Sign in to follow this  
THE EVIL TWIN!!

How Did You Find Out About Glamisdunes.com

HA ha ha. That's Bob. He knows what he likes. :lol:

Searching for parts for my toys....

Saw a :gd: sign right at the stop sign where the 78 meets up with the 115. That turn always gets me fired up knowing im about 15 miles from G! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Same for me

See folks...this is how it propgates For me, I didn't join the site till 06. But started duning around ...well hell, my dad took me out there in the 60's but somewhere around 82 the group I camped with at Ocotillo wells decided we need to go to the dunes. I wanted to go to Pismo,but got over-ridded into going to Gordons Well. This was back in the day when everyone camped at the spillway. Talk about a good time. We strung a rope across the canal and hung out at the beach all day and rode all night. Waterskieed in the canal too

Edited by mudpuppy

Heard they were having some groovy EPO races, so I joined, and they quit having them.

eleven years ago my Bro, jeeper90, talked me into driving west, for two days, and spending a couple weeks at Glamis, I had never heard of it and he suggested that visit this site and cyber recon the area, I lurked for a while, never had time to web surf at home and when I took an admin job (with internet) I found the time and joined up. I am grateful for the daily dose of long distant friends that share an interest in my hobbies, beliefs and are mature enough to disagree without getting their panties in a wad.

Where'd you find THAT at?? I want to join that site! :lol:

Well I wasn't talkin about ya'll...I was thinkin of another site.

eleven years ago my Bro, jeeper90, talked me into driving west, for two days, and spending a couple weeks at Glamis, I had never heard of it and he suggested that visit this site and cyber recon the area, I lurked for a while, never had time to web surf at home and when I took an admin job (with internet) I found the time and joined up. I am grateful for the daily dose of long distant friends that share an interest in my hobbies, beliefs and are mature enough to disagree without getting their panties in a wad.

Where'd you find THAT at?? I want to join that site! :lol:

Well I wasn't talkin about ya'll...I was thinkin of another site.

I KNOW....that's why I want to know where it is!!! :lol:

Edited by luvdunin

I bet I know... :hmm:

Well if she is the drunk loud one... find us next year!! :lol: She'll fit right in with the group we have!! :laugh:

:lol: Of course, she doesn't think she is. After hearing about your new years bash, I know we'd fit right in. We have theme party's on big weekends.

My grandmother knitted over 100 beanies. Our camp in known as camp orange, so all of them have orange balls on them. We do a buffet style thanksgiving dinner every year. We served over 120 people last year. This pic was taken on sunday after a lot of people had left already.

post-5472-1305915217_thumb.jpg

New years Wig party

post-5472-1305915365_thumb.jpg

post-5472-1305915351_thumb.jpg

White trash party. Even grandma got dressed up.

post-5472-1305915434.jpg

And of course, lots of no pants parties.

post-5472-1305915481.jpg

that's some real funny stuff. Tim

Hmm, I had originally found the ASA forums via a search engine (altavista at the time). I didnt know anything about the internet or Glamis for that matter. Around '99 or '00 somebody had posted about a night ride so I decided to come out. The first person that I met was tres; we were in Yuma so it didnt take us any time to get out there vice the other night riders. After him, Doug, Cortni, Jamie, and Julie had showed up. Julie was a crotchety bitch at first impression but there was something about her I liked. They were all standing there around a trailer full of toys and I walked up and asked if they were ready to ride. Julie (in her very welcoming voice...) asked, "who the hell are you." I returned the kind gesture and everyone began to gear up. We had a blast for a good 6 hours (think "king" and "queen" glamis missed the ride; their names werent the same at the time... well, maybe King).

Things really clicked the next season when the Mrs and I went out to Gordons to watch the drags. We pulled up early in the afternoon expecting a good show when I noticed Cortni off to our right side. I went and introduced myself which promptly led to the introduction to Doug (again), Wayno and Kerin (the two coolest people ever), and Chummin (along with his wife). After the drags, we were invited over to the Martinez casa where we had an unbelievably good time. The rest, literally, was history. It is one of my fondest memories of all time and I'll never forget the friends I made that weekend (and hold extremely close to my heart to this day). Cant wait to see you effers this weekend!

You LIE! :lol:

And that actually would have been '02 IIRC? Possibly '01 but it was the year of our second trip to ID, so I'm thinking '02...Cortni was azcowgirl something at the time :)

I joined in '02 I think so that was probably the summer of '02.

Been doing Glamis since late 70's, but in '02 we started to camp with Markie Mark and his family. He, and a couple of the boardmembers from here, had a site of their own called Deepsand.net. Even though they had their own site, they often talked about how great the peeps were over at GD.com. I lurked around for a few years and finally joined in '04. Even though he can't read this, I got to say "thanks Mark!"

Well I was lured to GD.com after my brother invited us to go camp at Pismo to celebrate the 4th of July in 2002. After that he started talking about going to Glamis. From what I knew about Glamis (from an old boyfriend that used to go back in the late 80's) I wasn't having anything to do with that without a potty room. He bought a TH from someone on the board and hit up the 13.5 group. Well he spotted a TH that was a great starter and I had to sign up and log into the site to view the pictures. Needless to say that was in October, by April we made it to Glamis for my first ever trip there. I have met so many wonderful people, miss the days of 13.5 where everyone was welcome to join in. I also laugh at the crying about the "inner circle". I simply was happy to be there. Who cared who was where (it all depended on when you go there on where you could park), it was always a new experiance when you had a new neighbor each trip out (except as our family grew in returning to the duning scene we created our own circle) :wub:

I bet I know... :hmm:

Well if she is the drunk loud one... find us next year!! :lol: She'll fit right in with the group we have!! :laugh:

:lol: Of course, she doesn't think she is. After hearing about your new years bash, I know we'd fit right in. We have theme party's on big weekends.

My grandmother knitted over 100 beanies. Our camp in known as camp orange, so all of them have orange balls on them. We do a buffet style thanksgiving dinner every year. We served over 120 people last year. This pic was taken on sunday after a lot of people had left already.

post-5472-1305915217_thumb.jpg

New years Wig party

post-5472-1305915365_thumb.jpg

post-5472-1305915351_thumb.jpg

White trash party. Even grandma got dressed up.

post-5472-1305915434.jpg

And of course, lots of no pants parties.

post-5472-1305915481.jpg

Next year we need to camp together sometime. Its been awhile since I've seen your group.

Just got off the phone with my buddy Nate @HoosierDaddy and the guy who got me on and addicted to gd.com is coming back to gd.com after a lot of years away. He used to always be on the site and told me it was very addictive.

Great tread revival for the new year! Lets hear it......How did you learn about gd.com????

:poule:

Back in the late 90s, Steve Brooks (“obsessed” stainless SRM mid engine) had a forum called Glamis Duners for Clean Dunes. It was one of the first forums I’d ever joined, he’d schedule dune cleanups and the like. Just a handful of us we’re on there. Someone posted a new website to go check out (this one) and I joined in 2001! Geez, I’m coming up on my 20 year anniversary 🤩

Great to be back! The drive to the dunes is longer from Austin but we are back! Thanks Andy!

20191126_163755.jpg

47 minutes ago, HoosierDaddy said:

Great to be back! The drive to the dunes is longer from Austin but we are back! Thanks Andy!

20191126_163755.jpg

Welcome back! You guys have been missed!      :cheers:

Someone mentioned it on the Grinder app. Been posting here ever since.

Not really sure how I stumbled across it in 2004 but I did ?? 

I do know that back in 2010 I went over 500 posts but when I came back in 2017 my post count was in the high 300's so that was weird. 

I had done a few rides with some guys on ASA Website and when GD came on line it was only a few months later People were bailing to come over here!, because of the great atmosphere online....

On 5/20/2011 at 6:04 AM, luvdunin said:

Never, ever realized that was you with the Dunn-Tech....trying to remember if it was during a night ride in the summer down by Olds? For some reason I don't remember there being many people out in the dunes at all that weekend?

Yep, from hooker point to olds at night. Both A Arms decided to jump off the car in a small divet. 

When the Ex-wife first moved in with me I had a computer Windows 95 probably. It was a hand me down from my Step-Dad and was used for one thing Solitaire. Didn't know how to cut and paste even, let alone my typing style was hunt and bitch.  I didn't even have a modem or phone line before she showed up. 

So she moves in and gets the computer on line pulls up this web site and says this should keep you occupied for a while.............  It was probably a year or two before I even knew there were other Web Sites :lol: 

18 years later I am still here, met a lot of great people over the years. 

On 1/10/2020 at 11:55 PM, socaldmax said:

Welcome back! You guys have been missed!      :cheers:

Thanks..I see you still have the same Avatar!!

I've been banned from the site. Promised to behave. Lied to the white coats and...…..I'm back. Peace

Edited by CHEFF

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 3:27 PM, Conrad said:

Back in the late 90s, Steve Brooks (“obsessed” stainless SRM mid engine) had a forum called Glamis Duners for Clean Dunes. It was one of the first forums I’d ever joined, he’d schedule dune cleanups and the like. Just a handful of us we’re on there. Someone posted a new website to go check out (this one) and I joined in 2001! Geez, I’m coming up on my 20 year anniversary 🤩

Steve was a good guy, heart of gold. 

A lot of old timers that used to be around were on multiple sites.  Most of us in the early 2000's were on other sites as well, including ASA, Deepsand, Gotdunes, and a Yahoo page of King Glamis.  The ASA page was the must active back them, then GD.com really exploded.  I think must of us here were following the Sand Rail tech pages trying to learn from each other, you have to remember this was the very beginning of long travel and other powerplants other that VW.

After years of duning and beating around on a rebuilt banshee I was finally ready for a car.  Looked at Craigslist, Offerup, Str8up, Ebay, blah blah blah but found nothing. Finally I found an AG car John from Outfront was selling on Glimsdunes.com.  Ended up with the car and a beefed up motor and now the family and I rip the dunes as much as possible.  Thanx John and Glamis dunes for helping a lifer graduate to a car!!!! This site is awesome and the networking is the most valuable.