Using DZUS Holes for Lightbar?

wesinls

I'm sure others have done it - I'm curious how you did it...looks like at minimum you'd need a concaved washer like the one below (my roof panel is dimpled) - to avoid damaging the aluminum...but what have others used for the other side - large washer and nylock nut?

image.png.634f04685c1db2617437013b81444f8b.png

• Site Sponsor

i did this on the old teyrx, the holes were just the right distance for the light bar. i dont remember what washer i used on the out side of the roof i know it was nothing special. but just used a nut on the back, did not have any issues with it. the spring on the back side from the fastener held the nut perfect. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 10:43 AM, wesinls said:

I'm sure others have done it - I'm curious how you did it...looks like at minimum you'd need a concaved washer like the one below (my roof panel is dimpled) - to avoid damaging the aluminum...but what have others used for the other side - large washer and nylock nut?

image.png.634f04685c1db2617437013b81444f8b.png

“Fender washers”

mcmaster carr .com find the size and material you need. I have a bunch of stainless fender washer and 5/16 tapered stainless bolts and nylock nuts if you just need a few

Edited by Sausage450r
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sausage450r said:

“Fender washers”

mcmaster carr .com find the size and material you need. I have a bunch of stainless fender washer and 5/16 tapered stainless bolts and nylock nuts if you just need a few

Thanks = McMaster seems to always come through for the odd ball pieces