Sign in to follow this  
1 sic max

Need Help Buying Weekend Warrior

We are currently looking at a couple of WW. One in particular is a 07 CR3705 with two slides with 105 hrs on gennie. So my question is what would be a good price to offer in this market? From what i can tell from the pics its a really clean trailer.

Nobody? Whats some things to look out for when buying a used warrior. I'm also looking at a 32 ft bumper 07 ww. Are those know to have any problems?

watch out for for the sagging walls there's quite a few posts n the RV section, sorry I don't know how to bring them up out of storage

#1 would be $29-35k #2 #25-20k

check the roof for soft spots. Friends warrior the whole front portion rotted out. They used painters caulk and drywall screws when Warrior assembled it. Price the first mentioned $22k-27 the tow behind $15-18K. The market is shot. Buddy picked up one like first mentioned 2008 38' $27K cash.

guys are right on with pricing I would agree. Check the pin box and frame for the 5th wheel. Make sure no cracks in the sides or corners where the slides are. bubbles in the side panels are not good as well. Make sure all the stuff works. Get the temp in the frig and make sure it is working for 24hr. New frig will cost you big bucks. should be good with a 07 model. I have a CR3905 and love the floor plan.

Guest bldrinker

Check for sagging walls my buddy has a '08 SLC3705 and his wall are starting to let go. The out riggers from the main fram bend and crack. Personally I would never buy a bumper tow that big! I haul my freinds SLC3705 with a short bed 3/4ton with helper bags like its not there.

I hauled my brothers 21' bumper pull and it was scary, hauled my 18'TT bumper pull and I thought I was gonna die!!! And yes I have lots of towing experience and the trailers were loaded properly...

As far as price I wouldnt pay a $1 over $27,000 good luck!

Thanks for all the reply's. Seller for the cr 3705 is asking 30k. I hope to get it around 27-28. What's everyones opinion on towing with a shortbed without a sliding 5th wheel. Is it worth the extra coin? First time buying a toy hauler so i got alot of ?'s and alot to learn.

Guest bldrinker
Thanks for all the reply's. Seller for the cr 3705 is asking 30k. I hope to get it around 27-28. What's everyones opinion on towing with a shortbed without a sliding 5th wheel. Is it worth the extra coin? First time buying a toy hauler so i got alot of ?'s and alot to learn.

Some sort of sliding hitch is a MUST period. If your a baller get the auto slider. If your an average joe get the manual slider. I can turn my truck 75-80 degress without hiting. So you only need to slide for tight fuel stations and campgrounds. And intown swing like a mother effer fro right hand turns and your good to go.

Here is my truck and MQUNLIMITED's trailer manuel slider no bubbles no troubles.

What rating on the hitch do I need for the cr3705? 16k or 18k?

Guest bldrinker
What rating on the hitch do I need for the cr3705? 16k or 18k?

Always over do it! I would say atleast 18k. MQUNLUMITED's hitch is 24K. Better safe than sorry! If you have a 3/4ton you have to get helperbags. I put the SLC3705 on mine without and I only had 2inches left before the bump stops hit.

Guest bldrinker

Oh and another thing, that trailer will tow like crap empty! the trailer in the pictures empty was scary around town. Loaded was seriously likie it wasnt there.

I got helper bags, just got to build a spacer because of the lift. Why would it tow scary when empty? The most i'm going to haul is a sxs and 1or2 450 quads.

Guest bldrinker

Maybe it was just me, but i'm guessing more tongue weight. I also have D rated tires that are rated at 3195lbs and they are 8ply. The factory tires were E rated at 3195lbs but were 10 ply. I think the tongue weight made the tires squirly. I loaded my Teryx, freshwater fuel station and generator tanks to the max and hauled it from hesperia to Dumont like it wasnt nothing.

E rated 10 plys are a must. My tires are definitly just getting by.

Damn! Mike's on top of it....I concur everything he has said! :ck:

Edited by MQUnlimited

I have a manual slider hitch in my short bed and have never needed to slide it. I imagine it could be important in very tight situations but I havent had one yet. As far as what wieght hitch, I have a 16k hitch and tow a 38' sierra. Been using it for 3 years with no trouble.

Guest bldrinker
Damn! Mike's on top of it....I concur everything he has said! :ck:

I have been a lazy SOB today, figured I would run my mouth on GD.com.

Hell nobody ever listens to me anyway, what could i possibly screw up. :hmm:

Here's my take and experience. I have used my slider 2 times( I have owned it for 3 yrs)....and one time I didnt have to. I was bringing it home and was nervous about backing it in to my yard so I slid it back just to be safe. I think its pointless to have since you can turn pretty sharp, but it adds a warm fuzzy INCASE a time comes where you might need it. The other time was when I had to connect at a 90 degrees to get out of a camping spot, a-hole parked right in front of my trailer and I asked him not to....he kept unloading and stayed there the entire time. I would def get a higher rating then 18k. These trailers are heavy and IDK what you are loading in it but I have a 24k as mentioned, and I dont carry a rail. Im sure fully loaded, Im closer to 20k.