Driveway Stain Help Please….

RK Racing

On 12/12/2021 at 8:58 AM, ROBERT L said:

Maybe @dbart will chime in. He had a similar issue a while ago. 

Yes, I had iron stains from Palm food and I used Muriatic Acid to scrub it.

What's nice is you can control what you want to clean...

Here's a thought!

:bag:

Driveway.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

• 1 month later...

I was supposed to do it during the holidays and I didn’t get a chance to because of the weather….

• 4 months later...

So, I just tried Rustaid as previously suggested. $9.48 for a gal. at Home Depot. Sprayed it with a garden sprayer in the evening after the concrete cooled down. AMAZING stuff! While removing the rust stains, it also bleached the concrete whitening it. 7 gallons later, I have nice clean white concrete. It was well worth every penny since I've been trying everything I could find over the past 5 years. 

• Like 1

• Board Moderator

let me know how those come out raising arizona GIF

Where are the Before and After pics?

@RK Racing

2 hours ago, Crusty said:

let me know how those come out raising arizona GIF

Where are the Before and After pics?

@RK Racing

Before and after…..

A3E2A854-8417-42F9-B1D2-C56356A20652.jpeg

0949E3FC-8D2E-4248-82B9-986DB91880E7.jpeg

• Like 3

• Board Moderator

Bad-Ass...

25 minutes ago, Crusty said:

Bad-Ass...

Thank you, lots more to come. Fenders, Coilovers…… I put these cheap chit shocks on for now…..lol.

F021F869-33B6-4D0E-8B96-2CCBD0A5DA8A.jpeg

• Board Moderator
5 minutes ago, RK Racing said:

Thank you, lots more to come. Fenders, Coilovers…… I put these cheap chit shocks on for now…..lol.

F021F869-33B6-4D0E-8B96-2CCBD0A5DA8A.jpeg

You should start a thread about your stains in Jeep and truck.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Grease Monkey said:

You should start a thread about your stains in Jeep and truck.

Oh man, @RK Racing did you take Amber Heard out on a date?

• Haha 1

Selling ready mix concrete for 15 years, one thing i learned is Concrete is porous, baking Soda mixed in a slurry then covering the concrete, with a vapor barrier over the backing soda will help a little,   

like stated above, Power Washing Concrete is the dumbest thing to ever do, this will remove the top matrix of the concrete, and will open up the pores. After the matrix is removed, then the top barrier will never be resistant to anything,  

You might be able to bleach it with a baking soda, you will see the same stains from hard water, like a sulfate attack,  

If this is from battery acid, then the top matrix is already damaged, then there is nothing that can be done for long term fix,   

• Like 1

Any Acid will destroy the concrete, it will get in the pores and slowly cause a attach on the material, it will destroy it like ASR attack,  

call @Pennywise he deals with concrete, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheLatinLover said:

Heh, driveway looks like Crusty’s chonies after a boy’s trip.

I think they look like that beforehand, knowing what he's in for! :bag:

:lmao:

3 hours ago, dbart said:

@J Alper really... thumbs down????

Ok.

I just thought it was funny!

:cheers:

i did not mean it in a mean way, sorry, lol 

2 hours ago, dbart said:

I think they look like that beforehand, knowing what he's in for! :bag:

:lmao:

but the acid will take the top cream matrix off and then it will not hold anything back, but if the acid already took the matrix off the top, then it does not really matter anymore, the acid will slowly eat away at the concrete, you will need something to naturalize the acid after it is cleaned, 

• Administrators
On 5/19/2022 at 9:59 PM, J Alper said:

but the acid will take the top cream matrix off and then it will not hold anything back, but if the acid already took the matrix off the top, then it does not really matter anymore, the acid will slowly eat away at the concrete, you will need something to naturalize the acid after it is cleaned, 

Alper knows some stuff....

It seems this is a trend now in the concrete biz is to give a "salt and pepper' look by removing the "cream"  and exposing the sand. It gives it a subtle look of a satin grey concrete. When the concrete is finished and before set they will use a product called Top Cast https://www.daytonsuperior.com/products/chemicals?name=top-cast- It seems the way of the stamped color concrete is falling off for for this look . Mostly due to the part of the constant maintenance and slickness of it.

You could acid wash ( I would not do it yourself, hire someone that knows what they are doing) To achieve a uniform finish to expose the sand aggregate. Then you can apply sealers to seal and strengthen the surface. You could do this to old concrete to get rid of surface stains but penetrated stains are there to stay. You could lightly stain your concrete with some diluted black and greys or browns to give it a custom look before sealing that would help hide previous stains.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MRKNNEE said:

1133E09C-4405-499B-88C9-1B24AC86DC9B.png

A2B040A7-C9CD-4946-B815-C574EBF15982.png

DDF05252-0E74-4C24-B90D-DAA24FF5B049.png

8BFC92A5-5407-4AA9-9CE9-D9E5F8329D39.png

For that spot that you cleaned up, approximately how much of that bottle did you use? Thanks.