Ghostly Adventures from Gecko

Every year since I joined this site (2008 I think) this same thread has turned into the same thing at the beginning of the season. I have no dog in this fight since I stay where ever there is sand (Washes, Gecko, Gordons, Campground, in my truck, with my ass on the cooler, etc.). But I will say that the handful of times i've decided to go to Gecko i've never once had an issue parking. And the reason I have always snagged a spot is because I've messaged one of the numerous strangers I've met on this (and other) forums asking if I can squeeze in somewhere and I've unanimously received the answer "oh yea we'll squeeze you in" without hesitation. Met some awesome people and gone on some epic rides that I never would have. May be in part that I show up solo with my 24' trailer or with maybe one other small trailer, or maybe it's because majority of the people are just rad and make room. So thanks to those who have let me come hang, you know who you are. See you out there this weekend (still unsure where we are parking)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, acefuture said:

Every year since I joined this site (2008 I think) this same thread has turned into the same thing at the beginning of the season. I have no dog in this fight since I stay where ever there is sand (Washes, Gecko, Gordons, Campground, in my truck, with my ass on the cooler, etc.). But I will say that the handful of times i've decided to go to Gecko i've never once had an issue parking. And the reason I have always snagged a spot is because I've messaged one of the numerous strangers I've met on this (and other) forums asking if I can squeeze in somewhere and I've unanimously received the answer "oh yea we'll squeeze you in" without hesitation. Met some awesome people and gone on some epic rides that I never would have. May be in part that I show up solo with my 24' trailer or with maybe one other small trailer, or maybe it's because majority of the people are just rad and make room. So thanks to those who have let me come hang, you know who you are. See you out there this weekend (still unsure where we are parking)

I’ve always got room for you bb :cheers:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that @ANGRYBUTTCRACK got a picture of the Road Runner Estates rent-a-cops getting new chocks put onto their golf carts....  See red circle for undeniable proof....... 

LOL

RRE Law enforcement.jpeg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, stonehenge said:

Wow, looks like Tom "camp host" actually put the sting on RR estates.  Never thought I would see it down south.  Even the "untouchables" packed up and left.  

:popcorn:

blazing saddles GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, stonehenge said:

Wow, looks like Tom "camp host" actually put the sting on RR estates.  Never thought I would see it down south.  Even the "untouchables" packed up and left.  

:popcorn:

How is it that you're always here to see what's going on? Tried to meet you, even walked around Roadrunner calling out Stonehenge. People thought I lost my dog. I told them I did, a sad little bitch, tail between her legs, afraid of everyone.

1 hour ago, MWB said:

blazing saddles GIF

Why does this make you happy? You aren't using the space. No one is. Yet 25 people were told to leave. That's 25 people. It spending money on ice, food, t shirts, gas, etc. Keep celebrating, we'll all be back. And you'll be at home.

9 minutes ago, Crusty said:

#RoadRunnerSeasonLongParkingSpotsMatter

You Can Now Buy And Drink 'LeBron Tears' - OpenCourt-Basketball

#peoplethatactuallygotoglamismatter

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, L.R.S. said:

How is it that you're always here to see what's going on? Tried to meet you, even walked around Roadrunner calling out Stonehenge. People thought I lost my dog. I told them I did, a sad little bitch, tail between her legs, afraid of everyone.

Why does this make you happy? You aren't using the space. No one is. Yet 25 people were told to leave. That's 25 people. It spending money on ice, food, t shirts, gas, etc. Keep celebrating, we'll all be back. And you'll be at home.

:rofl:  Stonehenge isn't a real person. :rofl:

Who you calling a bitch? 

Edited by HEADINJURY
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

What'd I miss? Were the elite of Entitlement Estates asked to leave? Did they have to leave the ISDRA? Or just get off Roadrunner? Are they slumming it down on pad 3 for a bit? Or, dare I say it, did they have to go to the washes for a week or two? Oh the horror...

• Like 1

RR is like Boardwalk and Park Place. Pad 3/5 is like Marvin Gardens and Pennsylvania. Pad one would be like New York and Ilinois Ave. The lowly washes would be Baltic to Connecticut depending which wash.:blink: Of course you drive along B&O railroad going down wash road. Get caught drinking and duning?  Go to jail and don't pass go or collect $200. Land on free parking and you get to camp in one spot for 60 days. 

• Haha 5

• Site Sponsor
29 minutes ago, onanysunday said:

RR is like Boardwalk and Park Place. Pad 3/5 is like Marvin Gardens and Pennsylvania. Pad one would be like New York and Ilinois Ave. The lowly washes would be Baltic to Connecticut depending which wash.:blink: Of course you drive along B&O railroad going down wash road. Get caught drinking and duning?  Go to jail and don't pass go or collect $200. Land on Boardwalk or Park Place and you get to camp in one spot for 120 days. 

FIFY

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Moparman said:

So it sounds like there're enforcing the 14 day rule?

Good..... They do it pretty much everywhere else on BLM lands....why not Glamis? 

6 hours ago, onanysunday said:

RR is like Boardwalk and Park Place. Pad 3/5 is like Marvin Gardens and Pennsylvania. Pad one would be like New York and Ilinois Ave. The lowly washes would be Baltic to Connecticut depending which wash.:blink: Of course you drive along B&O railroad going down wash road. Get caught drinking and duning?  Go to jail and don't pass go or collect $200. Land on free parking and you get to camp in one spot for 60 days. 

I think you're a little confused.  Go down to RR, you'll mostly see THs, gassers, and a few pushers.  I saw vids of Pad 3/5 this weekend that had a Newell, which is a $3M coach.  

-TJ

• Like 3