wanting to boost LS7

parker@gearone

On 1/14/2022 at 1:51 PM, parker@gearone said:

My problem is my engine builder , quoted me 4 weeks to tear apart inspect and rebuild engine with new cam. It took 12 weeks... Then I dropped the engine in the car and bought a Holley terminator from them and paid him to install the terminator and tune the car. he quoted me 2 weeks, it took 6 weeks for me to realize I had to pick up the car figure out the terminator myself and find a different tuner. I am at the point where I need to find a new engine guy or figure it out myself. Just trying to find the best way to get another 200 hp out of this engine.

I bought my motor from a dude in the East Valley he's an LS whiz kid. He's very knowledgeable and stuck to his word, held the motor for me without a deposit, and had all the parts I wanted plus some. I'll send you his number. 

• Like 1

• Site Sponsor
On 1/14/2022 at 6:27 AM, parker@gearone said:

They work ok just not a lot of cooling 

Meth spray would work better or both 

https://www.tickperformance.com/tick-1400hp-low-profile-billet-air-to-water-intercooler-for-all-holley-ram-intakes/

db.com car 2.jpeg

• Site Sponsor
On 1/14/2022 at 12:51 PM, parker@gearone said:

My problem is my engine builder, quoted me 4 weeks to tear apart inspect and rebuild engine with new cam. It took 12 weeks... Then I dropped the engine in the car and bought a Holley terminator from them and paid him to install the terminator and tune the car. he quoted me 2 weeks, it took 6 weeks for me to realize I had to pick up the car figure out the terminator myself and find a different tuner. I am at the point where I need to find a new engine guy or figure it out myself. Just trying to find the best way to get another 200 hp out of this engine.

That is easy to get more HP, my naturally Aspirated beats a lot of boosted engines, 

if you want to run E85 you can do natural 13.5-13.8 to one on compression that will get you 100 right there, the LS7 has a very weak sleave, we will not boost them for a off-road vehicle without a Darton Sleeve upgrade $2000,  

To make 800 Crank HP Naturally Aspirated is expensive but doable, still cheaper than boosted, 

• Frankenstein Alper Series Heads, 
  • .015-.030 Lash lifters  
  • Adjustable Rockers 
  • Alper Grind by Cam-Motion 
  • 4.100 Crank to make it a 440

10.5-10.8 can run 91 makes good HP, 

Boosted will have to fight some issues, i dont care if you have the best air cooling bla bla bla, will always fight air temps on long dune runs, the boosted guys never make it to the end of the run in Idaho without stopping 

Turbos more money than a SC to do it right, 

Whipple makes killer torque, but always will chuck a belt from time to time, and really makes some air temp,  

E85 will save from detonation, but when the air temps get hot, the power you loose from hot air temps will feel like a naturally aspirated motor, 

At the end of the day boosted motors will make killer power, but you cant be cheap about it,  just like comparing a empi 930 cv to Gear one CV, they both work, its how it works over time, 

For what you have now, to do a boosted correctly, from start to finish, from coolers to fuel pumps and all plumbing, it will be around $12,000-15,000 

• Like 1