Sign in to follow this  
THE EVIL TWIN!!

How Did You Find Out About Glamisdunes.com

From my friends!

I used to be a lurker....then somehow I got roped into this photoshop stuff....and the rest is well...pretty damn cool!

Met a lot of great people on here.

db :ck:

My brother Permagrin told me about it and I was hooked.

Looked up glamis on Google images and half the pics were from this site so I decided to join

Hmm, I had originally found the ASA forums via a search engine (altavista at the time). I didnt know anything about the internet or Glamis for that matter. Around '99 or '00 somebody had posted about a night ride so I decided to come out. The first person that I met was tres; we were in Yuma so it didnt take us any time to get out there vice the other night riders. After him, Doug, Cortni, Jamie, and Julie had showed up. Julie was a crotchety bitch at first impression but there was something about her I liked. They were all standing there around a trailer full of toys and I walked up and asked if they were ready to ride. Julie (in her very welcoming voice...) asked, "who the hell are you." I returned the kind gesture and everyone began to gear up. We had a blast for a good 6 hours (think "king" and "queen" glamis missed the ride; their names werent the same at the time... well, maybe King).

Things really clicked the next season when the Mrs and I went out to Gordons to watch the drags. We pulled up early in the afternoon expecting a good show when I noticed Cortni off to our right side. I went and introduced myself which promptly led to the introduction to Doug (again), Wayno and Kerin (the two coolest people ever), and Chummin (along with his wife). After the drags, we were invited over to the Martinez casa where we had an unbelievably good time. The rest, literally, was history. It is one of my fondest memories of all time and I'll never forget the friends I made that weekend (and hold extremely close to my heart to this day). Cant wait to see you effers this weekend!

Edited by madweazl

I was looking four info on Glamis so I searched it on yahoo.com and there it was all the info I needed thanks :sraptor:

WE were invited to the first compound new years party .. I have been going to Glamis since 1986 and always camped right around there wash 2 ish ether side of what was then called Dirty Bob's ... So many great times and awesome poeple i've meet over the years . so many awesome activeties ( EPO'S )

Edited by gils'ltr

I met a cool guy that rescued me in the dunes when I ripped both a-arms off of my piece of crap Dunn tech. One of my now best friends came to my rescue (RUBS). I was good at buying and selling thru the cycle trader and recycler and always found great deals. However, RUBS kept kickin my arse on smokin deals and I finally said how the he'll are you finding this stuff. Burned many a midnight oil on this since he turned me onto GD in 05, and have some amazing friends as a result! You know who you are fockers.

I was looking to buy a buggy right after I bought my new truck, and the new toy hauler. Did a Google search, and here I am. Found Dumont too. Turned out, I bought a buggy in Phoenix from a good ole boy from my home state, NC, off of Craigslist.

I check this site almost everyday

There was a sign on HWY. 78 the orginal owner of GD.com had erected. Lurked for a while then finaly logged on.

Hmm, I had originally found the ASA forums via a search engine (altavista at the time). I didnt know anything about the internet or Glamis for that matter. Around '99 or '00 somebody had posted about a night ride so I decided to come out. The first person that I met was tres; we were in Yuma so it didnt take us any time to get out there vice the other night riders. After him, Doug, Cortni, Jamie, and Julie had showed up. Julie was a crotchety bitch at first impression but there was something about her I liked. They were all standing there around a trailer full of toys and I walked up and asked if they were ready to ride. Julie (in her very welcoming voice...) asked, "who the hell are you." I returned the kind gesture and everyone began to gear up. We had a blast for a good 6 hours (think "king" and "queen" glamis missed the ride; their names werent the same at the time... well, maybe King).

Things really clicked the next season when the Mrs and I went out to Gordons to watch the drags. We pulled up early in the afternoon expecting a good show when I noticed Cortni off to our right side. I went and introduced myself which promptly led to the introduction to Doug (again), Wayno and Kerin (the two coolest people ever), and Chummin (along with his wife). After the drags, we were invited over to the Martinez casa where we had an unbelievably good time. The rest, literally, was history. It is one of my fondest memories of all time and I'll never forget the friends I made that weekend (and hold extremely close to my heart to this day). Cant wait to see you effers this weekend!

You LIE! :lol:

And that actually would have been '02 IIRC? Possibly '01 but it was the year of our second trip to ID, so I'm thinking '02...Cortni was azcowgirl something at the time :)

I met a cool guy that rescued me in the dunes when I ripped both a-arms off of my piece of crap Dunn tech. One of my now best friends came to my rescue (RUBS). I was good at buying and selling thru the cycle trader and recycler and always found great deals. However, RUBS kept kickin my arse on smokin deals and I finally said how the he'll are you finding this stuff. Burned many a midnight oil on this since he turned me onto GD in 05, and have some amazing friends as a result! You know who you are fockers.

Never, ever realized that was you with the Dunn-Tech....trying to remember if it was during a night ride in the summer down by Olds? For some reason I don't remember there being many people out in the dunes at all that weekend?

Friends..............

co-worker in 1999 took me out, hated my first day as I had a old beatup cr500 that was a nightmare to start and me being new stalled it quite often, next day though his friend let me ride his quad and loved it, seen the sign at the 78, signed up for the board the next day, met thousands of awesome peeps since then, and hope to meet thousands more :cheers:

I met Esco and he told me about it, got on the board and then went to my first but the second Salsa Saturday at Copper and Buggy Gal's and the rest is history :luv:

:lol:

Ill never forget those drags. Where we races sand cars with lil VW motors against V8s.. Poorboy almost won because he was 3/4 the way down the track before the pros even got the green light.

That was an epic weekend. SpeedFreak and his insane car was there also.. Outback etc..

I was going over the stats page on my website. There was a link to GD.com, so I clicked it to see what it was about.

Someone had linked the below pic. to the milfs section, :lol:

l1.jpg

Edited by yoshi

this is no chit, I googled big boobs and sandrails and a link came up, so I checked it out, looked around the site, so I joined and been here ever since. I am on almost all day, and sometimes in the evenings.

AmericanPitbull told me about it when I was looking for a Weekend Warrior salesman... He told me to look up Headinjury. I still love them Warriors but this site educated me on the National RV Blaze'n line. I came here for the toy haulers but found a bunch of great friends.

There was a sign on HWY. 78 the orginal owner of GD.com had erected. Lurked for a while then finaly logged on.

Same thing....

I started on the ASA board.....boring.

Then went on GotDunes.....got boring....and the way they depicted this site as being all drama...peeked my interest.

Been here ever since,

No Dune Site has ever made me feel more welcome, educated, in the know of whats going on at Glamis or the Off-road community in general than :gd:

and now I'm even lucky enough to be on Staff.

Thank you Slappy!

:crusty:

Not sure how I found GD.com but my first post was about my old beam car, which I had just bought. I used to be active on a Suzuki board, but there were more adults here.

I use "adults" very loosely. :lol:

Guest Mrs. Bear Down

We were part of "HotBoat" forums back in 2003, and Memo was talking to Bohica on the boat forums and Memo posted in Hotboat for anyone going to glamis... Bohica chimed in and said "You'll have much better luck over here"...

I was hesitant to join my words verbadem were "I'm not gonna go camping with a bunch of computer geeks!!!".. :lmao:

Met up at 13.5 for New Years 2004 I believe... :coocoo: Bohica introduced us to everyone... and we've been hooked ever since!! Best family internet has ever brought together!! :hug:

Edited by Mrs. Bear Down

We were part of "HotBoat" forums back in 2003, and Memo was talking to Bohica on the boat forums and Memo posted in Hotboat for anyone going to glamis... Bohica chimed in and said "You'll have much better luck over here"...

I was hesitant to join my words verbadem were "I'm not gonna go camping with a bunch of computer geeks!!!".. :lmao:

Met up at 13.5 for New Years 2004 I believe... :coocoo: Bohica introduced us to everyone... and we've been hooked ever since!! Best family internet has ever brought together!! :hug:

"You've come a looooong way, baby!" :wub:

I was an OG in the hood way before I turned member number two

<--------------- saw the banner set up on the side of highway 78. It was a different URL back then, but I remember thinking, as I'm hauling ass to G and excited to ride, that I better remember the name of that site so i could check it out when I get home. This was like 2001 or 2002. Lurked for a couple years because I wasn't that big into BB's at the time. When I finally signed up in '04, I was like WTF did I not sign up sooner so i could have a lower member number like KingGlamis.... :D