Air Werkz

New! Bolt-on Air System For Hd Truck

AirWerkz-Logo-GD.jpg

New!

We are just about to release our new bolt-on air system for the HD trucks, that include the GM, Ford & Dodge. Right now, we have the GM ready to go, with it officially debuting at the Off Road Expo in Pomona next month. We wanted to let the GD forum members know first. This is a complete bolt on air system and allows you to run air tools, fill tires, run air horns, fill load leveling bags. It will have up to 5 additional ports to plumb in whatever you may need. This system won't interfere with bed hitches or anything else. Just bolt up, run your main power wire & on/off switch to the included relay and you're ready to go.

HD Onboard Air System:

1) Either 1 or 2 VIAIR compressor system - 150 PSI

2) Comes with coil hose and tire inflation gun

3) Included mounting hardware

4) Integrated relay

5) 2 - 3/8" ports available for air horn usage

This system will be available first part of October, but we are taking pre-orders now at a discounted price. We will also have a special on this new system as well as other items at the OffRoad Expo. If pre-ordered, yours will be the first to ship the first week in October.

Single Compressor System: $485 (Reg $569)

Dual Compressor System: $560 (Reg. $659)

Shipping: $20

air-werkz-hd1.jpg

air-werkz-hd2.jpg

air-werkz-hd3.jpg

air-werkz-hd4.jpg

air-werkz-hd5.jpg

air-werkz-hd6.jpg

thats pretty darn sweet! i might start droppin hints to the wifey on bday present ideas.... ;)

I just installed airbags on the truck with a little tiny compressor I paid way to much for. I wish I had seen this sooner, and may still buy it as a secondary system. Pretty cool

I really like this!

Like! Is there a flap or cap that goes on the air chuck to keep dirt out?

Thanks for the great feedback guys. This system even has a relay built into it, so it makes wiring it up very easy. Just your main power line to the relay, and your on/off switch from the cab.

We will have covers for the coupler to prevent dirt / sand from getting in there.

Travis

So I'm a little confused. I went to the website and for a on board air system like the one described here it is only 399.00 for a single compressor. What makes this different that the ones on your site. also if I wanted to pair this up to airbags what system would be best?

Does this have all mounts etc???

So I'm a little confused. I went to the website and for a on board air system like the one described here it is only 399.00 for a single compressor. What makes this different that the ones on your site. also if I wanted to pair this up to airbags what system would be best?

The kit you saw for $399 is a universal mount kit vs. our Air Werkz is a 100% direct bolt-on to the truck. You don't need to make any brackets or anything, and installs in about an hour. We haven't had a chance to upload onto our site, since we are awaiting for final product photography, etc. Released it to you GD members first.

Our Air Werkz system also includes an aluminum 3 gallon tank vs. the steel 2.5, and has 3/8" ports for air horns and uses push-to-connect DOT approved fittings. It will include a tire inflation gun instead of a hose with clip-on tire chucks. Overall it is an upgraded system and comes with the brackets and mounting hardware.

We don't supply a gauge to read tank pressure, since most times it is not needed, and will just stop filling when full. It makes installing it easier as well. Everything is included, minus the main power wire, on/off switch and wiring to turn the system on. It does have the built relay, so only two wires need to be ran.

You can use the Firestone gauge panel that will plumb right into the manifold, and allow individual control of your helper bags. That runs $195 for that in-cab control kit.

Does this have all mounts etc???

Yes, this will come with the mounting bracket and mounting hardware. The bracket is laser cut, bent & has welded reinforcements and comes powdercoated satin black.

Edited by Air Werkz

Do you have something for the 2011+ HD GM chassis (they chassis/susp is all new)? Approx how long would it take this system to fill a ~33-35" tire from ~15psi to ~80psi under load (i.e. I'm at Pismo, I have my trailer hooked up, and I've aired down to 15psi to get around and I need to air back up)? Also, any provision for automatic or in-cab control of helper air-bags?

-TJ

TJ,

Yes, this system will work on 02-Present HD truck. The only thing different on the new 2011+ trucks regarding this kit, is you will have to drill one hole to mount. All other holes line up and will be used.

I would recommend the dual compressor setup for the PSI you're filling up to and size of tires.

I just went and tested the fill times on my truck which uses a 33" tire (295/70/17). This test was using the dual compressor system running through a 3 gallon tank. The tires take a lot of volume and going to 80 PSI is a lot of air. The results are below.

These numbers are a little on the conservative side.

33" Tire (Dual Compressor System)

15 to 30 PSI: 1 Min. 25 Sec.

15 to 50 PSI: 3 Min. 15 Sec.

15 to 60 PSI: 4 Min. 45 Sec.

15 to 70 PSI: 6 Min. 10 Sec.

15 to 80 PSI: 7 Min. 35 Sec.

35" Tire (Dual Compressor System)

Calculated from 33" tire, but should be very close to actual, and again on the conservative side

15 to 30 PSI: 1 Min. 50 Sec.

15 to 50 PSI: 3 Min. 55 Sec.

15 to 60 PSI: 5 Min. 30 Sec.

15 to 70 PSI: 7 Min. 10 Sec.

15 to 80 PSI: 8 Min. 45 Sec.

Forgot to add. Yes there is extra ports to add in-cab control for your helper bags, air horns (3/8" port) or anything else you may need. The in-cab control, such as Firestone that allows individual control for the rear bags, is an added $195.

Travis

TJ,

Yes, this system will work on 02-Present HD truck. The only thing different on the new 2011+ trucks regarding this kit, is you will have to drill one hole to mount. All other holes line up and will be used.

I would recommend the dual compressor setup for the PSI you're filling up to and size of tires.

I just went and tested the fill times on my truck which uses a 33" tire (295/70/17). This test was using the dual compressor system running through a 3 gallon tank. The tires take a lot of volume and going to 80 PSI is a lot of air. The results are below.

These numbers are a little on the conservative side.

33" Tire (Dual Compressor System)

15 to 30 PSI: 1 Min. 25 Sec.

15 to 50 PSI: 3 Min. 15 Sec.

15 to 60 PSI: 4 Min. 45 Sec.

15 to 70 PSI: 6 Min. 10 Sec.

15 to 80 PSI: 7 Min. 35 Sec.

35" Tire (Dual Compressor System)

Calculated from 33" tire, but should be very close to actual, and again on the conservative side

15 to 30 PSI: 1 Min. 50 Sec.

15 to 50 PSI: 3 Min. 55 Sec.

15 to 60 PSI: 5 Min. 30 Sec.

15 to 70 PSI: 7 Min. 10 Sec.

15 to 80 PSI: 8 Min. 45 Sec.

Thanks for running the numbers for me, that's very helpful. Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to pass and look for other solutions.

-TJ