MGM/FRP

Manx Bodys

Are they street legal?

Mine is on a 70 VW bug pan and registered as one as well. Luckily I have not been messed with yet by the cops. I spent 8 days up by June Lake and had a few CHP look twice at me but left me alone.

Are they street legal?

Depends on what you put it on. 69-74 VW pan.......sure is.

I just picked mine up last weekend from them, great bunch of guys and even helped loading in the back of my truck. Went with the mid travel body.

I'm using a 73 bug pan and having John @ mosebuilt fab a A-Arm Chasis around it. I hope to post a new thread on the build once I get the chassis back.

MGM/FRP: would definately recommend :mg:

Edited by griprippinhp

Are they street legal?

Mine is on a 70 VW bug pan and registered as one as well. Luckily I have not been messed with yet by the cops. I spent 8 days up by June Lake and had a few CHP look twice at me but left me alone.

Desertguy76 sent you a PM

Scott, when did you start doing radius roof LT Manx's? I REALLY like the red one but in green! Is that a peterbuilt or PSD chassis?

PSD built 2 of these for customers. I have used Peterbuilt as well. These were built a few years ago, I think!

Yes, they can be made street legal.

Tell me about Rasor Road. Also have a street legal Manx with an Ecotec and always looking to go check out new places. Razor looks fun but also looks like alot of sand. I think my care would struggle without paddles. What kind of terrain is it? Is it worth checking out?

Scott, when did you start doing radius roof LT Manx's? I REALLY like the red one but in green! Is that a peterbuilt or PSD chassis?

PSD built 2 of these for customers. I have used Peterbuilt as well. These were built a few years ago, I think!

Yes, they can be made street legal.

Tell me about Rasor Road. Also have a street legal Manx with an Ecotec and always looking to go check out new places. Razor looks fun but also looks like alot of sand. I think my care would struggle without paddles. What kind of terrain is it? Is it worth checking out?

??

Sorry Scott Didnt mean to jack your thread. This was a question to Desert Guy 76.... he mentioned that he heads out to Rasor. I aksed a question to the wrong quote, my bad.

Scott,

I bought a mid travel body a month or so ago picked it up from Steve, can I get the detachable dash panel as I think wiring etc will be much easier and cleaner. Can it be shipped to a business in Sacramento and how much? Feel free to PM me. :1cheff:

short

post-8496-1392831933_thumb.jpg

post-8496-1392831941_thumb.jpg

post-8496-1392831951_thumb.jpg

post-8496-1392831959_thumb.jpg

post-8496-1392831968_thumb.jpg

Edited by MGM/FRP

That just screams FASTCORVAIRS!!!!!!!

Scott, do you still have a mold for DeJongs hood?

Was thinking of getting one and cutting the fenders for duning.

Hey Matt, I don't have the same style. When they built the mx2, they modified the hood quite a bit. I have a used, beat up hood from vince, but I would have to ask him if he wants it before I did anything with it.

Hey Matt, I don't have the same style. When they built the mx2, they modified the hood quite a bit. I have a used, beat up hood from vince, but I would have to ask him if he wants it before I did anything with it.

Is it beat bad? I want to trim the fenders and leave just the middle section for duning. Make a curve where they meet and bolt to the side/body panels.

If that make sense

Can you call and see if he need it?

Thanks!

If he asks what car it is for tell him the '74' car that I own

Edited by matt86m

Hey Scott. Do you by any chance do fiberglass VW THING bodies? Ive been tossing around the idea of grabbing all my buggy parts and building one.

Hey Scott. Do you by any chance do fiberglass VW THING bodies? Ive been tossing around the idea of grabbing all my buggy parts and building one.

I'd like to see a 1-piece 'NEW' beetle body with hood and fenders...

Been thinking about that for about 5-6 years. Even had a chassis design, but could never get the money together to do it.

got something new brewing with the mid travel manx's though.

post-8496-1395955408_thumb.jpg

I wanted the same thing. I'm surprised there wouldn't be a big enough of a market for A Thing body. A little wider, and stretched out.

Edited by surf and dune

Is it beat bad? I want to trim the fenders and leave just the middle section for duning. Make a curve where they meet and bolt to the side/body panels.

If that make sense

Thanks!

???

I wanted the same thing. I'm surprised there wouldn't be a big enough of a market for A Thing body. A little wider, and stretched out.

I've had 3 different major buggy mfg's say yes over the last 4 years and none of them followed thru. I would love to build them, just can't afford to do it all on my own.

some of the ones I've pulled from the internet for idea's.

post-8496-1395968560.jpg

post-8496-1395968565.jpg

post-8496-1395968568.jpg

post-8496-1395968597_thumb.jpg

post-8496-1395968625_thumb.jpg

post-8496-1395968632_thumb.jpg

post-8496-1395968649_thumb.jpg

If that make sense

Thanks!

???

havn't spoken to vince in over a month. Come get it out of my yard. You can have it. It's just rotting anyway's.

Thanks for the reply Scott. Vw Thing is perfect since its already a 4 seater. I searched online and never found a fiberglass version. I really dont want to run a steel body since it would be all tube framed and a sand queen. Back to the drawing boards!

If that make sense

Thanks!

Scott,

Poule will be by soon to grab that hood for me, Thanks!

???

havn't spoken to vince in over a month. Come get it out of my yard. You can have it. It's just rotting anyway's.

Scott,

Poule will be by soon to grab that hood for me, Thanks!

Matt, tell him to bring a truck and take the whole thing. Trying to get rid of stuff. You can do what you want with it. I just want the stuff out of my yard.

I have a complete turbo rotary motor with computer for one of these. Small light and fast

I am back on the wanting to build a manx again... can we use LED lighting for street?

You can do whatever you want (not neccessarly legal), but I'm sure you could make it work.

Scott I bought one of your mid wide body's about 2 months ago. It's the maroon one that play tech is building the frame for. Anyways I am picking up my frame next week and one of the many things I am trying to figure out how to do is my lights. Do you know of any car or truck headlight and tail light assemblies that have the right curvature to attach to that body and look good. Thanks.

Critchy

BTW the color looks great on that body.