Did you get the vaccine?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. did you get the vaccine.

• Yep, got it the moment I could.
    • I’m waiting for my turn but thinking of cutting in line.
    • I’ll take it when it’s required by law.
    • I’ll get the vaccine when men with guns hold me down and force me.
    • They’ll never take me alive! Wolverines!

On 6/8/2021 at 8:24 PM, Bansh88 said:

Here's an odd one. 

We are hiring a new person at work.  They went for their medical screening yesterday.  Because they recently had their covid vaccine shot, they were not able to have a TB test.  Apparently, for 4 weeks after a Covid shot, it can result in a false positive TB test. 

This was a first for our specific HR dept and a certain temporary waiver for TB test is being worked on.

No mammograms either for a while after. Was 4 weeks - I think they're TOPping 6 or 8 weeks now? Don't remember, all I know is it changed.

Edited by luvdunin
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree, interesting thing happened this weekend, we were out with a bunch of friends, and basically my wife and I were the only ones vaccinated out of about 10 of us.  My wife and I were basica

My parents are fear mongering, liberals.  Been that way for a long time.  The whole family is but me.  Yeah, I constantly get called stupid and crap. Still being the good son that I am, called my

Why get the vaccine after you've already had the virus? Seems like putting on a seatbelt after you crash your car.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, luvdunin said:

No mammograms either for a while after. Was 4 weeks - I think they're TOPping 6 or 8 weeks now? Don't remember, all I know is it changed.

Between this and 2 employees getting sick from the vaccine shot, I've lost more man hours from the "cure" than the "virus".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bansh88 said:

Between this and 2 employees getting sick from the vaccine shot, I've lost more man hours from the "cure" than the "virus".

You lost hours due to their medical issues?

Two people on the "fully vaccinated" cruise ship now in quarantine - wonder how long this ship will need to sit with passengers on it in some port somewhere?

• Forum Moderator
On 6/9/2021 at 4:08 PM, South Bay said:

11fb6a49b00c8c0f628003b9786aa14c

Jon Rahm.  For whatever reason, Mr.Rahm is apparently not vaccinated and came into contact with somebody who had the 'rona early last week.  He tested positive on Saturday while leading Jack Nicklaus' tourney by 6 shots and was informed after he finished his third round, at which point he had to withdraw (as defending Champion too). 

Cost him a cool $1.6 million if he'd gone on to win.  Ouch . . .

https://sports.yahoo.com/opinion-not-stretch-jon-rahms-205408287.html

I've thrown millions out the window too! Yea Right chEFF. What a total bummer for Rahm! Peace

1 hour ago, Five.five-six said:

I still think they are lying when they say 70% of American adults have gotten at least one jab. 

They aren't - less than 50%.   OOPS - editing to add that as of June 8th, CDC reports 51.7% have at least one shot.

The goal is 70%

Edited by luvdunin
  • Like 2
On 6/9/2021 at 3:08 PM, South Bay said:

11fb6a49b00c8c0f628003b9786aa14c

Jon Rahm.  For whatever reason, Mr.Rahm is apparently not vaccinated and came into contact with somebody who had the 'rona early last week.  He tested positive on Saturday while leading Jack Nicklaus' tourney by 6 shots and was informed after he finished his third round, at which point he had to withdraw (as defending Champion too). 

Cost him a cool $1.6 million if he'd gone on to win.  Ouch . . .

https://sports.yahoo.com/opinion-not-stretch-jon-rahms-205408287.html

You're making a pretty big assumption there - as evidenced by the 2 people on the fully vaccinated cruise ship that have now tested positive also and are in quarantine.
There have been plenty of "breakthrough" cases (i.e. vaccine failures) reported.

On 6/8/2021 at 3:19 PM, Cookie said:

So they would have died with or without the vaccine is the point.............just like you can still get the flu after getting a flu shot.  One thing to note, nobody has died because they got the shot, at least not proven.  

@HEADINJURY may have a difference of opinion on this statement. I know you said proven, but will they ever really tell us if it happens? I mean, knowing how corrupt the system is...

Edited by Orange_R
  • Like 1

I still think they are lying when they say 70% of American adults have gotten at least one jab. 

I just looked.  We are sitting at just over 50% for one shot.  Not gonna make Xiden goal of 70% for July 1st.  Aw shucks...

And the fully vaccinated group is even further behind.

4 minutes ago, basketcase said:

I just looked.  We are sitting at just over 50% for one shot.  Not gonna make Xiden goal of 70% for July 1st.  Aw shucks...

And the fully vaccinated group is even further behind.

The funny part is that 15% had already gotten their Trump vaccine jabs before Xiden put his hand on the Bible.  

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, luvdunin said:

You're making a pretty big assumption there - as evidenced by the 2 people on the fully vaccinated cruise ship that have now tested positive also and are in quarantine.
There have been plenty of "breakthrough" cases (i.e. vaccine failures) reported.

Not making any assumptions.  I said "apparently" and that was based on the article I cited in my post.  Sucks either way, but having read other articles, the PGA Tour does not require tests for fully vaccinated players and players who are fully vaccinated only have to quarantine if they show symptoms after coming into contact with an infected person.  So if Mr. Rahm was being tested after coming into contact with someone who was positive, chances are good that he was not fully vaxxed  . . .

Edited to add that "they" all say that no vaccine is 100% effective (Pfizer / Moderna both claim 90+% efficacy), so given that roughly 140 million persons in the US are fully vaccinated, it is not surprising at all that some will still get the 'rona (ie not a "breakthrough case or vaccine failure). 

Edited by South Bay
  • Like 1

Ohhh I better go get vaccinated asap for a chance to win in some sort of lottery. Up to a Million dollars! Oh boy! Can't wait. 🤣

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Five.five-six said:

The funny part is that 15% had already gotten their Trump vaccine jabs before Xiden put his hand on the Bible.  

Care to cite a source?

And so it begins, next it will be armed tactical entry teams going door to door on search and D̶e̶s̶t̶r̶o̶y̶ vaccinate missions 

2 week unpaid suspension for failing to have their DNA experimented on. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/06/08/houston-hospital-workers-suspended-vaccine/

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, South Bay said:

Care to cite a source?

I don't know his source, but I do know a group of elders(my inlaws and all their friends) from Redondo, Manhatten and Hermosa that all had the first shot by the beginning of January. They were all of the mindset that they would absolutely perish without it so they all rushed in as soon as it was announced. Wouldn't really be a surprise if the number was close

35 minutes ago, Five.five-six said:

I may not be very good at math, but using the google search above, its says the former President vaccinated 13.5 million people.

Unless yore using some funny math I don't know about, 13.5 million in a Country with 300 million comes it at 4.5%, which, unless I'm wrong, is substantially less than 15%.  Crap, it doesn't even equal 10% of the 140 million Americans who are fully vaxxed as of today . .

14 minutes ago, Orange_R said:

I don't know his source, but I do know a group of elders(my inlaws and all their friends) from Redondo, Manhatten and Hermosa that all had the first shot by the beginning of January. They were all of the mindset that they would absolutely perish without it so they all rushed in as soon as it was announced. Wouldn't really be a surprise if the number was close

Was actually 5% January 20th - hit 15% Feb 28th

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, South Bay said:

I may not be very good at math, but using the google search above, its says the former President vaccinated 13.5 million people.

Unless yore using some funny math I don't know about, 13.5 million in a Country with 300 million comes it at 4.5%, which, unless I'm wrong, is substantially less than 15%.  Crap, it doesn't even equal 10% of the 140 million Americans who are fully vaxxed as of today . .

Not good at math but you do seem top of the class at moving goalposts, there aren’t 300 million adults in America unless you are trying to give Xiden credit for the vaccine Trump created. 

HTH

36 minutes ago, Five.five-six said:

Not good at math but you do seem top of the class at moving goalposts, there aren’t 300 million adults in America unless you are trying to give Xiden credit for the vaccine Trump created. 

HTH

That’s right. And if you want to look even deeper then 13.5 million people is probably a lot more than 15%  of people that were eligible or “allowed” to get the vaccine at the time. When Trump left office the group of people eligible to get the vaccine was only a fraction of US population. 

11 minutes ago, Five.five-six said:

HTH

Google tells me there are 209,128,094 Adults in America, so we can use that number if you like.

Regarding vaccination development, there was already an established body of knowledge on corona viruses due to the previous SARS (2003) and MERS (2013) outbreaks, which last time I checked predate Trump's presidency. 

China released the COVID 19 genetic sequence in January of 2020 and researches started working on it then.  At the time, Trump was praising China's response to the 'rona and was downplaying it's potential for spread in the US.

Trump didn't declare a State of Emergency in the U.S. until March and Operation Warp Speed wasn't announced until May.  Pfizer took no OWS $$ for vaccine development.

6 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

That’s right. And if you want to look even deeper then 13.5 million people is probably a lot more than 15%  of people that were eligible or “allowed” to get the vaccine at the time. When Trump left office the group of people eligible to get the vaccine was only a fraction of US population. 

Oh NO!  Not at all, not 10 seconds after the inauguration, Xiden revamped the entire logistics and production of the vaccines and Xiden should get all the credit n stuff.

One of my customers is a phase one testing hospital.  I actually installed the cameras and the sub 80 degree freezer and surveillance system and a 2 factor access controls system specifically for one of the popular MRNA candidate trials (I won’t say which one). I’m an electrician, not a research doctor however I have been providing them all their electrical and structured cabling for decades.  I know a little something about the clinical trials process because I am constantly installing things to facilitate various trials and I have to read the sponsor’s specifications and integrate compliance.   What was done to get these experimental vaccine candidates pumped into people’s arms in less than 5 years is nothing short of miraculous.  

Tony Fauci has been trying to pump his MRNA into peopl’s arms for 20 years and finally he got his chance and Trump was his unwitting accomplice.   Without Trump’s completely outside the box “warp speed” we’d still be waiting for the vaccine a year from now.  

Good job Biden!    

15 minutes ago, South Bay said:

Google tells me there are 209,128,094 Adults in America, so we can use that number if you like.

Regarding vaccination development, there was already an established body of knowledge on corona viruses due to the previous SARS (2003) and MERS (2013) outbreaks, which last time I checked predate Trump's presidency. 

China released the COVID 19 genetic sequence in January of 2020 and researches started working on it then.  At the time, Trump was praising China's response to the 'rona and was downplaying it's potential for spread in the US.

Trump didn't declare a State of Emergency in the U.S. until March and Operation Warp Speed wasn't announced until May.  Pfizer took no OWS $$ for vaccine development.

You must learn everything you know from Rachel Maddow because “Pfizer took no OWS $$ for vaccine development.” while technically correct, is only a small portion of what warp speed encompassed. Established companies like Pfizer already have massive development budgets every year, they didn’t need the money, they already had the money budgeted for 2020 research before the pandemic.  

That’s why I love listening to Maddow, she is an expert at taking an irrelevant piece of minutia and  marketing it as integral. It’s as entertaining as the onion.  

Oh NO!  Not at all, not 10 seconds after the inauguration, Xiden revamped the entire logistics and production of the vaccines and Xiden should get all the credit n stuff.

One of my customers is a phase one testing hospital.  I actually installed the cameras and the sub 80 degree freezer and surveillance system and a 2 factor access controls system specifically for one of the popular MRNA candidate trials (I won’t say which one). I’m an electrician, not a research doctor however I have been providing them all their electrical and structured cabling for decades.  I know a little something about the clinical trials process because I am constantly installing things to facilitate various trials and I have to read the sponsor’s specifications and integrate compliance.   What was done to get these experimental vaccine candidates pumped into people’s arms in less than 5 years is nothing short of miraculous.  

Tony Fauci has been trying to pump his MRNA into peopl’s arms for 20 years and finally he got his chance and Trump was his unwitting accomplice.   Without Trump’s completely outside the box “warp speed” we’d still be waiting for the vaccine a year from now.  

Good job Biden!    

I guess what I meant to say was that my statement would have been accurate up until the moment Trump stepped gracefully down and xiden clumsily tried to step up

• Like 1