Sign in to follow this  
D-n-Tyke

Naming Our New Family Member

Dog Name  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So we get to bring our new little guy home next week. And ofcourse we are having a hard time settling on a name. He is a pure breed black lab. Mom is about a 65lb dog, while dad i about a 95lb dog. So he is going to be on the larger side of medium. Looking for a name that stay with him as he grows and thru out his life. No names that are cute for a puppy but don't work when they group up to a full grown dog.

We have kind of narrowed it down to two names, but are still open to others. Of the two we have it narrowed down to which do you think fits him better?

post-2395-1326315028_thumb.jpg

post-2395-1326315006_thumb.jpg

Tucker. Diesel, Ford, Turbo, CJ, they been all about done.

Spelled Tuquor....

Gotta go Tucker... Your kids will giggle everytime you say " Come here you little Tucker" Or when you say something like I am going to kill that little Tucker... You are going to look at them strange though when they say them. There is a Old man from the south who walks his Dog Digger and boy does he get some strange looks from one of the familys on the block

Diesel sure seems to becoming more popular, Dogs and kids. Are Black lab was named Miko

Like my labs, give him 2 more months and you will be call'in "you little s** of b****, F******** A*****le, Shi****d!!!!!! but still lov'in the little guy!!!!

I remember when mine looked that small. This is Toby and he may be mixed with a bit of moose. You can steal the name if you would like. :sraptor:

post-49862-1326318211_thumb.jpg

I remember when mine looked that small. This is Toby and he may be mixed with a bit of moose. You can steal the name if you would like. :sraptor:

And by the way they are the worst dogs as puppies. I love my big guy but if he wasn't so cute and cuddly he would have been gone.

"Bosefus" Makes me miss my boy RIP "Maximus"

Vader is another the kids will love it

post-29304-1326324945.jpg

Edited by crccmp

Coal. As in "Charcoal"

But, I voted for Tucker.

JUST CALL HIM DOG

JUST CALL HIM DOG

"Dioge" = DEE Oh GEE. = D - O - G

Like my labs, give him 2 more months and you will be call'in "you little s** of b****, F******** A*****le, Shi****d!!!!!! but still lov'in the little guy!!!!

X2

Voted tucker

awesome looking pup, tucker

my black lab was named reggie.

turbo, dooner, diesel, etc, are all played out.

when you get him home, check him out for a few days. damn dogs usually name themselves.

JUST CALL HIM DOG

"Dioge" = DEE Oh GEE. = D - O - G

That's my parents dogs name, D O G

It's a male, right? Then you should name him Barack. Then get his sister and name her Michelle.

Or maybe Pepsi??

We named our flat coated retriever (aka long haired Lab lol) boy Turbo a couple years ago, hadn't seen a "Turbo" at that time. He now goes by Boo, Boo Boo, Turd, Big Brown Turd, and DIG DIG DIG. Our female is appropriately named "Angel" and she now is know as Angel Cletus Cannonball (does a great cannonball in the pool) Fatso Fat Dog Dixon. AKA DA BABY. Moral of the story, you can name them whatever you like, but they create their own names too ;)

Labs are a PITA in the puppy years, I highly recommend crate training to avoid the grey hairs and destruction of items that need chewing on :hmm: Angel (rescued her in the road @ about 5 weeks, is a fluffy mutt) never destroyed anything bad except the old couch on the porch once. Turbo on the other hand still has his bad days and he just turned 2 on Christmas. We rescued him @ 4 months old.

Good luck, adorable puppy! My advice take him to Glamis and get him used to the sounds and sights ASAP. Angel started going @ 6 weeks old and she is now bomb-proof. We take her shooting, fireworks, ride through the dunes etc. no problems. Turbo only has a couple trips under his belt and he is scared to death of fireworks or guns. :dunno:

How about Wes? Short for Wesley Snipes cause that man is BLACK!

My daughter named our black lab Rainbow. She was 5-6 at the time, but it stuck. Nobody could figure it out.

Cletus....