Jump to content

power and weight


HP.Habits
 Share

Recommended Posts

The real reason I wanted to make this was to find out the weight of my Sandcar. Gen. 3 Funco with Outfront 2.5 Subi. I know there are a handful of similar set ups out there as well as the knowledge. 
But now I am curious how many of you out there know your power and weight of your cars. lets see 'em!

funco.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I’m not sure how much my gen 3 weighs but I just had it dyno tuned at outfront. It made 277hp to the tire which John said was 417 hp to the flywheel. 15 pounds of boost on 110 race gas. 
 

2.5 SOHC STI block. Garret turbo not sure what size (the outfront special)  

Edited by Sand phene
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My AG sandcar weighs in at 1776 lbs         Outfront 2.5 298hp to the wheels.        
15#’s of boost       
Garrett 2867 Gen 2 turbo. 
11 gallons of 110     
It is a blast to drive it is almost time for more power.  
                            

 

 

1D5DA1C1-0634-491B-A747-D612FD492B49.jpeg

9B45FF8B-7713-434B-993B-FF4DF13E0866.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We keep our weight # lower than our hp # to make things more interesting, guess that’s why I have about a 3 second attention span though 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Elite dual sport. I weigh in right at 3k lbs. Redline LS1 twin turbo, 700HP at the wheels. Absolute blast to drive and pulls the wheels up easily if i want it too

IMG_5134.jpg

IMG_5112.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/20/2022 at 12:35 AM, Sand phene said:

I’m not sure how much my gen 3 weighs but I just had it dyno tuned at outfront. It made 277hp to the tire which John said was 417 hp to the flywheel.

Always blown away at how much power actually hits the ground "after taxes". 

Good looking car! You have a few things on yours I have been wanting to do to mine. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, FIREMAN said:

My AG sandcar weighs in at 1776 lbs         Outfront 2.5 298hp to the wheels.        
15#’s of boost       
Garrett 2867 Gen 2 turbo. 
11 gallons of 110     
It is a blast to drive it is almost time for more power.  
                            

DUDE! nice power/weight! sounds like a dune weapon. Is that a 4 seater?? If so, Im even more impressed your under 2k lbs!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Horsepower Lifestyles said:

Elite dual sport. I weigh in right at 3k lbs. Redline LS1 twin turbo, 700HP at the wheels. Absolute blast to drive and pulls the wheels up easily if i want it too

 

 

😍 beautiful car. looks like a ripper for sure. How does it navigate the small tricky stuff? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, HP.Habits said:

DUDE! nice power/weight! sounds like a dune weapon. Is that a 4 seater?? If so, Im even more impressed your under 2k lbs!

It is a 4 seat car. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, HP.Habits said:

😍 beautiful car. looks like a ripper for sure. How does it navigate the small tricky stuff? 

Its one of the best handling cars I've ever driven. Turns well and slides with ease, I rarely have to use my turning brake

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Grant said around 2800 or less. 858 horse pressures to the wheel @ 11lb of boost. It feels like enough.

gtf side.jpg

Edited by funco4lizzle
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2008 Bourget built (seems to be a Tatum speed demon clone?)

Subaru 2.0 T 11psi.

199 RWHP

091

1807lbs.

4 Seat

Dunes great. No real need for more power (family cruiser)

66544216188__F56F8926-9B35-4FBE-A772-1FB5625E297A.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

 

Edited by Jammer75
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Sponsor
30 minutes ago, Jammer75 said:

2008 Bourget built (seems to be a Tatum speed demon clone?)

IMG_0763.jpg

 

Those huge radius bends on the roof were a Bourget signature.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 seat beam car, 1350lbs/255whp courtesy of a Nissan SR20DET at 12psi.  Time for a rebuild after 14 seasons on a junkyard motor.  Still runs great but is starting to pressurize the crankcase with blowby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Shout Box

Shout Box

You don't have permission to chat.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...

    Important Information

    Terms of Use Privacy Policy