duneluvr

Gmc Duramax Help.

OK Guys, need your help. Need a GMC diesel truck repair guy near Corona. Got in the truck to go to work, got a block down the street and check engine light came on and engine started clattering like the lifters where going to come out. Will need to be towed some place and AAA will only tow 7 miles for free... any suggestions are appreciated...

Sounds kinda like when my injector harness or injector rail went out. I forget what it was but it wasnt to bad. $500 Hope it isnt something big.

It's not within your 7 mile limit but I use All Time Diesel in Glendora. Very good guys and took care of my 06 Dmax when two injectors went out. You can also call a local tow company and get a price for towing. Good luck, sucks to have a broke truck.

Call Robert at Destroyer Auto in Corona.

They did an engine replacement for me (buddy refered me, they did one for him too) on my 2002 Chevy truck.

He was a good guy to deal with and had better pricing than others I called.

edit to add: my truck wasnt diesel but he works on all kinds, he may be able to help you

Edited by matt86m

Isn't type4duner down there somewhere? I hear he's the best duramax wrench on the board.

i think clyde (type4duner) is in elsinore area now but he is the man to take your truck to tina, even if it costs a bit to tow. if you havent taken it some place yet, give clyde a call first. he is honest, fair and will not sell you something you do not need

(951)973-3159

If you have a 04.5-05 lly dmax then it sounds like injector harness rubbed through. Right next to alternator.