J.LaPoint

2011 Tres Regatta Of Oregon At Sandfest:)

In honor of the Event that started it all, We have created another "Tres Regatta" at the originalsandfest.com Sand Fest in Coos Bay Oregon June 29th - July 3rd. The event is on Private Sand Dunes attached to the Oregon Dunes just north of Coos Bay Oregon at the Legendary "Box Car Hill"

Class structure is the same as the Tres Regatta Events, but given the size of the track we can run everyone together. Drag Racing will be with a Real Tree up Box Car Hill. Don't worry the hill is not too steep. Stock 70's can make it:) Also the Show and Shine will take place with the Sandfest Show and Shine at the main Stage. All Trophy's are sponsored by Direct Drive.

The ATC 70 Track will be open starting Wensday June 29th. Trophy Events will be held on Saturday July 3rd. Below is the schedule. We are going to make this an annual event.

Jeff the Owner of Fullbore Innovations, and founder of the modern Sandfest is also a ATC 70 fan and has some fast machines. Myself, Jason LaPoint and my Father Garry LaPoint who attended the last Tres Regatta in Glamis Compound will be hosting this years event. Please call Jason for more info 971-338-3358. or email at jlapoint9@gmail.com

2011 Sandfest Schedule

Wednesday 6/29

9:00am – 6:00pm Vendors open

11:00 am Sand Bar Open

12:00 - 6:00 pm 3 Wheeler Regatta Open practice for all participants/ Race Sign Up

Thursday 6/30

9:00am – 6:00pm Vendors open

10:00am Kids Drags

10:00am - 1:00pm 3 Wheeler Regatta Open Practice for all Participants/ Race Sign Up

11:00am Sand Bar Open

11:30am Women's Barrel Races

11:00 - 4:00pm Drags

1:00pm Men's Barrel Races

1:30 - 2:30pm 3 wheeler Regatta Kids class, 70cc 88cc, 120cc, Unlimited, Group 15 min separated practices

2:00pm SXS Pre-Run

2:30-3:00pm Track Grooming, BS Sessions, Lunch

3:00-5:00pm 3 Wheel Regatta Group Practices, 15 minute Sessions

5:30-6:00pm 3 Wheeler Regatta Track Grooming, Race Sign Up

6:00-7:00pm 3 Wheeler Regatta Battle your Buddy 1 on 1 Three-Lap Races

7:00-8:00pm 3 Wheeler Regatta Vender/Sandfest Volunteer Rraces

Dusk Bonfire/Music/Movie in the Back Ground

Friday 7/1

8:30am Poker Run Pre-Registration

9:00-6:00pm Vendors open

9:00-10:00am 3 Wheeler Regatta ace Sign up, registration open

10:00am Poker Run

10:00-12:00pm 3 Wheeler Regatta Group Practice Sessions, 15 min

11:00am Sand Bar open

10:00-2:00pm Sand Car Challenge Test & Tune

11:00-3:00pm Drags

12:00-1:00pm 3 Wheeler Regatta 8 Lap Short Races by Class, no Ttrophies

1:30-2:00 3 Wheeler Regatta 8 Llap Short Rraces by Class, no Trophies

2:00-3:00 3 Wheeler Regatta ATC 70 Drag Races at Boxcar!

3:00pm Slip-n-Slide

3:00pm Poker Run Prizing

3:30-4:30pm SxS Race

3:30-5:30pm 3 Wheeler Regatta Fast Qualifier, 2 laps per racer per group

6:00-6:30pm 3 Wheeler Regatta Track Grooming. Fast Qualifier Awards

6:30-8:30pm 3 Wheeler Regatta Vendor/Volunteer Team IROC Man 30 Lap event

7:00pm-7:30pm Freestyle Show

8:00-11:00pm Night Drag Races

9:00-11:30pm Bonfire/Music

Saturday 7/2

9:00-6:00pm Vendors Open

9:00-11:00am 3 Wheeler Regatta Race Sign up, Open Practice

9:00am Show-n-Shine Sign Ups

10:00am Kids Treasure Hunt

10:00-11:30am 3 Wheeler Regatta ATC 70 Show n Shine

10:00-11:00am Show-n-Shine/Judging/Trophies

11:00am Kids Drags

11:00-4:00pm Drag Races

11:00-3:00pm Sand Car Challenge

11:30-12:00pm 3 Wheeler Regatta Kids Race, 70cc, 10 lap

12:00pm Adult / Kid Relay Races

12:00-1:00pm 3 Wheeler Regatta Podium Trophy Presentation, Kids, Stock 70

1:00-1:30pm 3 Wheeler Regatta 88cc, 120cc 10 lap Main Events

1:30-2:00pm 3 Wheeler Regatta Unlimited Class Main Event

2:00-2:30pm 3 Wheeler Regatta Podium Trophy Presentation, 88cc, 120cc, Unlimited

2:30-3:00pm 3 Wheeler Regatta One on One battle your buddy revenge 3 lap events

3:00-4:30pm 3 Wheeler Regatta ATC 70 Drag Races at Boxcar

3:00pm Slip-n-Slide

3:30-4:30pm SxS Race

3:30-4:00pm Freestyle Show

4:00pm Industry Auction

5:00-7:00pm 3 Wheeler Regatta Iron Man Team race. 2-3 person

6:30pm UFC Fight Live (in the bar)

7:00-7:30pm 3 Wheeler Regatta Iron Man Awards and ATC 70 Givaway GRANDPRIZE

9:00-11:30pm Bonfire / UFC Fight on the Big Screen Followed by Music

Sunday 7/3 - FREE RIDE DAY!

9:00-6:00pm Vendors Open (Optional)

12:00pm Girls Exhibition Race

More Events Coming Soon.

Schedule is subject to change without notice.

EVENTS

This is going to be a blast. I am not sure due to schedule if I can be there, BUT if at all possible....I am going to try my best to be there.

anyone who has not been to Oregon sand dunes, ....ITS WORTH GOING....They are Beautiful!

Great job to Jason and Gary for doing this!!!!

Anyone who doesn't know them, They are COMPLETE atc 70 addicts and support our addiction in Full force. They also own some of the nicest atc 70's on the planet. (they are the owners of the yellow Rocket factory honda 70's)

Anyway :cheers: to you two atc 70 madmen of the pacific northwest. This would be an INSANE time

I am thinking ROAD TRIP!!! :lol:

:poule:

Edited by POULE43

Dear lord!! this sound like a great summer trip. Dont think I can pull it off ,but you never know.

Wow!

Like Andy I am not sure I will be able to attend, but if there is any possible way I will be.

This sounds like an epic three wheeler event. I am honored that you chose to use the Tres Regatta name.

How cool is that! Jason and Garry are definitely ATC70 addicts!

You guy's rock, let me know what I can do to help support the event.

Hey Kasey can I borrow my 250r back for a weekend? :lol:

Edited by treshombre

I have a 20' flatbed, who has the high MPG truck?

Roadtrip!!!

I have a 20' flatbed, who has the high MPG truck?

Roadtrip!!!

Andy's Dually seems to be running well.... If he remembers to put diesel in it! :hmm:

If you guys can make it up, we can work on getting you some Chevron Gift Cards.... We have some connections in that area:)

Sandfest is a great event and the Regatta should add to it. It is not that bad of a drive (We do it all the time in the Winter) , and nothing beats a road trip to the Oregon dunes if you haven't been there.

Robert, if you get your 250R back, I just got a Tri Z 250 to play with:) Coos bay has lots of places to stay, and or I can find you camping.

Let me know how I can help get some of you guys up here?

Jason LaPoint

Here is some pictures to dream about, yes the second one is the back drop to the ATC 70 Track.

oregon1.jpg

491q.jpg

bump for the exposure!!! :))) :rtd:

Hi Folks,

I hear Andy and Robert may be coming up.

I just got an email from Don. Don is the guy I bought Jason's A+ from that he raced at Tre-Regatta last year. He will be at Horsfal Beach campground with his sandrail and now his 70. Yahoo!!! Don has a really nice ???? 70 or bigger ?????

Hope some of you folks can make the trip up to Sandfest in Oregon. The Oregon Dunes will be a new and fun experience for you. We have trails through the trees, down to the beach, some pretty good dunes, and you will be close to the vending area for the event. You will also be just a couple minutes from town, motels, restruants, etc......

Take care,

Hummer

Hey Gerry :holla: Jason,

Talking to the little lady this sounds like a blast and a killer road trip. Now where is PeeWee and Gordy at :lol:

Working on it hate to commute but sounds like a blast... we will see...

The Trip will be worth it, should be a great event. If you need help finding parking let me know. I believe sand camping is open. but email or message me on this I will get you some info. Jlapoint9@gmail.com

We have bulldozers and heavy equipment used to build the tracks. I will be there on June 25th Sat. to start working on it.

Bring some 70's, Hang out at the SandBar. Watch some Sand Rail Racing, Drag Quads, and enjoy the Oregon Coast. Live DJ on site and usually a good party and giant bonfire. Throw some free style motocross into the mix.

Believe me, your wife will love the Oregon Coast, only problem will be getting her back out to dumont or glamis:)

OK,

So how about this for an idea? Road trip with one guy diving up, one down to haul bike. Save the away time and other folks fly in? Just a thought?

Do you guys have shirts? Can we see the shirts? are they for sale for those of us that can't make it out there?

Hey Gerry :holla: Jason,

Talking to the little lady this sounds like a blast and a killer road trip. Now where is PeeWee and Gordy at :lol:

Working on it hate to commute but sounds like a blast... we will see...

Bustin-b's,

I got busted by Gordy for making him build 3 Custom A+'s at one time. :td: I think he hates me now ............Lol.......

I have ask them to drive up and I hope they can make it. I should see them next week and I will "Poke" them some more. :mg:

Garry

I wish I would have known sooner. I would have tried to cover the event, but I think someone else is going to it instead :(

Anyone else down for a road trip? Unfortunatly, my truck might be in the shop getting a motor put in around that time. Who knows maybe it will die sooner, its making a ton of racket right now.

I may be in the Bay area for work. Closest southwest flies is PDX,....then rent a mini van / camper....drive 224 miles to Coos Bay and DONE......

HHHHHHMMMMMMMMMM a lot of work, but man it seems like a great time,........just pack half helmet....goggles.....cargo shorts....swimsuit........vans.............

I wanna go soooo bad!

Did not make T shirts for this Regatta, we have no idea of the possible turn out, Will do it for sure next year:) I do have sweat Direct Drive CNC trophy's, and a great events planned. The Weather looks great for Friday and Saturday off the event. I am packing today and getting fueled up for this weekends track prep. I will post pics as the track comes together and post videos of some the events. stay tuned.

Jason

:tres:Jason and I will unveil our latest ATC 70R's at Sandfest.

Come see Gordon's, Peewee's, and Joe's NEW Creation'sssssssssssssssss www.hondaatc70.com at SANDFEST 2011

We will have the THREE (3) newly Reconditioned A+ Super Bikes (ATC70R) at Sandfest.

We will not post pictures until after Sandfest. :ftf:

These three bike are OEM A+'s with the Three Stooges Mod's.

Hope to see you there.

Huummer

Have a great time guys and get LOTS OF PICS. Due to family committments, I can't attend this year...........I wish I could go, cuz these are great dunes and fun people to party with!!!!

Have a blast and again.....POST PICS!!!!

THANK YOU both soo much for the offer!!!

:cheers: fellow atc 70 nuts!!!

Well as much as I would love to go... I am out as well. I am in Arizona on unavoidable bussiness trip.

Poule and I tried every way possible to make it but just isn't in the cards tis year. Ihope you guys have a blast and I am able to attend next year. Can't wait to see pics and write up of the event! I'd sure rather be in Coos bay vs 116deg Az for sure!

Hey Guys,

That's Okay................Thanks for trying................

The good news is the weather is GREAT...............I also think there will be many new 70 guys/gals after this weekend.

The biggest question we get is "What is a Regatta"??????????????? I guess we should have included the word "RACE"....Lol

I tried to attach some pictures but not sure if they will attach. We have a track, (Very Cool Track) in the middle of vendor row. (Next to the Beer Garden)

Not sure if we will get this place next year but it is fun being so close to everything.

post-37138-1309542526_thumb.jpg

post-37138-1309542568_thumb.jpg

post-37138-1309542600_thumb.jpg

Here is a better picture of the track from Jason's camera.

post-37138-1309544391_thumb.jpg

What is a Regatta?

From Wikipedia:

A regatta is a series of boat races. The term typically describes racing events of rowed or sailed water craft, although some powerboat race series are also called regattas. A regatta often includes social and promotional activities which surround the racing event, and except in the case of boat type (or "class") championships, is usually named for the town or venue where the event takes place.

So,...... we missed the boat part...... ;)

GD.com version: :tres:

A regatta is a gathering of ATC 70s, usually on 'the sand' but can also be on other dirt surfaces. The term typically describes social gatherings of equally warped, addicted, slightly off persons in the preservation of, to down right worship to, stock or modified ATC 70s. Although some boat races are also called regattas, The sand people have adopted the term for their beloved ATC 70 major events. A regatta always includes social and promotional activities, which surround unrelenting bench-racing, along with some actual racing to include drag and course racing events. Occasionally an epic grudge match is called. These will take place as needed to keep bragging rights in their proper place. At some Regattas there are Show-n-Shine/Build competitions sometimes with classes for the younger builders.

There are three 'ATC 70 Regattas' at the time of this post. Glamis, Dumont, and Oregon.

Smaller 'Gatherings' of ATC 70s take place in between the official 'Regattas'. These are held at personal residences, private practice tracks, and possibly other camping/trail areas. They can be as small as a few 'addicts' tippin' beers in someone's garage/man cave, to 'as many that show up' numbers to ride in mass.

More seasoned Regatta attendies will need to enlighten us on how the term 'Regatta' was chosen. :rtd:

Looks like you had a nice 'Spot' for your Regatta. Love the three stooges trikes. Patiently waiting for more pics and vids......... :)

Edited by ElderGeek

Hey Guys,

That's Okay................Thanks for trying................

The good news is the weather is GREAT...............I also think there will be many new 70 guys/gals after this weekend.

The biggest question we get is "What is a Regatta"??????????????? I guess we should have included the word "RACE"....Lol

I tried to attach some pictures but not sure if they will attach. We have a track, (Very Cool Track) in the middle of vendor row. (Next to the Beer Garden)

Not sure if we will get this place next year but it is fun being so close to everything.

post-37138-1309542526_thumb.jpg

post-37138-1309542568_thumb.jpg

post-37138-1309542600_thumb.jpg

The A+ trikes look amazing.

tmas