace