MQUnlimited

2 Missing Near Randsburg

Hope they find them...going to be tough out in the elements since the desert temps drop into the 20s.

http://district37ama.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49990

http://www.independent.com/news/2011/dec/2...missing-desert/

Damn that sucks, going out on a ride at 2:30 in the morning is never a good idea....

We're going camping out there for New Years. Something to keep in mind.

Hope they find them safe. Where are the crazy mine camps that they are all talking about. I think I want to stay away from them if I ever go riding up that way.

Hope they find them. Years ago we camped out near one of the dry lake beds...bunch of us went to do some high speed runs on the lake at dusk and the lowest point of the lake bed was knee high mud. One motorcycle got stuck and we could not get him out, you couldn't even walk in the mud.

Search crew came out looking for us but we were a speck on the open barren lake bed.

Hope they find them safe. Where are the crazy mine camps that they are all talking about. I think I want to stay away from them if I ever go riding up that way.

See the movie Deliverance?

I saw one camp on the North side of town along the tracks.was crazy to see.

Yup, crazies out there "protecting" their mines.

This was posted on the Facebook page created for the search efforts. Lets hope it pans out and they are ok:

Posted by:

Tony Bartel

I have heard that the SAR team from ridgecrest is on their way to the location where the two guys may have been spotted. keep your finders crossed.

We're going camping out there for New Years. Something to keep in mind.

Remember all those emergency vehicals last trip?

Never did figure out what that was all about.

latest post from that message board in post #1:

"Their friend that posted on TT is reporting a recovery - not rescue. Sad news, hope he's wrong..."

Supposedly the bodies have been found, they drove off a 500' cliff during the night. RIP

omg... according to the facebook they made for updates :Steve Grasha Two bodies found about noon today...The ATV went over a cliff and dropped 500 feet. The Bodies are being airlifted now. Found about 1.5 miles from command post.

very horrible news.. i was really hoping for a miracle

Everything ive read sounds like a body recovery. RIP

facebook confirms

Terry Baxter

I am so sad to report it is official, Dan and Chris were found deceased. The search is over. We will set up Memorial Page and focus on the family now.

Edited by ISBB

The worst news, as someone thats riden that area alot over the past few years this is my great fear. Please be smart and safe. Very sad, gods speed.

That's horrible news!!

RIP offroaders, prayers and heartfelt condolences to the families...

Sorry to hear the news. RIP

So sad! RIP

- Two bodies found about noon today…The ATV went over a cliff and dropped 500 feet. The Bodies are being airlifted now. Found about 1.5 miles from command post.

- The location is Government Peak. I am searching for that now!

- Nothing could have saved them…they passed on impact….The seat belts ripped from the vehicle. The vehicle was found 100 feet further down the cliff from were the bodies were found at about 400 feet over the side…

- I report this with great sadness and held back until I was able to reconfirm that the family’s were notified of the situation.

- I am saddened to no end to have to have been the one to report this information.

- I understand it was a team from Ventura that made the discovery.

Not that they would have made it with the seatbelt mounts intact, but this is the second recent story I have heard this happening.

Edited by mellen_mpz

We go there every t-day. Government peak is a pretty wide marked roads. This is a pic from two years ago new years, you can see the road how wide they are, there are some nice sxs trails in that area, nothing too difficult.

post-21478-1324610517_thumb.jpg

The hill behind us is where government peak is, we were coming down and it started snowing.

Edited by DURAMAXYFZ

were they in a SXS?

were they in a SXS?

I beleive I read it was a Polaris Rzr

2;30 in the morning??? So sad for thier families!