Haycock

Haycocks Busa Build (finally made it to the sand)

i love my 069_zpscc160be7.jpg

i dont think im going to part it out. i would rather finish it rather then to part out. i hate trying to part things out especially living in northern california because almost everything will need to be shipped to socal.

Go to the sand for a few days and watch other people ride.

:sraptor:

You'll get motivated.

I've been building a boat for years and I sometimes go to the boat shows for motivation.

You'll get motivated.

I've been building a boat for years and I sometimes go to the boat shows for motivation.

yea your probably right but everyone i always would go to the sand with stopped going so it kinda makes it hard to go. plus my wife really wants to buy a boat so i dont know if i can keep both. so i dont know, i really want to finish it but when i try to work on it when i have no motivation i just get no where...

come to gordans on on the 19th. ill give ya a ride in my busa rail and get ya motivated again! then buy a cheaper boat, and your all good to go!

You'll get motivated.

yea your probably right but everyone i always would go to the sand with stopped going so it kinda makes it hard to go. plus my wife really wants to buy a boat so i dont know if i can keep both. so i dont know, i really want to finish it but when i try to work on it when i have no motivation i just get no where...

Hmmmmmmm .... a little bit more than just motivation.

My wife would be happy with the sand car being a trailer queen until I finsh our boat. :nag:

Tough call. Good luck.

come to gordans on on the 19th. ill give ya a ride in my busa rail and get ya motivated again! then buy a cheaper boat, and your all good to go!

I wish i could! im sure that would light a fire under my ass...

I think just looking around on the forum for a couple days checking out everyones rides is giving me some motivation. i even went out in the garage and stared at the car for awhile looking at what i need to do! so i dont know, we will see what happens. ill try to spend more time on the forum to get motivated.

Edited by Haycock

PM me a price

I also sent you an offer via private message. Please reply if interested. Thank you,

i sent pm's to both of you. you guys didnt get them?

Sent you another PM. Please reply with the specific price point you are looking to get for this build so we can potentially make a deal. Thank you.

sorry for the confusion Andy. sent PM

Well, 9 years later and its finally in the sand 🙏

I figured I give a little update on this car if any one was wondering what happened to it. Lol 

I finally got around to finishing it and took it out for the first time last weekend.  It worked flawlessly besides some issues with the shocks. Definitely a blast to drive though.  Now it's time for a shock upgrade and a few finishing touches (lights, possibly some sort of wing, and other little things).20190630_095016-01.thumb.jpeg.07777cf13595e4c0ab05b866aabf139b.jpeg20190630_094123-01.thumb.jpeg.114a85f574cd98b3b22ebb85fccc4919.jpeg20190630_094131-01.thumb.jpeg.6b7717b4233e4fc0e2f2f65853d2a77e.jpeg20190322_175137-01.thumb.jpeg.d4b7623e5639a18167644dd351c867b0.jpeg20190322_175058-01.thumb.jpeg.04f6bc5075ca508718bc32703d0378c4.jpeg20190322_175024-01.thumb.jpeg.11f73ecd171a89368c0442dbb8711c04.jpeg20190322_174912-01.thumb.jpeg.8685142467449ceb325c9498db973d04.jpeg20190322_174928-01.thumb.jpeg.7004256b1c23669dde80e19596225187.jpeg20190227_163404-01.thumb.jpeg.28b0301d7bafaba0487a5c58f0ef975f.jpeg

That car looks great! 

You got it done much faster then I ever could possibly have :lol:

Congrats...

Clean car, congrats. 

very clean build, love the sheet metal work, and the shop too!  

Probably one of the nicest busa chassis car I’ve seen. Looks like a mini Desert Dynamics. 

Good job 👏🏼 

Well,  a lot has changed in the 9 yrs since your build began. The mini buggy market is all but gone and replaced with SxS's

Cool to see it finally finished. Looks bitchen. Were you able to keep it under the 15k budget ? 

Thanks guys!

1 hour ago, hondajimz said:

Well,  a lot has changed in the 9 yrs since your build began. The mini buggy market is all but gone and replaced with SxS's

Cool to see it finally finished. Looks bitchen. Were you able to keep it under the 15k budget ? 

Thanks! you're right, a lot has changed. I was still planning on selling it but after looking at how depressing the hayabusa market is right now,  I think I'm better off just hanging  on to it right now and having some fun with it for awhile....   I still made it within that 15k budget! Even with the new coil overs that I'm going to buy for it, it should still be under 15k. 

I love the look of the car!!  Great deal!!

Nice!  Going to steal the double-shear/entry step idea. :bigrin 

Posted (edited)

I remember reading this when I built my first car, now I'm breaking in car4 dreaming about car5.

Before sandrails I had eternal car projects, many didn't finish. Finish them and time to sell.

Its the greatest feeling when your finally rolling on the sand!

Seems like it takes a HUGE push to actually get any car done. That last 20%...

Edited by JGSturbo

9 minutes ago, JGSturbo said:

I remember reading this when I built my first car, now I'm breaking in car4 dreaming about car5.

Before sandrails I had eternal car projects, many didn't finish. Finish them and time to sell.

Where I'm at right now, but that last 20% is a lie you tell yourself.  It's more like 50% of the job once you're "done"... :bigrin 

1 hour ago, JGSturbo said:

My old Boss use to say the last 10% of a project took 30% of the money  & 40% of the time

On 7/17/2019 at 6:46 AM, Rockwood said:

Nice!  Going to steal the double-shear/entry step idea. :bigrin 

I'm not sure why you never see this (at least I haven't). Kill two birds with one stone. lol :bigrin

On 7/18/2019 at 7:14 AM, JGSturbo said:

I've had a few projects start and finish while this one sat in the corner being neglected. I finally told myself it was time to get this one done I guess.  Now that this one is done I can focus my time back to the trophy truck I've been building for the last couple years. Hopefully that one wont take as long as this though.:bangin:

On 7/18/2019 at 9:04 AM, MWB said:

My old Boss use to say the last 10% of a project took 30% of the money  & 40% of the time

This is very accurate.