Jump to content

WTB - 24' car hauler with head and kitchen


Recommended Posts

In search for a car hauler in the 24' range, preferably not longer, but also not too short. 

It needs to have a bathroom and a small kitchen. Really looking for at least 15' of cargo, and 102" wide.

I know there aren't too many of these floating around but if someone has one they are willing to part with let me know

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about buying a 24 or 25 ft toyhauler and just removing the beds. You can probably find an older one cheaper than a newer enclosed with the bathroom and kitchen added. Plus it will have air conditioning, maybe even a genny.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nickc313 said:

https://str8uptoytrader.com/vehicle/2008-universal-28-triple-axel/

something like this but 4 feet shorter and 1 less axle maybe 

tick tock mfr lessssgo

Yea man that’s it! Someone sell me one!

44 minutes ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

How about buying a 24 or 25 ft toyhauler and just removing the beds. You can probably find an older one cheaper than a newer enclosed with the bathroom and kitchen added. Plus it will have air conditioning, maybe even a genny.

That’s what I currently have. Problem is I have to take off all 4 wheels, strap the front end, winch it in backwards, and every trip I tear something up on the trailer. Really just looking to simplify my setup so I can do 2 day weekends and not take 2 hours to pack up 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, acefuture said:

Yea man that’s it! Someone sell me one!

That’s what I currently have. Problem is I have to take off all 4 wheels, strap the front end, winch it in backwards, and every trip I tear something up on the trailer. Really just looking to simplify my setup so I can do 2 day weekends and not take 2 hours to pack up 

Is the enclosed trailer wider than a toy hauler on the inside? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

Is the enclosed trailer wider than a toy hauler on the inside? 

That’s what I’m looking for. My current 24’ fun runner is 86” inside door width, I’m looking for 96” inside door width. Currently I have to take my hubs off, put special made trailer tires on, and strap the front end. My car is 94” wide up front

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, acefuture said:

That’s what I’m looking for. My current 24’ fun runner is 86” inside door width, I’m looking for 96” inside door width. Currently I have to take my hubs off, put special made trailer tires on, and strap the front end. My car is 94” wide up front

I think if you find a toy hauler that's 102" wide, the inside width will be 96". 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

I think if you find a toy hauler that's 102" wide, the inside width will be 96". 

Unfortunately I've never seen a toy hauler in the 24' range that is 102" wide. If anyone knows of an MFG that made one please let me know

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IIRC the widest allowable width by the NHTSB is 102".  anything wider & you have to have a permit to run on public roads (and if its wider than something something else, you have to have an escort with the permit.  this is why the 102" magic number.  the trick is finding a mfg that will make the door opening as wide as they can w/o making it weak...

Bob

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, URCLEVER said:

Yea i came across that. Exactly what i'm looking for but a bit too large and bit high on price IMO. Thanks for sending over though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 3:28 PM, acefuture said:

Yea i came across that. Exactly what i'm looking for but a bit too large and bit high on price IMO. Thanks for sending over though

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2130621353885153/permalink/3108564506090828/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ya they are not cheap I have a 2008 22 universal with a front bath and kitchen like your looking for that fits my funco and have been offered 30k plus several time with cash in hand I have turns down universal told me 75k plus to build another one like it 3 months ago 

Edited by Blacktop
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, URCLEVER said:

Not hating on your hustle.. but damn 75k to build a new one. Kevin must be smoking that good covid sh*t. 

Welcome to the world of inflation Believe me there’s no hustle my trailer is not for sale but it’s crazy what the new ones are costing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Blacktop said:

Welcome to the world of inflation Believe me there’s no hustle my trailer is not for sale but it’s crazy what the new ones are costing 

I have three electrical bids on my desk right now that are from either earlier this year ( Feb ) or from April and May of last year.  They all are going up about 20% and my mark up is going down if I want the jobs. Plus I get to tell them don't even think of having any of the light fixtures for about 2 months after we are approved and the panel boards and Service section are 2 months out minimum.

The job I was awarded on Friday was supposed to be completed over the Thanksgiving Weekend I was told by my lighting vendor No a shot in hell to get the fixtures here by then, Maybe Christmas and that was a big Maybe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Shout Box

Shout Box

You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    Terms of Use Privacy Policy