Jump to content

What bike made the biggest impression on you?


Hi turtle
 Share

Recommended Posts

Saw this 1985 suzuki gsxr 750 come to market as a kid and was blown away.  Looked like a race bike for the street.  What's your bike?

Screenshot_20210506-105445_Chrome.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a kid, this:

Yamaha-YZ80-Left-Side-1.jpg?ssl=1

 

Game Changer with the single rear shock. As an adult, this:

s-l1600.jpg

Ferrari of motorcycles.  V-TWIN sounded mean, single sided swingarm.  Timeless style.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saw my cousin's neighbor pull a wheelie on the street as a kid.  First time I'd seen and heard a dirt bike.  I was hooked!

Screenshot_20210506-110650_Gallery.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, South Bay said:

As a kid, this:

Yamaha-YZ80-Left-Side-1.jpg?ssl=1

 

Game Changer with the single rear shock. As an adult, this:

s-l1600.jpg

Ferrari of motorcycles.  V-TWIN sounded mean, single sided swingarm.  Timeless style.

 

Sweet!  As a kid, that yz was the king....Monoshock.  I remember going to the store an swinging a leg over it.  Salesman was holding the bike since I was too small.

That 916 with the single sided swingarm is cool too.  Plus that v-twin sound.  Love it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Moderator

Had several over the years but the one that made the most impact (literally, as I was on it when hit by an illegal with no insurance :lol: ) was my 1986 Fj1200. Image wasn't mine but identical to it. Four cylinders of air-cooled awesomeness :hethan:

fj1200.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1974 XR 75 was my first bike and it was the biggest influence on me as a kid. I got lucky and got a race frame monoshock version,  like and idiot,  i sold it for $500 at the swap meet.  I would kill to have that bike back!! The image below was pretty much my exact bike , but mine had a supertrapp pipe on it.

imageproxy.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Board Moderator

Hahah,,,I just posted about the YZ250 in the other thread...

I always liked the following bikes...

1985 YAM VMAX - remember seeing it at the Motorcycle Expo in LA and they smoked a tire in the outside patio area...

90's HON NT650 Hawk because V Twin Single Swing Arm is just cool

SUZ TL1000S was pretty badass...lots of V Twin Torque

1978 HON CB550F...had it for 2 years, but never got it running...no time...but loved its cafe racer style

80's CB750 was my uncles and I used to joy ride it all the time when he was not home :lol:

70's CT70 because it was the FIRST Motorcycle I ever rode...down in Ensenada MX :crusty:

 

I worked at a Motorcycle Dealership in my 20's...so my love for bikes is big in the 90's era.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

The 1979 Honda cr250.  Even though I raced mini bikes early in my life, dad bought me a 79 250, and I really experienced racing and riding the big bikes at age 14. The feel and power of that bike was so stimulating; I had everything at the twist of that throttle.  My friend Rick(ama pro) and I each had one, and we built so many tracks out in Proctor Valley and all we did was load up bikes in his truck every Saturday and Sunday morning and was on the tracks by 7 am.  I really learned how to ride on that bike.  My favorite bike I ever had. 
94362743-36A7-4E58-B3BF-3A4C149F13F1.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sndsamplr said:

The 1979 Honda cr250.  Even though I raced mini bikes early in my life, dad bought me a 79 250, and I really experienced racing and riding the big bikes at age 14. The feel and power of that bike was so stimulating; I had everything at the twist of that throttle.  My friend Rick(ama pro) and I each had one, and we built so many tracks out in Proctor Valley and all we did was load up bikes in his truck every Saturday and Sunday morning and was on the tracks by 7 am.  I really learned how to ride on that bike.  My favorite bike I ever had. 
94362743-36A7-4E58-B3BF-3A4C149F13F1.jpeg

I got a 1978 CR250 when I was around 14 as well, still in Junior high.  This is the first bike I was amble to climb Jawbone Hill climb.  This pic was taken in Kennedy Meadows around 1983 or so.

honda (2).jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1982 YZ80, with no muffler, black oil all over my pants every time i rode it!!

 

https://img.scgpix.com/listimg/img1_0615/21/img_ntAiyBM6ri.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely not as cool as others but this was my first bike as a kid..... Allowed me to start my first business around town and feel a little freedom. Moped.JPG.e79c87a5433198f33faa95edc21f35d4.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, HozayKwarvo said:

Had several over the years but the one that made the most impact (literally, as I was on it when hit by an illegal with no insurance :lol: ) was my 1986 Fj1200. Image wasn't mine but identical to it. Four cylinders of air-cooled awesomeness :hethan:

fj1200.jpg

Land rocket!  Didn't that bike hold the top speed for that year?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MGMFRP said:

1974 XR 75 was my first bike and it was the biggest influence on me as a kid. I got lucky and got a race frame monoshock version,  like and idiot,  i sold it for $500 at the swap meet.  I would kill to have that bike back!! The image below was pretty much my exact bike , but mine had a supertrapp pipe on it.

imageproxy.jpg

Man that sucks you sold it.  That would be cool in the man cave.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Crusty said:

Hahah,,,I just posted about the YZ250 in the other thread...

I always liked the following bikes...

1985 YAM VMAX - remember seeing it at the Motorcycle Expo in LA and they smoked a tire in the outside patio area...

90's HON NT650 Hawk because V Twin Single Swing Arm is just cool

SUZ TL1000S was pretty badass...lots of V Twin Torque

1978 HON CB550F...had it for 2 years, but never got it running...no time...but loved its cafe racer style

80's CB750 was my uncles and I used to joy ride it all the time when he was not home :lol:

70's CT70 because it was the FIRST Motorcycle I ever rode...down in Ensenada MX :crusty:

 

I worked at a Motorcycle Dealership in my 20's...so my love for bikes is big in the 90's era.

V-max was a mean bike.  That engine was killer.  

Had a 1989 hawk gt because of the single side swingarm and v twin....poor man's ducati....lol.  Had my eye on the cbr600 hurricane, but couldn't afford it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Moderator

 I think it was a 1976 or '77 Yamaha YZ80. First year it came out to compete against the XR75. Bike looks just like Bennydog pic. I was on the gate at Barona Oaks. Still couldn't beat Scott Burnworth or Jeff Ward or Rick Johnson or Brian Myerscough but sure had a great time racing that machine! If those guys never showed up i'd have been a National Champion! Wrong ERA to be racing. Kind of like those who had to race Carmichael and McGrath. Peace 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sndsamplr said:

The 1979 Honda cr250.  Even though I raced mini bikes early in my life, dad bought me a 79 250, and I really experienced racing and riding the big bikes at age 14. The feel and power of that bike was so stimulating; I had everything at the twist of that throttle.  My friend Rick(ama pro) and I each had one, and we built so many tracks out in Proctor Valley and all we did was load up bikes in his truck every Saturday and Sunday morning and was on the tracks by 7 am.  I really learned how to ride on that bike.  My favorite bike I ever had. 
94362743-36A7-4E58-B3BF-3A4C149F13F1.jpeg

Nothing like jumping up to a full size bike.  The good old days when all your focus is going out to ride again.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rivermobster said:

Harley V-Rod...

I told my wife I had to have one!  It wasn't a want, it was a need...

 

 

 

 

20190624_103542.jpg

20190624_103615.jpg

20190624_103634.jpg

20190624_103653.jpg

First liquid cooled bike for harley.  That fat tire was an eye catcher too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Cookie said:

I got a 1978 CR250 when I was around 14 as well, still in Junior high.  This is the first bike I was amble to climb Jawbone Hill climb.  This pic was taken in Kennedy Meadows around 1983 or so.

honda (2).jpg

Catching some nice air!  Nothing like the rush of making that huge climb for the first time.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bennydog said:

1982 YZ80, with no muffler, black oil all over my pants every time i rode it!!

 

https://img.scgpix.com/listimg/img1_0615/21/img_ntAiyBM6ri.jpg

Your mom must have loved it when you rode.  I know my mom would have made me wear the same pants over and over...lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BRANDON LONG said:

Definitely not as cool as others but this was my first bike as a kid..... Allowed me to start my first business around town and feel a little freedom. Moped.JPG.e79c87a5433198f33faa95edc21f35d4.JPG

The only moped you can pedal?  Way better than a bicycle!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Shout Box

Shout Box

You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    Terms of Use Privacy Policy