baker

Finally Got A Car

Now it will be forever for October to get here

post-10143-1248131651_thumb.jpg

post-10143-1248131569_thumb.jpg

post-10143-1248131541_thumb.jpg

post-10143-1248131606_thumb.jpg

You can always go on the full moon run the weekend of Aug 7th for a quick sand fix.

congrats on the car by the way

I had thought about that, just did not know if the maiden voyage should be at night. I picked it up from Oklahoma and stopped at Little Sahara for a couple of hours to make sure everything worked, just didn't feel safe out there with no one else. I did not want to be one of those guys stranded for hours not knowing the area. Everything worked fine and was suprised to feel how much power can be had with a VW motor.

Wise choice about not going out alone, car looks as though it was well cared for, nice car, any specs. eng. size etc.??

Nice car. Bet it hauls with that turbo strapped on.

The cinders in Flagstaff is a great place to go in the summer time. Congrats on the new car!

it has a turbo 2332 vw, 091 tranny with close ratio 3rd & 4th gears. not sure if any of the trailing arms are extended or not. future plans are to try and put coil overs front and rear, and to make the side panels a different color. Just not sure what color yet.

also it is a 2000 model year sand buggy supply. I have a title it just does not say who the manufacturer of the frame is. It says on the title SPCNS for the make, not too sure what it means

SPCNS means it is a special construction build, either a home built or shop built and the previous owner registered under a special construction.

-Josh

Dirt tires ?

thanks on what the abbreviation meant. and not yet on the desert tires. Right now with it being 115 plus outside every day the desert doesnt even sound fun. I will definitely be hitting the cinders in the next couple of weeks.

WTG on the ride! I bet we have another hood member now!!!!

nice congrats on the new car

Congrats! Never seen dual shocks like that.

You should also plan on adding B-pillars at a minimum.

Nice engine, Super Flo heads work quite well.

congrats, sweet car do you know anymore about the tranny ?

B pillars were also in the plan and I wish I knew more about the transmission

don't listen to me but i'm pretty sure i see alota orange "01" buggys at glamis, but i remember one with a VW motor like yours at glamis that was leaking major oil. On the other hand nice buggy!

I got it from someone in Oklahoma and he said he took it to glamis once a year so it is a possibility. The guy said if it ever blew up he was going to put a subi in it and said it never let him down. So I guess I will see. I know with experience with friends who have cars it's not if it breaks it is when. I plan on actually DRIVING the car so it will only be a matter of time to find the weak link.

Nice car. Congrats.

post-35194-1248248356.jpgpost-35194-1248248338.jpg

Help!! I am new to forums and not sure how to post, sorry to jump on your thread. I also just picked up a new ride and looking for some sand tires. Can somebody help me out. (408)421-6359

I have Wide 5 bolt pattern.

Congradulations on your new ride. Long drive to Oklahoma, I had lots of fun at Little Sehara, OK.

I had thought about that, just did not know if the maiden voyage should be at night. I picked it up from Oklahoma and stopped at Little Sahara for a couple of hours to make sure everything worked, just didn't feel safe out there with no one else. I did not want to be one of those guys stranded for hours not knowing the area. Everything worked fine and was suprised to feel how much power can be had with a VW motor.

its about time you put some pics up!!!! PM me your address Jim. I found both helmets to go with the parker pumper.

As far as the guy talking about a oil leak. the most it ever dripped was 1-2 drops from the left valve cover and that was after sitting all winter.

BTW. we lowered and moved the seats in the jeep back. Took it to Howiepalooza. it was mostly a Bronco get together, took alot of crap from the Ford guys until we dropped into the first trail.

The Duke Boys would be proud. Congrats!!! VWs are a ton of fun for your first car. Easy to work on and parts are not too expensive. Have fun!