Did you get the vaccine?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. did you get the vaccine.

• Yep, got it the moment I could.
    • I’m waiting for my turn but thinking of cutting in line.
    • I’ll take it when it’s required by law.
    • I’ll get the vaccine when men with guns hold me down and force me.
    • They’ll never take me alive! Wolverines!

• Forum Moderator
22 hours ago, L.R.S. said:

While makes the vaccine pointless.

you also can still transmit it with if you have the shot. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree, interesting thing happened this weekend, we were out with a bunch of friends, and basically my wife and I were the only ones vaccinated out of about 10 of us.  My wife and I were basica

My parents are fear mongering, liberals.  Been that way for a long time.  The whole family is but me.  Yeah, I constantly get called stupid and crap. Still being the good son that I am, called my

Why get the vaccine after you've already had the virus? Seems like putting on a seatbelt after you crash your car.

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Five.five-six said:

None of that means Schiff unless you have student loans that you can’t  pay off until you retire.  

No student loans here.   And I retired at 43.  I went back to work because I was bored and wanted more stuff...😂

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Squatcher said:

when the shot first came out there were docs dying two weeks after getting there shot.  otherwise totally healthy 50yr old doctor.    I had covid and it took me down for a few weeks.   Why get a shot that is deemed 99% safe when covid is 99.8 survivable.  really still don't see why everyone is rushing to it.  also you know you need the booster and shot every year right? so putting something in your body that really isn't fully tested for a virus(which we have always been told there is no shot for a virus) which is making people just as sick as the problem you are getting the shot for just doesn't make logical sense to me.  I get it if you have under lying conditions or in your 70s sure get it make yourself feel safe.   I do love the reasons for taking it though.  " well why not", "Military shots were worse"- ( my friend has had those military shots and she and her docs now believe that those shots are responsible for her Lupus. she hasn't been the same since she had that shot and been dealing with this for YEARS.  )  take the shot to stop the spread and so on.  There are just as many giving basic excuses not to get the shot.   Lets all agree on one thing it is a persons choice to get it or not. NO ONE should be judged either way if they take it or don't.  

100% agree with the last sentence. Too many variables out there, everyone needs to make their own decisions. One of my (adult) kids got it because of working with at risk individuals the other adult kid will never get it regardless, their choice...

On 5/8/2021 at 4:26 PM, Mac said:

No student loans here.   And I retired at 43.  I went back to work because I was bored and wanted more stuff...😂

Yore welcome. 

On 5/8/2021 at 10:42 AM, Squatcher said:

Lets all agree on one thing it is a persons choice to get it or not. NO ONE should be judged either way if they take it or don't.  

Totally agree, interesting thing happened this weekend, we were out with a bunch of friends, and basically my wife and I were the only ones vaccinated out of about 10 of us.  My wife and I were basically told we are idiots for getting the shots, these are good friends as well.  After about 10 minutes of them really targeting at us, we got up and went and talk to some other friends that were in the bar.  My wife was in tears.................sad that people can't respect other people's decisions.

The reason I got the shot was simple, my Mother in law almost died from Covid and both my parents were scared as well, me getting the shot made them more comfortable being around us being vaccinated than not.  Also, I work in sales, it is asked 50% time when I go on an appt.  

I don't care if people don't want to get it, that is their choice, but for me, my family, my customers it is a safer alternative IMHO.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Board Moderator

It's tough to be Moderate in today's world, the extreme right and left views are quick to call out those not in agreement with them.

That is people are near the edge and exhausted from this past year....no matter what you believe about it, its impacted our daily routines in some form and most folks don't do well with change that is forced upon them.

If your lucky to be @Bababouy up in Idaho, the worst of COVID-19 was Keystone Beer went up $1.25.

Sucks your "Friends" went on the attack like that @Cookie ....eff those guys. We'd would have had strongly emphasized words.

• Like 6
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Cookie said:

"My good friends are bholes (or something like that)

"I don't care if people don't want to get it, that is their choice, but for me, my family, my customers it is a safer alternative IMHO."

I absolutely respect your decision. 

Crazy and appalling though how many people have let this strain and even ruin relationships.
Believe me, in the same way you have seen this with a group of people who have chosen not to get the vaccine, I have seen the same from people who have received it who try and make people feel like pariahs if we haven't.

It's too bad there are people on both "sides" who can't respect other people's decision if they get it or don't. 

Edited by luvdunin
what the heck?? we can't say bholes?
  • Like 3

In 2006, they tried the "first in man" clinical trials of monoclonal antibodies on 8 men in London in a clinic attached to a hospital. The reason they only use men for clinical trials is because men are affected by the injection and women are affected by their hormones during the entire month plus whatever they are injected with, making tracking symptoms that much more difficult. Within an hour, it became apparent that 2 of the men were given the placebo and the other 6 were suffering from extreme symptoms of a cytokine storm - coincidentally the same reaction that kills Covid-19 patients, not the virus itself.

It took 2 weeks of intensive care to save the 6 men from multiorgan shutdown. All of them had their RNA permanently altered, one of them so severely that he and his wife were cautioned not to have children. 

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn9226-uk-drug-trial-disaster-the-official-report/

• Like 1
  • Forum Moderator

I've never taken the Flu shot. Survived that one. It's all of a sudden disappeared. This Plandemic didn't get to the Amish people. They don't have TV's. Peace 

• Like 4
  • Forum Moderator
50 minutes ago, luvdunin said:

"I don't care if people don't want to get it, that is their choice, but for me, my family, my customers it is a safer alternative IMHO."

I absolutely respect your decision. 

Crazy and appalling though how many people have let this strain and even ruin relationships.
Believe me, in the same way you have seen this with a group of people who have chosen not to get the vaccine, I have seen the same from people who have received it who try and make people feel like pariahs if we haven't.

It's too bad there are people on both "sides" who can't respect other people's decision if they get it or don't. 

Just like politics. I don't remember hating the other side of the table. Unless you tried to eat my plate! Peace 

• Haha 2
On 5/7/2021 at 8:26 AM, basketcase said:

Can’t require an ID to vote but can require a vaccine ID to do anything else.  

Dafuq is going on here?

• Like 6
14 hours ago, ChEFF said:

I've never taken the Flu shot. Survived that one. It's all of a sudden disappeared. This Plandemic didn't get to the Amish people. They don't have TV's. Peace 

32,000,000 (2019) to 1842 (2020) cases....it's a miracle I tell you :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, luvdunin said:

32,000,000 (2019) to 1842 (2020) cases....it's a miracle I tell you :rolleyes:

This was explained to me last night.... see, the masks stopped the flu...because masks are really effective n stuff. 

• Haha 2
  • Forum Moderator
39 minutes ago, Five.five-six said:

This was explained to me last night.... see, the masks stopped the flu...because masks are really effective n stuff. 

The masks have helped us ugly people too. I've gotten a lot of compliments lately. Peace

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Five.five-six said:

Isn't it crazy how people will actually say this without realizing how stupid they sound??
Just like some of the other "facts" I have heard people spew.

And if you haven't seen this, it's actually pretty interesting...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was on the fence, flipped a coin, and signed on for the vax. I definitely see both sides on this.  I will say that both shots(Moderna)made me sick as a dog for @two days. Not fun.

17 hours ago, Lord of the Dunes said:

In 2006, they tried the "first in man" clinical trials of monoclonal antibodies on 8 men in London in a clinic attached to a hospital. The reason they only use men for clinical trials is because men are affected by the injection and women are affected by their hormones during the entire month plus whatever they are injected with, making tracking symptoms that much more difficult. Within an hour, it became apparent that 2 of the men were given the placebo and the other 6 were suffering from extreme symptoms of a cytokine storm - coincidentally the same reaction that kills Covid-19 patients, not the virus itself.

It took 2 weeks of intensive care to save the 6 men from multiorgan shutdown. All of them had their RNA permanently altered, one of them so severely that he and his wife were cautioned not to have children. 

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn9226-uk-drug-trial-disaster-the-official-report/

Quick search, "natalizumab" is a monoclonal antibody and the trials were in 1999. The article you linked to was found to be a poorly managed test.

"Results from the initial clinical trials of natalizumab were published in two papers in 1999. These studies indicated that natalizumab was safe and well-tolerated. Among patients with active relapsing–remitting MS or secondary progressive MS, the mean number of new active lesions detected over the first 12 weeks was significantly lower for patients who received natalizumab (1.8) than for those who received placebo (3.6). Similarly, the number of new gadolinium-enhancing lesions was lower (a mean of 1.6 versus 3.3)".

I'm neither for or against the "vaccine" I think it is a personal choice so much so that I do not share whether I have or have not gotten it even with my friends as everyone is so strangely polarized and judgmental over it. It's right up there with politics and religion these days :coocoo:

• Like 3
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, luvdunin said:

Isn't it crazy how people will actually say this without realizing how stupid they sound??
Just like some of the other "facts" I have heard people spew.

And if you haven't seen this, it's actually pretty interesting...

"Real Time" Liberal host Bill Maher closed his show Friday night by sounding the alarm on China's growing dominance over the United States.

"You're not going to win the battle for the 21st century if you are a silly people. And Americans are a silly people," Maher began the monologue, alluding to a "Lawrence of Arabia" quote.

Do you know who doesn't care that there's a stereotype of a Chinese man in a Dr Seuss book? China," he said. "All 1.4 billion of them couldn't give a crouching tiger flying Eff because they're not a silly people. If anything, they are as serious as a prison fight."

Maher acknowledged that China does "bad stuff" from the concentration camps of Uyghur Muslims to its treatment of Hong Kong.

But he stressed, "There's got to be something between an authoritarian government that tells everyone what to do and a representative government that can't do anything at all."

"In two generations, China has built 500 entire cities from scratch, moved the majority of their huge population from poverty to the middle class, and mostly cornered the market in 5G and pharmaceuticals. Oh, and they bought Africa," Maher said, pointing to China's global Silk Road infrastructure initiative.

He continued: "In China alone, they have 40,000 kilometres of high-speed rail. America has none. ... We've been having Infrastructure Week every week since 2009 but we never do anything. Half the country is having a never-ending woke competition deciding whether Mr. Potato Head has a d--- and the other half believes we have to stop the lizard people because they're eating babies. We are a silly people.

"Nothing ever moves in this impacted colon of a country. We see a problem and we ignore it, lie about it, fight about it, endlessly litigate it, sunset clause it, kick it down the road, and then write a bill where a half-assed solution doesn't kick in for 10 years," Maher explained. "China sees a problem and they fix it. They build a dam. We debate what to rename it."

The HBO star cited how it took "ten years" for a bus line in San Francisco to pass its environmental review and how it took "16 years" to build the Big Dig tunnel in Boston, comparing that to a 57-story skyscraper that China built in "19 days" and Beijing's Sanyuan Bridge, which was demolished and rebuilt in "43 hours."

"We binge-watch,  they binge-build. When COVID hit Wuhan, the city built a quarantine centre with 4,000 rooms in 10 days and they barely had to use it because they quickly arrested the rest of the disease," Maher said. "They were back to throwing raves in swimming pools while we were stuck at home surfing the dark web for black market Charmin. We're not losing to China, we lost. The returns just haven't all come in yet. They've made robots that check a kid's temperature and got their asses back in school. Most of our kids are still pretending to take Zoom classes while they watch TikTok and their brain cells fully commit ritual suicide."

Maher then blasted Democratic New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, accusing him of degrading school standards by eliminating merit and substituting a lottery system for admittance to schools for advanced learners.

"Do you think China's doing that, letting political correctness get in the way of nurturing their best and brightest?" Maher continued. "Do you think Chinese colleges are offering courses in 'The Philosophy of Star Trek, 'The Sociology of Seinfeld,' and 'Surviving the Coming Zombie Apocalypse'? Those are real and so is China. And they are eating our lunch. And believe me, in an hour, they'll be hungry again."

Edited by Five.five-six
  • Like 5
36 minutes ago, Five.five-six said:

foxtrot umbrella charlie kilo tango hotel echo victor alpha x-ray

Vaccines cure disease

• Forum Moderator

"EFF The Japs"

Who said that?

Harry Truman 1945

Peace

• Like 2
18 hours ago, MWB said:

Vaccines cure disease

um, no they don't.

May get there someday - but as of right now they prevent, not cure.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, luvdunin said:

um, no they don't.

May get there someday - but as of right now they prevent, not cure.

I was going to point that out but left it alone.  You are correct.  

My wife got her 2nd shot 2 days ago

She is sick in bed and extra grumpy today.

I reminded her that I told her not to get the vaccine which made her mad... then she got mad at me because I didn’t take the shots. I told her “my body my choice” which seemed to aggravate her even more!  I told her to just calm down but that didn’t work.  I just threw up my arms and left for work.

Supper had better be on time tonight.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
19 minutes ago, Five.five-six said:

I was going to point that out but left it alone.  You are correct.  

My wife got her 2nd shot 2 days ago

She is sick in bed and extra grumpy today.

I reminded her that I told her not to get the vaccine which made her mad... then she got mad at me because I didn’t take the shots. I told her “my body my choice” which seemed to aggravate her even more!  I told her to just calm down but that didn’t work.  I just threw up my arms and left for work.

Supper had better be on time tonight.   

I have faith that you will have her dinner prepped and served to her on time tonight... 😂

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)

My parents are fear mongering, liberals.  Been that way for a long time.  The whole family is but me.  Yeah, I constantly get called stupid and crap.

Still being the good son that I am, called my Mom on Mother's day.  Almost right away she asks me..."did you get your vaccine yet?"  No Mom...  "Are you going to?"  No Mom.   And that pretty much ruined the phone call.  She proceeded to tell me her or my Dad won't be seeing me until I do.   Well...nice knowing you guys.

Meh...I left home at 18 and never looked back.  My Mom and Dad were the only ones I still talk to and even without a plandemic...I would go years without seeing them.  I don't buy into the whole "family" BS.  I don't care who they are...if anyone treats you like crap, bye.  I don't need to waste time on crappy people no matter who you are.

Edited by Mac
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2