HarleyGlamis

Apb ! Stolen Trailer And Sandrail ! !

I'm glad you got your frame back, but I'd have been a lot happier if you got the whole rail back intact!

As for the member who doesn't have any info on the person he supposedly bought the frame from, I also share your opinion about it being BS. Either he was in on the theft or he at least knows the name of the person he bought it from. It didn't just fall out of the sky in his lap.

At the risk of being called an idiot,I have no info on/who I've sold ANY of my toys to over the years and have to just feel that is jumping to conclusions unless there is more to the story. Why should this guy that is the new victim know anything ? He lost his buggy in this deal(possibly).How did you prove it was your frame? Just curious. Edited by fabr

I'm glad you got your frame back, but I'd have been a lot happier if you got the whole rail back intact!

As for the member who doesn't have any info on the person he supposedly bought the frame from, I also share your opinion about it being BS. Either he was in on the theft or he at least knows the name of the person he bought it from. It didn't just fall out of the sky in his lap.

At the risk of being called an idiot,I have no info on/who I've sold ANY of my toys to over the years and have to just feel that is jumping to conclusions unless there is more to the story. Why should this guy that is the new victim know anything ? He lost his buggy in this deal(possibly).How did you prove it was your frame? Just curious.

I usually keep my bill of sale for a couple years, then when I'm purging my file cabinet I'll toss them out. I also usually fill out the DMV release of liability, I figure they will have the records stored if I really need sales info in the future. I'd be curious to hear more of this story.

At the risk of being called an idiot,I have no info on/who I've sold ANY of my toys to over the years and have to just feel that is jumping to conclusions unless there is more to the story. Why should this guy that is the new victim know anything ? He lost his buggy in this deal(possibly).How did you prove it was your frame? Just curious.

My record keeping is abysmal, but I'm cursed with a very good memory, especially when it comes to vehicles I've bought and sold. A chassis will have the VIN on it if it was registered, so essentially, it is "the vehicle" and should come with a bill of sale and a title. If I bought a brand new chassis from a builder, then I know where it came from and we'd have an agreement on who would take it in to get it registered. I bought my rail 13 yrs ago and I still remember the seller's name and city he was from, and still have his phone number in my phone. I also contacted Foddrill before I bought it and he told me over the phone he remembered selling that chassis to the guy, so I had a clear chain of ownership all the way back to the guy who built it.

I don't think you're an idiot, I think you live in a part of this country where people's word means something, where people feel comfortable leaving their windows open at night, or a door unlocked. Out here, people will drive over your curb, wipe out a $1500 shrub, claim they had a temporary blackout, sit and drink tea with you while they recover, then give you a fake name, number and address and walk away, smiling and waving and promising to send you a check like you're now best friends. That's exactly what an elderly lady did to my mom. Everything was fake.

So if a grey haired lady will do that, imagine how shady it looks when some guy is selling a powder coated, used, bare chassis out of the back of a truck. My eyebrows would be raised, and I'd find out if the VIN was to a stolen vehicle before I bought it. I wouldn't want to end up with stolen property, much less lose my money.

Sounds like you have some good leads to work with. I bet there is more to be discovered if you have the patience to research this.

Anyways, glad to see you got some of your stuff back.

I keep a copy of the bill of sale of all my vehicles, bikes, quads, SxS etc. I watched a friend of mine go through an ordeal almost similar to yours. He was on the receiving end of the

stolen property. Made the guy give him a copy of the bill of sale. He was a little hesitant at first and later found out why. The frame was hot as Yuma in August.

Local PD came to visit and when he showed the bill of sale, they all loaded up and found the guy he bought it from. Come to find out, this guy was going all over stealing buggies, quads and such,

parting them out and selling the frames. He didn't get his money back either, but he did get the satisfaction of seeing the guy go away for a long time.

Hope you can back trace and find out who the douchebag is that started this mess in the first place.

My record keeping is abysmal, but I'm cursed with a very good memory, especially when it comes to vehicles I've bought and sold. A chassis will have the VIN on it if it was registered, so essentially, it is "the vehicle" and should come with a bill of sale and a title. If I bought a brand new chassis from a builder, then I know where it came from and we'd have an agreement on who would take it in to get it registered. I bought my rail 13 yrs ago and I still remember the seller's name and city he was from, and still have his phone number in my phone. I also contacted Foddrill before I bought it and he told me over the phone he remembered selling that chassis to the guy, so I had a clear chain of ownership all the way back to the guy who built it.

I don't think you're an idiot, I think you live in a part of this country where people's word means something, where people feel comfortable leaving their windows open at night, or a door unlocked. Out here, people will drive over your curb, wipe out a $1500 shrub, claim they had a temporary blackout, sit and drink tea with you while they recover, then give you a fake name, number and address and walk away, smiling and waving and promising to send you a check like you're now best friends. That's exactly what an elderly lady did to my mom. Everything was fake.

So if a grey haired lady will do that, imagine how shady it looks when some guy is selling a powder coated, used, bare chassis out of the back of a truck. My eyebrows would be raised, and I'd find out if the VIN was to a stolen vehicle before I bought it. I wouldn't want to end up with stolen property, much less lose my money.

No,I live where these things are not registered,no vins,etc.. Should there be? Yup,most likely but there is a lot of stuff out here without any means of tracing it. Here,if we buy a bare chassis ,that's what we get-a bare chassis and any vin would come only if we were to street legal it. Different worlds,that was why I was asking.

I swear someone posted that car to find out what frame it was (from a CL ad). I remember people commenting on the shock placement in the rear. Maybe just a coincidence.

Glad you got her back

I remember that too. Panels were blue if i recall correctly? Was only a feew weeks ago?

I remember that too. Panels were blue if i recall correctly? Was only a feew weeks ago?

Could this be it?

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index....tify+this+frame

The one stolen

post-17823-1473656243_thumb.jpg

The one that wanted to know who built it

post-17823-1473656256_thumb.jpg

Edited by ROBERT L

The one stolen

If you compare the silver chassis, you'll see it's not the same. Below the midline, the lower cross bracing is different. Above the midline, it does look remarkably similar.

The one stolen

If you compare the silver chassis, you'll see it's not the same. Below the midline, the lower cross bracing is different. Above the midline, it does look remarkably similar.

Yea I only posted because the question was brought up.

In actuality, the last victim (the one who lost his buggy) did in fact have information on the person he made the trade with. Hence the reason why I was able to trace back to the GD member. The person in question here is not the "new victim" but rather the GD member who was listing the stolen frame on multiple sites. It is he that couldn't remember who or through what means he acquired the frame. Unfortunately, the law enforcement agency charged with the investigation didn't feel it was necessary to pursue the matter any further. Nor did they see it necessary to at least charge the individual with receiving stolen property to at least persuade him to disclose how he came about the frame. They felt me getting back my frame was sufficient.

As far as how I was able to identify my frame is concerned. Let me put it to you this way. As you may already know, these vehicles are all one-off builds with varying degrees of differences between each other, even if made by the same fabricator. Such is the case with my frame. It was so obvious that was my frame that the person who seen the post on Craigslist, called to tell me my frame "was for sale" on Craigslist and not "this may be your frame" or "I think this is your frame". 99.9% of the members of this site are able to pick out the most minute differences in stranger's cars let alone their buddy's or their own. In fact when the fabricator was contacted by the investigator, he emphatically stated who he built that frame for. When asked how sure he was, he actually said, 99% only because the frame wasn't in front of him.

Why no tag (vin) might you ask? The car was in the process of getting registered......

Sounds like you have some good leads to work with. I bet there is more to be discovered if you have the patience to research this.

Anyways, glad to see you got some of your stuff back.

Thank you Ed,

Unfortunately the leads went dead, the moment our fellow GD member couldn't remember how he came about the frame and the LEO investigating the matter did't feel there was anything more to do..... So rather than take matters into my own hands, which I have been strongly advised not to do by friends (some) family (some) and my attorney, there's not much more to do.

Hypothetically speaking........ :ez:

Sent you a PM.

Where was the car taken from and where was it found??

Where was the car taken from and where was it found??

Car was stolen from Azusa, for sale or trade by someone in Lancaster then traded to someone in Bellflower.

I think you should say who the gd member is...

X2

X2

I ain't saying who the GD member is. I would't stoop that low.... :nono:

But I found this. Among other things.

post-21032-1473695789_thumb.jpg

:sha:

X2

So I understand correct, the name in pic above is our thief correct?

Naming said person is more of a prevention to keep other members from getting burned, dude deals in stolen parts.

Edited: glad you got something back.

Edited by TD

X2

So I understand correct, the name in pic above is our thief correct?

In all honesty, I cannot make that assertion since I don't have concrete proof he was involved in the theft. What I can attest to is his unwillingness to disclose how he came about the frame.

Therefore I'd be more comfortable simply saying, "Don't deal with this individual, he is less than honest and is known to deal with stolen property."

If this cat isn't jumping on the wagon to try to find the dude he bought it from then I concur. If I sold something stolen you bet your ass I would want to track down the scum that I bought it from.

Guilty In my book