Jump to content

Did you get the vaccine?  

84 members have voted

  1. 1. did you get the vaccine.

    • Yep, got it the moment I could.
    • I’m waiting for my turn but thinking of cutting in line.
    • I’ll take it when it’s required by law.
    • I’ll get the vaccine when men with guns hold me down and force me.
    • They’ll never take me alive! Wolverines!


Recommended Posts

So now that the CDC has come out and said vaccinated people can be indoors without masks, if a place of business asks you if you are vaccinated (when you haven't been), because we all know that everyone won't be wearing a mask, will you just lie?  Will you lie in front of your children?  

 

Disclaimer because peeps take too many thing too seriously:  I am asking for a friend and I don't really care other than I wouldn't lie in front of my kids to fit in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree, interesting thing happened this weekend, we were out with a bunch of friends, and basically my wife and I were the only ones vaccinated out of about 10 of us.  My wife and I were basica

My parents are fear mongering, liberals.  Been that way for a long time.  The whole family is but me.  Yeah, I constantly get called stupid and crap. Still being the good son that I am, called my

Why get the vaccine after you've already had the virus? Seems like putting on a seatbelt after you crash your car.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mac said:

My parents are fear mongering liberals.  Been that way for a long time.  The whole family is but me.  Yeah, I constantly get called stupid and Crap.

Still being the good son that I am, called my Mom on Mother's day.  Almost right away she asks me..."did you get your vaccine yet?"  No Mom...  "Are you going to?"  No Mom.   And that pretty much ruined the phone call.  She proceeded to tell me her or my Dad won't be seeing me until I do.   Well...nice knowing you guys.

Meh...I left home at 18 and never looked back.  My Mom and Dad were the only ones I still talk to and even without a plandemic...I would go years without seeing them.  I don't buy into the whole "family" BS.  I don't care who they are...if anyone treats you like Crap, bye.  I don't need to waste time on Crapty people no matter who you are.

There is the MAC we know and love.........................

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cookie said:

There is the MAC we know and love.........................

:lol:

You kick someone down over and over...eventually they will leave.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Have a guy and his crew demoing a bathroom today. He shows up with a mask and I ask him if he's vaccinated? He said, yeah, 2nd shot 4 weeks ago, .. I'm like I'm about 10 days since the last one, ... you can lose the mask if you want to.

If he had said he wasn't vaccinated, I still would have said, you can lose the mask if you're OK with it.

I had no side effects from my shot. The vaccine isn't something I'm worried about... as I stated before, only ABC.. can kill.. ABC.

ABC

Edited by ANGRYBUTTCRACK
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Five.five-six said:

I was going to point that out but left it alone.  You are correct.  

 

My wife got her 2nd shot 2 days ago

 

She is sick in bed and extra grumpy today.

 

Supper had better be on time tonight.   

Or what?

Can we come visit you when you get transferred from the ER to ICU?

:lol:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ANGRYBUTTCRACK said:

Have a guy and his crew demoing a bathroom today. He shows up with a mask and I ask him if he's vaccinated? He said, yeah, 2nd shot 4 weeks ago, .. I'm like I'm about 10 days since the last one, ... you can lose the mask if you want to.

If he had said he wasn't vaccinated, I still would have said, you can lose the mask if you're OK with it.

I had no side effects from my shot. The vaccine isn't something I'm worried about... as I stated before, only ABC.. can kill.. ABC.

ABC

I still hang with all my friends that aren't vaccinated without a mask, not something I am going to lose sleep over.  The only ones still promoting masks are unions (schools) and large businesses (Liability concerns and politics).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cookie said:

So now that the CDC has come out and said vaccinated people can be indoors without masks, if a place of business asks you if you are vaccinated (when you haven't been), because we all know that everyone won't be wearing a mask, will you just lie?  Will you lie in front of your children?  

 

Disclaimer because peeps take too many thing too seriously:  I am asking for a friend and I don't really care other than I wouldn't lie in front of my kids to fit in.

 

Methinks that since it's impossible for store workers to to determine who is and isn't vaccinated, large companies (and possibly smaller ones if their local .gov enforces it) will, ask that people continue masking for their safety and peace of mind.

This will continue until enough people get vaccinated (around 70% of the population) or the case counts get so low that it becomes a non-issue.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I live in Havasu.  We were coming here last summer because most everything was still open.  My wife and I bought a second home here and after a couple weeks of being here, sold my place in San Diego and never looked back.  This whole time, masks were really only required at the big box stores and such. 

And guess what?  COVID hasn't really been an issue here.  Yeah some people have gotten it, a few have died.  I would have thought it would be a ground zero with all the retirees and snowbirds that came here, not to mention all the people from CA and Vegas goers that came here because things were still open.  Nope.  

Havasu has still held city and community events, no masks or BS.  It's as if COVID hasn't existed here despite Federal and State orders.

Edited by Mac
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AlpineFunco said:

 

 

I have faith that you will have her dinner prepped and served to her on time tonight... 😂

 

 

 

 

 

He might as well get the shot now it is a no win situation for him.   The possible side effects from the shot will be nothing compared to the side effects if he gets the sniffles

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Mac said:

My parents are fear mongering, liberals.  Been that way for a long time.  The whole family is but me.  Yeah, I constantly get called stupid and crap.

Still being the good son that I am, called my Mom on Mother's day.  Almost right away she asks me..."did you get your vaccine yet?"  No Mom...  "Are you going to?"  No Mom.   And that pretty much ruined the phone call.  She proceeded to tell me her or my Dad won't be seeing me until I do.   Well...nice knowing you guys.

Meh...I left home at 18 and never looked back.  My Mom and Dad were the only ones I still talk to and even without a plandemic...I would go years without seeing them.  I don't buy into the whole "family" BS.  I don't care who they are...if anyone treats you like crap, bye.  I don't need to waste time on crappy people no matter who you are.

Are we related??
 

Though I don't get called stupid, I do get told to "do some research" about a lot of this stuff. You know, from the people telling me the vaccine IS FDA approved, that you can't get COVID once you're fully vaccinated and other tidbits of completely incorrect information....yet I'm the one who needs to do some research...lol

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, luvdunin said:

Are we related??
 

Though I don't get called stupid, I do get told to "do some research" about a lot of this stuff.

You know, from the people telling me the vaccine IS FDA approved, that you can't get COVID once you're fully vaccinated and other tidbits of completely incorrect information....yet I'm the one who needs to do some research...lol

 

You can't reason with people that get their news and education from Facebook, haha

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Cookie said:

So now that the CDC has come out and said vaccinated people can be indoors without masks, if a place of business asks you if you are vaccinated (when you haven't been), because we all know that everyone won't be wearing a mask, will you just lie?  Will you lie in front of your children?  

 

Disclaimer because peeps take too many thing too seriously:  I am asking for a friend and I don't really care other than I wouldn't lie in front of my kids to fit in.

Nope - in fact after 2 years of planning a HYUGE week long celebration for my parents 70th anniversary and 90th birthdays (last year)with my 7 brothers and sisters, I have now been "uninvited" due to the fact that I was honest and let them know I would not be vaccinated by next month (and might not be vaccinated even after that).

It would have been easier to just lie - heck, I could have had a fake vaccine card easily - but anyone who knows me knows that is not an option.

They are ALL vaccinated - no one even seems to understand that I actually have more to fear from them then they do from me.

I, like MAC, sit here and actually don't know if I will ever see my (almost 91 now) parents again due to this BS. Part of what I was referring to the other day Alex about how amazed I have been to see the strain this has put on relationships. Unlike MAC though, my relationship has always been great with my parents and "most" of my siblings and I still somewhat stunned this has even been an issue.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cookie said:

You can't reason with people that get their news and education from Facebook, haha

Honestly, I don't know where they are getting it from - that's why I posted that Bill Maher clip the other day about how all these people who keep talking about "science" are SO far off on their beliefs that it is comical!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hesitant and didn't want it till a lot more people got it.

I ended up getting the J&J single shot, 1 and done!

Arm hurt...that's it.

I'm 50, and my wife is 47, she got the Moderna shots...she had to get it being in the food industry. after she got hers I thought, wtf....Ok, I'll do it.

Most of my family has gotten it too.

And, NO...I don't ever get a flu shot.

Oh well....it's done, not gonna lose sleep over it as I feel no different!

Here are some before and after shots...see, nothing to worry about!

:dbart: 

 

IMG_20210503_192434387.jpg

D-Bartley_Post Vaccine.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, MWB said:

He might as well get the shot now it is a no win situation for him.   The possible side effects from the shot will be nothing compared to the side effects if he gets the sniffles

 

 

Are you effing kidding?  If I get the sniffles, I QT for 2 weeks in the trailer.  It’s horrible! Nobody drinks my last coke, nobody eats my food, there isn’t a new mess all over the place every time I get home. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, luvdunin said:

Nope - in fact after 2 years of planning a HYUGE week long celebration for my parents 70th anniversary and 90th birthdays (last year)with my 7 brothers and sisters, I have now been "uninvited" due to the fact that I was honest and let them know I would not be vaccinated by next month (and might not be vaccinated even after that).

It would have been easier to just lie - heck, I could have had a fake vaccine card easily - but anyone who knows me knows that is not an option.

They are ALL vaccinated - no one even seems to understand that I actually have more to fear from them then they do from me.

I, like MAC, sit here and actually don't know if I will ever see my (almost 91 now) parents again due to this BS. Part of what I was referring to the other day Alex about how amazed I have been to see the strain this has put on relationships. Unlike MAC though, my relationship has always been great with my parents and "most" of my siblings and I still somewhat stunned this has even been an issue.

Back during Christmas, my entire family was uninvited to Christmas with my in laws.  We have been living our life, going out to bars (yes they were open without mask around us in CA), two kids at college partying it up, and the other living in Downtown Scottsdale being single, while the in laws have been sitting around for nine months.  10 days after Christmas (which we went to Glamis instead), 8 of 9 came down with covid from being together at Christmas.  At first my thoughts were Karma, but then reality set in when both my Wife's parents had to be hospitalized.  Her dad was only in the hospital for a couple of days, her Mom 6 weeks, she is lucky to still be with us.  They are both older, but were in perfect health beforehand.  Point being, that people, especially family, are drawing these lines.................sucks

Edited by Cookie
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, luvdunin said:

I, like MAC, sit here and actually don't know if I will ever see my (almost 91 now) parents again due to this BS. Part of what I was referring to the other day Alex about how amazed I have been to see the strain this has put on relationships. Unlike MAC though, my relationship has always been great with my parents and "most" of my siblings and I still somewhat stunned this has even been an issue.

I have a few other reasons...

I was adopted and always reminded and treated different than the 2 biological siblings.  Being the physical punching bag while everyone else just watched over the most simplest and stupidest Crap...kind of ruins your opinion on family.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mac said:

I have a few other reasons...

I was adopted and always reminded and treated different than the 2 biological siblings.  Being the physical punching bag while everyone else just watched over the most simplest and stupidest Crap...kind of ruins your opinion on family.

Well.
I've always respected you and your accomplishments (except for the bag of dog crap...lol) and I just do that much more now.
I know also you're not looking for ANYONE to feel bad for you, but I sure do feel for five year old Mac and wish I could go back and give him a great big hug. I'm glad you have moved forward and found (and built) the relationships you have now!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, luvdunin said:

Well.
I've always respected you and your accomplishments (except for the bag of dog crap...lol) and I just do that much more now.
I know also you're not looking for ANYONE to feel bad for you, but I sure do feel for five year old Mac and wish I could go back and give him a great big hug. I'm glad you have moved forward and found (and built) the relationships you have now!

Nope, never looking for anyone to feel sorry for me.

But thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
9 minutes ago, Mac said:

Nope, never looking for anyone to feel sorry for me.

But thanks.

I feel sorry for you...:beavis:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Stugots said:

I feel sorry for you...:beavis:

 

41lInFRG78L._SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_ML2_.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

MAC hanging out in Havasu!

Mask Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fng said:

MAC hanging out in Havasu!

Mask Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

:lol:

Not even dude.  I'm the anti COVID....it's doesn't exist!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
2 minutes ago, Mac said:

:lol:

Not even dude.  I'm the anti COVID....it's doesn't exist!

Ok, then I'll revise!

drunk old school GIF by Paramount Movies

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, fng said:

Ok, then I'll revise!

drunk old school GIF by Paramount Movies

More like

 

Running Man Happy Dance GIF by MOODMAN

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Shout Box

Shout Box

You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    Terms of Use Privacy Policy