Sign in to follow this  
Sndsamplr

2011 Gd.com Veterans Day Ceremony

Holy Cow I can't wait!!!

What a great way to start off the dune season!

I updated the first post in this thread with some GPS Coordinants and a link to an almost useless Google map that shows the flagpole.

This link should open up an editable Glamis Map showing the Flagpole

See everyone there!!!

Pastor

And here a few years ago i joked, Hey we can find it. Its marked with a flag out in the middle of no where, should be easy to find. :rotf:

And thank you Pastor!!

Well, looks like I'll be able to make it out after all. Paid a SSgt $100 to take my duty :lol:

Well, looks like I'll be able to make it out after all. Paid a SSgt $100 to take my duty :lol:

dang, didnt you just get stuck with that duty last weekend? :lol:

:nag:

I will be there- :rtd:

looking for someone to camp with- as all my buddies are not making this trip.

Let me know if anyone has room for one more in their group. I perfer the wash area. Let me know.

_kyle

Let me know if anyone has room for one more in their group. I perfer the wash area. Let me know.

_kyle

But you HATE the military...

You bringing your Westboro Baptist friends with you?

_kyle

But you HATE the military...

You bringing your Westboro Baptist friends with you?

omg - :1cheff: you have had your panties in a bunch ever since i didnt aggree with his daughter joining. guess people cant have an opinion now a days.

i support the men and women in the military - just dont like how things are run now a days-

back on topic please.

Edited by kjsmith84

I'm always in Glamis for Vets...maybe this year I'll actually make the Ceremony :rotf::doh:

Thanks Steph! I got a phone call from a friend who so kindly offered to lead the "sissy" ride as I will call it! :ck: I think we'll be down in 22 by mid day on Friday! I'm sure we'll see you there!

MBD - Let me know where you're going to end up - we'll come down and say "hey"!!! You can meet little miss! :sha:

We'll actually be making it out this year!! Can't wait.

One question though - is the ride doable with little people in a RZR? I will have a 16 mo old and 4 mo old in car seats in the RZR and just want to make sure that the trip out isn't too much.

Thanks!

Yep, there are a couple options to getting out there easily and safely. Ifly lead Storman Norman out in his 2 wheel drive truck one year.. I know Kevin has driven his Toyota out there...

the easy way in... go in through the valley that heads West from about wash10 to wash 13. It will lead you back to Brawley slide. From there you will have to work your way over a few bowls. Not anything real bad, I could probably get a kid on a 90cc through it. You will hit the next valley, head Southwest through that valley until you reach the flag pole. You will see it pretty easily and should be able to see the group gathering..

Come with us, Leave Gecko, ride hard, really hard and make it to flagpole in under five minutes, it's a fun ride with nothing but small, fast stuff in between.

Come with us, Leave Gecko, ride hard, really hard and make it to flagpole in under five minutes, it's a fun ride with nothing but small, fast stuff in between.

those dunes Northwest of the flag pole are a blast.. We were running that area last week. Smooth and noone around..

those dunes Northwest of the flag pole are a blast.. We were running that area last week. Smooth and noone around..

Yep, we like to play a little follow the leader out there, run hard and it's easy for the smaller cars, sxs and quads, problem is that we get a little over confident in that area...lots of witches eyes.

It's the best trip of the year, VETERANS DAY!!

The GD.com Veterans Day ceremony will be held at the flag pole on Saturday, November 12th, starting at 11 am. Be there by at least 10:45.

We are going to have a surprise speaker (if all goes as planned up till then) :D, and I think we will all enjoy seeing that person.

Last year we had a great time camping down at 22 and 23, so if anybody is planning on going that hasn't picked a camp spot yet, you are more than welcome down there.

I hate to set peoples agenda for the day, but maybe a pot luck would be cool for the evening, maybe between 5 and 6? If anybody wants to rock it, then please step up. If it's too much of a problem, no biggie, we can just do regular dinner. Traditionallly, we have the cake cutting ceremony also, and that will be held at 7pm on Saturday down at wash 22/23 after dinner.

Shirts will be available from Sand Diva and Monkey at camp (wherever they might be), and they will also be available at the flag pole.

This years coins are beautiful, and have just a slightly different look to them. :D

And we always have a special something from the main man YFZ, and I think this year will be no different. :D

For those of you who haven't been to the Veterans Day Ceremony, you need to be a part of it, you will never forget it.

post-889-1318985949_thumb.jpg

The Okies are in, how have you guys done it in the past? a list? everyone brings their own plates, drinks, forks, safety spoons (for those that have trouble with forks and occasionally stab theirselves)

1. we'll bring a pot of Jambalaya/rice, some stuffed Jalapeno peppers, jalapeno deviled "gripper" eggs, jalapeno pickles....you may not have anything with jalapenos, unless you use correct pronouncation.....we are North of the border, down South it's how-laa-pee-no, North it's Jaw-lap-ee-no.

Last year there was a list. I can bring some flood lights again. Your howlaapeeno dishes sound awesome :lick:

Wopa bbq's up some great sweet potatoes, and I'll make an Asian noodle salad and mini cornbread sun dried tomato muffins....or whatever else is needed.

It's the best trip of the year, VETERANS DAY!!

The GD.com Veterans Day ceremony will be held at the flag pole on Saturday, November 12th, starting at 11 am. Be there by at least 10:45.

We are going to have a surprise speaker (if all goes as planned up till then) :D, and I think we will all enjoy seeing that person.

Last year we had a great time camping down at 22 and 23, so if anybody is planning on going that hasn't picked a camp spot yet, you are more than welcome down there.

I hate to set peoples agenda for the day, but maybe a pot luck would be cool for the evening, maybe between 5 and 6? If anybody wants to rock it, then please step up. If it's too much of a problem, no biggie, we can just do regular dinner. Traditionallly, we have the cake cutting ceremony also, and that will be held at 7pm on Saturday down at wash 22/23 after dinner.

Shirts will be available from Sand Diva and Monkey at camp (wherever they might be), and they will also be available at the flag pole.

This years coins are beautiful, and have just a slightly different look to them. :D

And we always have a special something from the main man YFZ, and I think this year will be no different. :D

For those of you who haven't been to the Veterans Day Ceremony, you need to be a part of it, you will never forget it.

post-889-1318985949_thumb.jpg

The Okies are in, how have you guys done it in the past? a list? everyone brings their own plates, drinks, forks, safety spoons (for those that have trouble with forks and occasionally stab theirselves)

1. we'll bring a pot of Jambalaya/rice, some stuffed Jalapeno peppers, jalapeno deviled "gripper" eggs, jalapeno pickles....you may not have anything with jalapenos, unless you use correct pronouncation.....we are North of the border, down South it's how-laa-pee-no, North it's Jaw-lap-ee-no.

Last year there was a list. I can bring some flood lights again. Your howlaapeeno dishes sound awesome :lick:

Wopa bbq's up some great sweet potatoes, and I'll make an Asian noodle salad and mini cornbread sun dried tomato muffins....or whatever else is needed.

ju forgot da bbq pizza ;)

Edited by Orange_R

Can't wait..I'll be there in less than a week

Lookin forward to it :sha:

weather.com says chance of Thunderstorms Sat Nov 12..But only a 30% chance

weather.com says chance of Thunderstorms Sat Nov 12..But only a 30% chance

70% chance that it will not rain......... :sraptor:

:hyper: Officially started my "list" of things to do, buy and pack for this trip :yahoo:

:hyper: Officially started my "list" of things to do, buy and pack for this trip :yahoo:

Me too: toss bike in back of truck with gear. Throw a sleeping bag and pillow in the truck with TP for my bunghole and beer. Raid RVs for food. All done :lol:

Me too: toss bike in back of truck with gear. Throw a sleeping bag and pillow in the truck with TP for my bunghole and beer. Raid RVs for food. All done :lol:

Got a kick out of that, come by, we'll feed ya, after all I gotta do something with all those old Chicken ala king MREs, hell I couldn't even do that to a Marine, okay maybe a burger.

Edited by tinytimslaw2

Fired the Funco up..

Sounds real good.. :thumbup:

Cant wait, Mosdef best trip of the year.... we will be in wash 4.5 with the Wes group.... great friends, great rides and great times.. see ya soon