Romans9

Wildlife From Around The House.

WOW, awesome . Great pics. Those owls are bad ass.

God i hope we don't have those bad snakes at our place. We have huge black snakes and most of the other critters over here. We have those box turtles tho. Living in the country is awesome.

What kind of snake is the big black one? The one you didn't catch? ;) I'm diggin the owls toowhoo. Little babies. Is the fish a carp?

What kind of snake is the big black one? The one you didn't catch? ;) I'm diggin the owls toowhoo. Little babies. Is the fish a carp?

The fish was a grass carp that came up in a shallow spot when the water rose and as it went back down he got caught. Made me sick as they keep ponds free from moss.

That is a basically a garden snake, and yes I have caught him many times;

post-11460-1352170253_thumb.jpg

On this day my wife had tried to scare him away from the house and he was already mad. I walked him out about 200 yards and let him go. Less than one hour later my wife finds him under the deck again and she tries again to chase him off, and by the time I get out there he is good and pissed. I fast reach for him and bites me hard and let me tell you I kept my composure and worked him off my hand but it hurt like hell.

Cudos to you for recognizing how interesting they are not killing them! I'll never understand why people kill snakes just for the hell of it.

I want to live where you do! Minus the snakes Although they do help control the mice.

nice hooters

Came home to mama and her babies. She went next door and his cat was checkin them out

8AA33BC5-B9AE-4C73-8A2D-69750A24A0AF.jpeg

09415898-4007-473F-92B9-DB8C52505498.jpeg

4412ABCE-05DE-49D8-86E8-F426A146D955.jpeg

We've been in our new home for almost 6 months now. I've had 2 rattlesnakes so far.  Had to kill the first one, but since have bought a snake catcher and relocated the second one and every one I find from now on.  Seen many coyotes, rabbits, frogs, a few bobcats, owls, hawks and yesterday, this....6610418709705267107.mp4

A rare hipster millenial?

Love checking out the critters.  I work out in the desert north of Yuma and we have all kinds of them out here.  This year has been a little slow with the snakes, usually have to evict about a doz or so rattlers.  Banded Kings, Gophers, and Rosy Boas get gently relocated out of the way of equipment.  Always have coyotes and kit foxes running around along with a few badgers.  Had a spotted skunk kit show up recently too.  Don't see them to often.  Then there are the bigger ones, deer, wild horses and burros.  

My pet beaver. Second one was yesterday, if you enlarge it there are two deer in the upward center of the pic. Third pic is of a seldom seen rare form of wildlife known to travel the local waterways.

IMG_0005[1].JPG

IMG_0167[1].JPG

IMG_0150[1].JPG

2 minutes ago, BaBaBouy said:

My pet beaver. Second one was yesterday, if you enlarge it there are two deer in the upward center of the pic. Third pic is of a seldom seen rare form of wildlife known to travel the local waterways.

IMG_0005[1].JPG

Nice beaver...

Now go make you a hat out of it.