Sign in to follow this  
Sndsamplr

Veterans Ceremony

The 2012 Veterans weekend was off the charts. I know it was a tad windy at times, but all that did was make the dunes absolutely perfect for riding. The flag pole ceremony was beautiful, and having Beachhead as our “Speaker” was an honor and I teared up during his speech.

It was much better with the PA system, and Sandtrap is the man that came through with that. And he also had the idea to put a solar powered light on the flag pole. I hope its working; I haven’t seen the flag pole at night since it was put up. Way to go Trap. Scat, the slide show was perfect. Seeing a young JD on the side of the trailer was cool. We missed Hozay, but I tell you what, Ray (Raptor Rush) stepped up with the cake cutting ceremony, and he did a fantastic job. He said he didn’t want to just keep talking, but I could’ve sat there and listened all night about all the info he put out. The coolest part of it was when they sang the Marine Hymn, and the three young Marines sang along with Ray and everybody else; it made the hairs stand up on my arms it made me so proud. And, there are a couple anonymous contributors that want to remain anonymous, no problem. But, thank you.

But, the man that makes this all happen, the silent figure that gives credit to everyone else, and he deserves it more than anybody, is YFZ4KT, Ken. His devoted appreciation for his fellow veterans makes the GD.com ceremony such a success. The battlecross, bracelets, tags, and plaques; just an added bonus from the man who gives thanks and asks for nothing. That sounds like a beautiful representation of the military if I do say so myself. All that he does and gives from his heart is Duner of the Year in my book.

Glamisdunes.com wants to thank everybody that showed up and thank you to our Veterans and active military personnel. The freedoms that you fight for allows us to play in the most beautiful place on earth, Glamis. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

P.S. I have ordered more shirts, and when they are finished, I will post here in Chat and they will be available through the GD.com store. OR, we can exchange dates of our future trips, and I can bring them down to Glamis and we can hook up there.

I’m going to be posting all the pics I have, which will be a bunch. Esco told me to post only about ten per post, so I'll be posting a few times to get all the pics in.

post-889-1352941275_thumb.jpg

post-889-1352941595_thumb.jpg

post-889-1352941483_thumb.jpg

post-889-1352941507_thumb.jpg

post-889-1352941524_thumb.jpg

post-889-1352941536_thumb.jpg

post-889-1352941545_thumb.jpg

post-889-1352941555_thumb.jpg

post-889-1352941566_thumb.jpg

post-889-1352941582_thumb.jpg

post-889-1352941595_thumb.jpg

That's all I got. Again, the best Vets trip to date. I can't wait for the next one!

Great job!!!! :td:

Thank you for youre guys and girls service to this country....

In one word.......

PERFECT

Thanks to everybody that made this possible. I don't think I'm gonna try to name them all, I would forget a few and I don't think anybody needs to be upset over this day. You guys did a great job. I've always been proud inside myself to be a Veteran, but y'all made me feel like somebody, that Sat.

I'm very humbled by all of your actions, thanks again,

Debbie and Tank Thomas

THANK YOU!!!!!

That was fantastic thank for posting great pic's...

Very nice! :thumbup::flageagle:

That was a fantastic day.. I have never seen so many grown men with their chest swollen with pride and tears in their eyes... Great job to all that contribute... :thewave:

:flageagle: